Diggs traded to Texans for picks

11 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

About what? 

Who cares what Beane said.  Look at the talent Houston has and look at our talent, then ask yourself which is better.  

What Beane says has nothing to do with anything related to our brief discussion here.  

Yeah, Bills still better because Josh Allen is the best all around football player in the history of the game. 

I get Houston’s WR trio now probably looks the best in the league on paper, but the NFL changes so much year to year.  

Diggs clearly on his way to hitting THAT wall as evident by his play suddenly falling into Clayton’s Ravine during the second half of last season.

Dell already suffered a major injury.

Mixon is nothing special.

Just feels a lot like the Jags hype last year before they just did what the Jags inevitably do, imploded, missed the playoffs entirely and completely fell short of expectations.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan

7 minutes ago, appoo said:

Beane said they weren't done. This is not what the Bills will look like in Sept

That’s not what your mom is going to look like in Sept.*

(* I apologize, appo.  That was completely uncalled for, out of line and I am just excited by the events of the day.  Plus my mom passed away more than 20 years ago so I both project and get envious.)

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm ok with the trade. If this is a bit of a reboot year with letting costly vets go then sure, do it all at once and move on. I'm actually glad to see the Bills move a player a year early rather than a year too late.

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Who is paying franchise QB money?  That is the difference.  It’s a blessing, and a curse. 

Yes, I just watched a Monk episode. 

You've lost me.  What did Beane say about who is paying franchise money?  

I don't chase Beane around in the media for quotes.  

39 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I think the combination of Samuel and Shakir and Kincaid can handle that spot.  That’s what happened during the Bills winning streak to finish the year.  The need remains size and speed on the other side.  

Agree.  The Bills went 6-1 to finish the regular season without getting much production from Diggs. 

So when I'm watching and listening to the experts issue dire warnings that after the trade the Bills have no clear #1 WR I"ll argue they didn't have one the last 1/2 of the regular season either.

Either with or without Diggs they need a legit WR1.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

he was a cancer, it turns out--not heart and soul.

his (essentially) zero trade value confirms what every other GM felt about this guy.  McBeane just wanted to get rid of him

I don't think the Texans took on $19M of which $18.5 is fully guaranteed because "every other GM" thought he was a cancer

On the other hand, a guy who is turning 31 and is due $19M ($18.5M guaranteed) this season and $18M and $19M the next two seasons, has limited trade value.

1 minute ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Yeah, Bills still better because Josh Allen is the best all around football player in the history of the game. 

I get Houston’s WR trio now probably looks the best in the league on paper, but the NFL changes so much year to year.  

Diggs clearly on his way to hitting THAT wall as evident by his play suddenly falling into Clayton’s Ravine during the second half of last season.

Dell already suffered a major injury.

Mixon is nothing special.

Just feels a lot like the Jags hype last year before they just did what the Jags inevitably do, imploded, missed the playoffs entirely and completely fell short of expectations.

Maybe, but a loss will be inexcusable and will be a referendum on managerial MOs.  

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Diggs wasn't a problem; your coach is.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Dean playing

Makes no sense here because Chargers need a receiver too

6 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Good riddance.  Diva who thought he was better than everyone else.  

You sound like the sort of Sabres fan who actually thought trading Eichel and Reinhart was a good idea, or that they were somehow part of any problem with the team.

A pox on your family for a thousand generations!

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Maybe not never but easily the best since Eric Moulds 

I basically remember him as a do-it-all #1 receiver.  

I only got into the nitty-gritty of football towards the end of his career, so I don't really remember the finer details of his game, but what were his biggest weaknesses? (other than his QBs lol)

6 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guy is the best WR the Bills ever had. Thanks for this. McDermott better win this thing basically now or I don’t want to keep running this ***** back.

AMEN BROTHER!

AMEN!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Dean playing

I think the value on that is a little off.

Assuming this years picks (1700 for p5 and 660 for p28).  And also assuming the futures are the last pick value of the round (590 and 270), that value is 1520 to 1700.

2 hours ago, Beast said:

Raise your hand if you think the Bills made this move without the blessing of Josh Allen.

Keep your hand raised high because I want to know who to offer this bridge to, down the road from me, for a sum of money.

I'd go so far as to say Allen likely did more than bless it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You sound like the sort of Sabres fan who actually thought trading Eichel and Reinhart was a good idea, or that they were somehow part of any problem with the team.

You sound like a Diggs groupie that is out of touch with what has been going on with the Buffalo Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Tell me you didn't watch week 6-18 without telling me you didn't watch week 6-18

Diggs is COOKED, the trade was a steal

I remember those 7 days in between weeks 6 and 7 where Diggs went from a top 3-5 wide out to…..POOF!!…useless. The Texans are laughing right now. Josh Allen has weaker talent around him today. So the AFC is laughing as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Have to imagine Twitter was the least of the concerns. 

Diggs publicly throwing Allen under the bus surely made Beane's job harder than it should have been.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, appoo said:

This is driving me insane. This is not how to portray Dead cap. It's THREE MILLION

They're not anywhere close to contending and DK is their best way to get picks

What are you talking about? The Bills will have a cap charge of $30M this year and no player on the roster to show for it. How much more dead do you want that to be???

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Off topic but sadly, there are lots of former Sabres that plain sucked here, got traded, released, or signed with another team that are playing good hockey elsewhere.  Guys actually playing hard instead of floating and coasting like they did here

1 minute ago, eme123 said:

I remember those 7 days in between weeks 6 and 7 where Diggs went from a top 3-5 wide out to…..POOF!!…useless. The Texans are laughing right now. Josh Allen has weaker talent around him today. So the AFC is laughing as well. 

Look at the numbers. They don't lie 

The dude is donezo, despite your caterwauling.

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

What are you talking about? The Bills will have a cap charge of $30M this year and no player on the roster to show for it. How much more dead do you want that to be???

I'd like to add Miller's dead cap to it and get rid of all the dead weight 

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, appoo said:

Beane said they weren't done. This is not what the Bills will look like in Sept

17 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

That’s not what your mom is going to look like in Sept.*

(* I apologize, appo.  That was completely uncalled for, out of line and I am just excited by the events of the day.  Plus my mom passed away more than 20 years ago so I both project and get envious.)

plus I do the mom joke way too much.

…not saying I’ll stop, but that I do it too much.

😁

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You sound like the sort that is unaware of how toxic Eichel and Diggs were.  The proof of the pie is in the eating. If you have any doubt about it, just how toxic must a player be to trade a guy like Diggs for a future second round pick and take the cap hit that the team is taking.

P.S. As for Reinhart, he had an expiring contract and was traded at the deadline. Different situation. I presume you already knew that. He also did not burn his bridges.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

You don't think I understand that figure of speech, sour grapes? Well, you're wrong about that. That's a stone fact.

It's a stone fact that defenders don't always tell the truth about how they covered a guy.

Diggs had safeties coming over the top of him all year long, even if it wasn't man to man. And why not? He was by far our best WR.

In this year's playoff game against the Chiefs, it's a fact that on the play with 5:47 in the 4th quarter he had two guys within a step or to of him and Josh threw it to him anyway, that on the 4th down completion to Shakir on the left at 4:45, Diggs is the only guy on the right side or going there and when Shakir cuts back the guy who ran with him is staring right at Diggs, the only guy on that side and he doesn't notice Shakir cut back until way too late. Man-to-man coverage and Diggs ends up with two guys around him, Shakir none.

It's a fact that on the next pass play, at 3:19 and 3rd and 4 Diggs is alone on the right side, tight to the line and they've got trips on the left. The safety on the left comes down to cover one of the trips, leaving one safety deep. Diggs collects his CB, an LB who heads towards him despite him being the only guy on that side, and the deep safety stays in the middle, leaving a ton of room for Sherfield to convert. Here:

image.png.8466d90430af1222af68f3f47b9decaf.png

And those four around him don't include the safety still on Diggs' side behind all these guys.

I mean, I guess the Chiefs don't consider this double teaming, since they didn't do that? Again, Diggs was the only receiver on that side.

I went to watch the crucial drive at the end, the one that ended with the missed field goal. I watched specifically the first few plays and described above. The coverage was absolutely focused on Diggs.

That's a fact.

Diggs running into coverage isn't always double teaming....

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1