Diggs traded to Texans for picks

Just now, Sweats said:

Yeah?!?.....we've only been relevant for the past 5 years and Diggs has only been with us for the past 4 years, so what else you got?

Diggs brought us over the hump to relevancy!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, KOKBILLS said:

I would agree if it was a 2024 2nd... I know Rick Spielman is saying this may be the best WR Draft, heck even the best Draft overall in NFL history. It's the perfect storm of the covid and NIL fallout... This is a crazy good Draft year. 

You can just move it again - or the first in 2025 - to get players in this draft.  

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I can absolutely see something like that. I think the Bills trading into the top 10 just became possible. 

I think that’d be a terrible trade UNLESS they truly, truly believe (like some) that Nabors is the best WR prospect to come out since Chase. A lot of people have him higher than Harrison.

Edited by dave mcbride

45 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m assuming that second is getting used in a trade up package this year but you never know 

I really don’t think it’s that off value wise assuming we’re getting at least a second…the tyreek hill trade just distorted everyone’s expectations.  If diggs was 5 years younger it’s a travesty 

Again... If it was a 2024 2nd I would fully agree...

Just now, Bruffalo said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but this makes Diggs have 0 effect on the cap next year. All the dead money is pushed to this season. 

That's correct - we got out from under 4 years of $20M+ cap hits and got a 2nd round draft pick for our trouble.

If the Diggs of the second half of last season is the Diggs that we see in Houston there's going to be a lot of people eating their words about this trade.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I'm not sure it is dreaming. They now have the sort of ammunition you need to make it possible without completely mortgaging the future. It is going to take two ones and a two. They can't give up this year's #2 because they don't have a #3. They couldn't before give up next year's #1 and #2 without hollowing out their draft. They now are in a position where they can give up next year's 1 and one of their #2s and still have a 2nd, a 3rd and two 4s (comp formula allowing). That is still 4 picks in the top 130 or so. 

I get what you're saying. The thing is, that's an awful lot to give up for a wide receiver.

• Agree 1

We are going to win the Super Bowl against the Lions after defeating the Houston Texans in the AFC Championship Game. Dalton Kincaid will be MVP. Josh will throw for 400+ yards and 4 touchdowns, with at least 1 rushing touchdown. Milano will have a strip sack fumble recovery for a TD.

Stefon Diggs will have been put on IR in Week 10 with an abdominal injury.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Not the last 10 games of 2023-2024 he wasn’t.  Diggs completely fell of a cliff.

Diggs' performance fell off under Brady, who used him differently.  

This is no endorsement of Dorsey, at all, but under Dorsey Diggs averaged 7.3 catches, 87 yards, 11.9 YPR, and had 7 TDs in 10 games. 

Under Brady Diggs averaged 4.7 catches per game, 42 yards, 8.9 YPR, and had 1 TD in 7 games.  

It doesn't take a genius here to piece things together, particularly that Diggs played slot under Brady more than he has in his 8 other seasons combined.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

why is everyone acting like we're taking an additional 31 million?  It's an additional 3-4 million hit.  That's it. 

Because most people don't know how the cap works.

5 minutes ago, Heitz said:

If that's the best they could get a lot of us on TBD value Diggs more than NFL GMs.  

No question about that. Front office got sick of walking on eggshells around this guy. Was that cryptic enough?

• Agree 3

23 minutes ago, CirclnWagons said:

Anyone who thinks this was a good move for the organization, please contact me immediately to learn about the benefits of investing in time shares 

Someone from Legends on line 1…..

2 minutes ago, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

What does this free up this year we need a WR now

Let's see what the draft brings. Revisit what we need after that. We also have money coming June 2nd and may not be done making moves. Patience. We don't play a game for a while yet.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

why?

i don't want to sacrifice the ability to draft weapons by quantity for one potential quality guy. i'm not over the moon by these WR prospects like others short of MHJ.

54 minutes ago, OutOfBubbleGum said:

He was too fashionable for this area. haha

Yes the Pink bunny suit was the last straw, 

• Haha (+1) 4

Just now, dave mcbride said:

I think that’d be a terrible trade UNLESS they believe like some that Nabors is the best WR prospect to come out since Chase. A lot of people have him higher than Harrison.

Agree they have to believe that. And yep, Harrison is not a total consensus as #1. Equally though Nabers isn't a total consensus as #2. 

The other option is a trade up to say #13 with the Raiders which costs a smaller price and take Thomas. 

• Like (+1) 3