Marvin Harrison Jr wants to be a Bill

10 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

The point is these things could happen. And I could win the lottery. It's highly unlikely and now we don't have a WR1 so we actually need the impossible. Not a good position to be in

From what I'm hearing and reading we didn't have a #1 in Diggs either, Just saying.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Why is it that most of the dumbest things you read on the internet end in "just sayin'" lol

Just sayin, too much sun rots the brain...... (Does pre-empting the "Just Sayin" change the dynamic?)

Edited by Jdragon2

33 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

From what I'm hearing and reading we didn't have a #1 in Diggs either, Just saying.

Greg Cossell was pretty brutal on Diggs about an hour ago.  He was on OBL and said that Diggs is no longer a #1 WR, on the Bills he was, but other teams he wouldn't be.  He is a declining player paid like a #1 WR who is not a #1.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

I really hope I'm wrong (and good news there, i've been doing a lot of that lately!) - I just don't see Arizona or the Giants passing on generational talents at a position of need for them. 

Now more than ever, Thomas is in play. Especially with the added ammo from the Diggs trade. Maybe an outside chance that Odunze falls a couple picks and we're able to get to like 9 or 10 or something.

But when it comes to Harrison and Nabers, I just don't see them giving up not only them - but even guys like BTJ and possibly Mitchell as well, moving all the way to 28.

I think for this to happen, it would need to be like a Josh trade was. We'd need to move up to like the 10-15 range before the Draft and then move up again from there.

1 minute ago, Allen2Moulds said:

Or Nabers. 

I just think a trade up into the top ten is simply too costly and not needed with the depth of WR. I can see going to teens, otherwise sit tight. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I really hope I'm wrong (and good news there, i've been doing a lot of that lately!) - I just don't see Arizona or the Giants passing on generational talents at a position of need for them. 

Now more than ever, Thomas is in play. Especially with the added ammo from the Diggs trade. Maybe an outside chance that Odunze falls a couple picks and we're able to get to like 9 or 10 or something.

But when it comes to Harrison and Nabers, I just don't see them giving up not only them - but even guys like BTJ and possibly Mitchell as well, moving all the way to 28.

I think for this to happen, it would need to be like a Josh trade was. We'd need to move up to like the 10-15 range before the Draft and then move up again from there.

In my mind, Beane landing this extra trade chip essentially puts him in a better position to make a move, if one of the top guys starts to fall within a reasonable reach.  And if that doesn’t happen, he has some ammo to move up in the 2nd round, if there’s a WR he really likes but doesn’t have a 1st round grade on.

I’m ok with keeping our pick, possibly trading up 2-3 spots, and drafting Xavier Legette.  Joe Marino sold me on Xavier.  We keep our picks, add Xavier and another WR in 2nd, double dipping

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I’m ok with keeping our pick, possibly trading up 2-3 spots, and drafting Xavier Legette.  Joe Marino sold me on Xavier.  We keep our picks, add Xavier and another WR in 2nd, double dipping

Interesting.  I think Legette might make it to Round 2, and I would trade way up in the round to get him.  After hopefully landing Worthy in 1 under this scenario 

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

MHJ was just arrested with 30 lbs of meth, an M1 tank, and plans to blow up hoover dam

Maybe he will slide to us now.

Bengals will still take him. Mike Brown doesn't care. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The Bills have got to be among the 3 most likely teams to trade up for MHJ 

That doesn't sound like Beane though.  If he had it his way, I think he'd like to avoid any possible "what ifs" and go for a known entity.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he works something out for Justin Jefferson or Brandon Aiyuk.  

6 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well if you take Brandon at his word it seems like he wants a receiver that can play inside and outside Legette definitely does fit that so does Ladd Mckonkey who all but said in Kay Adams show that he's met with a the bills a few times already. 

Can you take him at his word? It would be unwise to totally telegraph your WR requirements before the draft? Everyone knows the Bills need to take a WR high now more than ever after the trade.

or is it reverse psychology?

7 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well if you take Brandon at his word it seems like he wants a receiver that can play inside and outside Legette definitely does fit that so does Ladd Mckonkey who all but said in Kay Adams show that he's met with a the bills a few times already. 

Troy Franklin also fits that mold.  More than the other prospects, Franklin shows an innate ability to find the soft spot in zones.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Can you take him at his word? It would be unwise to totally telegraph your WR requirements before the draft? Everyone knows the Bills need to take a WR high now more than ever after the trade.

or is it reverse psychology?

My gut tells me BB will acquire a vet WR before the draft. 

15 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

who is their QB?

28, 60, 2025 1st, 2nd, 2nd    that is a fair offer for #4  

Is it expensive? Absolutely.   Worth it?  Good chance.

Allen and MHJ could be the best tandem in the NFL for the next decade 

Why MIGHT Beane feel comfortable with it?  Gets us a legit franchise player & we have a lot of cap room to fill other positions over the next few years

Now, who knows...maybe Beane and Allen slightly prefer Nabers or even Odunze all things considered.

You might be able to keep pick 60 in a trade for #6  and toss in 128 and an additional 4th next year. Basically exactly the Julio Jones deal 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

18 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Maybe, I'm not so sure. Is there any team that has achieved major success pulling off a trade like for a non-QB player? 

When you're desperately trying to get younger, you need those picks. Who's to say you don't find a great WR with those 2 x 1st rounders & 2 x 2nd rounders? 

Even the Diggs to Buffalo trade showed how thar works. Vikings just replaced him with Jefferson, an even better WR. Same could even be said about the 2017 draft. We got Tre White out of it & a pick that helped us move up for Josh, but the Chiefs got Mahomes. 

Point is, we sound desperate right now, but a great player could be right there at all those spots if we just stay patient. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, boyst said:

I'm starting to wonder if having a slew of very good WR's is as important as to having a superstar with JAGs around him. 

The Cover1 film room has shown that Brady’s offense almost always spreads targets evenly. That would seem to align with your thinking - and perhaps a hint that we should not expect a blockbuster trade up.

I would still bet on a trade up, but not as high as folks might be thinking.

59 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Why MIGHT Beane feel comfortable with it?  Gets us a legit franchise player & we have a lot of cap room to fill other positions over the next few years

Now, who knows...maybe Beane and Allen slightly prefer Nabers or even Odunze all things considered.

You might be able to keep pick 60 in a trade for #6  and toss in 128 and an additional 4th next year. Basically exactly the Julio Jones deal 

I’m not sure if it is a good idea to sell the farm for MHJ or not, but I will say, if there is one guy in this draft worth doing it for is him.

I’m a big Ohio State fan. When we were recruiting MHJ I said to myself, “I don’t care what the rankings say. THIS is the #1 receiver in the class.” Size, athleticism, production, work ethic, hall of fame father… He became all I thought he would and more. He has all the tools, does EVERYTHING right, and works tirelessly to get better. He is money in the bank.

I don’t know if giving up what it would take works for the Bills, but if you want to have one of the top 3 receivers in the NFL on the roster for Josh to throw to… he’s sitting right there.

Edit: Actually… yes, I would do everything I could do to trade up and get MHJ. 2 1st rounders? Sure. Beane has such a mixed history of picking in round one. The only very good picks he has made, IMHO, is Allen and Kincaid. He had to pass on Mahomes to get Tre White. So yes, give up firsts and go get a super star.

Edited by NORWOODS FOOT

59 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

That is a disgusting amount to pay for a non QB.  And they may be the next great tandem or he could be the next Sammy Watkins.  

Your trade proposals are always so extreme and unrealistic.  There is 0% chance Beane is paying that for a WR in what is probably the deepest and richest WR draft in history.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/21/2024 at 10:15 PM, Dan in Owego said:

I heard on the dark web there is videos of him kicking puppies, and even worse things i don't dare mention🤐

Now we just need him to smoke marijuana and get into a DUI in the next 10 days or so. 

4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Maybe, I'm not so sure. Is there any team that has achieved major success pulling off a trade like for a non-QB player? 

When you're desperately trying to get younger, you need those picks. Who's to say you don't find a great WR with those 2 x 1st rounders & 2 x 2nd rounders? 

Even the Diggs to Buffalo trade showed how thar works. Vikings just replaced him with Jefferson, an even better WR. Same could even be said about the 2017 draft. We got Tre White out of it & a pick that helped us move up for Josh, but the Chiefs got Mahomes. 

Point is, we sound desperate right now, but a great player could be right there at all those spots if we just stay patient. 

So maybe the Falcons are a cautionary tale, maybe not.

After that Julio Jones trade, the Falcons still made the playoffs in his rookie year, losing the Wildcard.  But the next year, they only lost 3 games and made it to the NFC Championship game.

The problem is, they bottomed out the next 3 years not making the playoffs and winning 4, 6, and then 8 games before Ryan's MVP Season in 2016 and their SB loss.

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That is a disgusting amount to pay for a non QB.  And they may be the next great tandem or he could be the next Sammy Watkins.  

I think Sammy Watkins would have been a pretty good NFL WR if he had a QB.

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Your trade proposals are always so extreme and unrealistic.  There is 0% chance Beane is paying that for a WR in what is probably the deepest and richest WR draft in history.  

C'mon man... after yesterday I think everyone would have learned their lesson in speaking in such absolutes.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think Sammy Watkins would have been a pretty good NFL WR if he had a QB.

You mean like:

Goff, Mahomes, Rodgers, and Lamar?  

No offense, but not sure how else to respond to that.  Mahomes and Rodgers already first ballot HOFers, Lamar is 2 time and reigning MVP, and Goff made a SB and multiple NFCCG appearances.  

How many league MVPs does Sammy Watkins need to play with to reach his potential? 

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

C'mon man... after yesterday I think everyone would have learned their lesson in speaking in such absolutes.

Diggs not being traded was never an absolute, there was plenty of buzz about that possibility.  There is no chance Beane pays QB level draft trade compensation in the best WR draft maybe ever.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You mean like:

Goff, Mahomes, Rodgers, and Lamar?  

I mean…wow…not sure how else to respond to that.  Mahomes and Rodgers already first ballot HOFers, Lamar is 2 time and reigning MVP, and Goff made a SB and multiple NFCCG appearances.  

How many league MVPs does Sammy Watkins need to play with to reach his potential?  We know the answer isn’t 1, 2, or 3 because he played with 3 league MVPs, 2 of which are first ballot HOFers right now.  

Diggs trade was never an absolute, there was plenty of buzz about that possibility.  There is no chance Beane pays QB level draft trade compensation in the best WR draft maybe ever.  Never gonna happen, and if it does, Beane should immediately be on the hot seat and fired if it doesn’t work…and I absolutely love Beane, but I would fire him if that WR didn’t prove to be the best WR in the NFL, cuz even then it probably isn’t worth it still.  

Slight move up, stay put, maybe wr trade. 

Does Daboll see any value in Knox? I don’t think the Giants have a reliable TE (Waller hasn’t seemed to make an impact there). 

If he did, adding him to the trade could make it a more appealing trade, pick-cost wise. 

But that would help us too much lol

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

who is their QB?

Who are they going to take at QB with 6? Caleb Williams is going 1. Some combination of Drake Maye, Jayden Daniels, or J.J. McCarthy is going 2 and 3.

They'd either have to move up to 4 or 5 for the last of the 4. They'd have to beat out Minnesota, who has 2 1st's this year to do it. And if they can do that, then a.) they won't be at 6 to trade with and b.) Arizona or LA, who would also be expected to Draft one of the first two guys will.

And if they are of the mind that Penix and Nix are big time reaches at 6 (and they are) and are looking to move down to 28 with one of them in mind, there's not a guarantee the guy they'd want their would be available that low.

10 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

Does Daboll see any value in Knox? I don’t think the Giants have a reliable TE (Waller hasn’t seemed to make an impact there). 

If he did, adding him to the trade could make it a more appealing trade, pick-cost wise. 

But that would help us too much lol

Im not sending Knox after losing Diggs and Davis.  TE is a position of strength I would not weaken it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Im not sending Knox after losing Diggs and Davis.  TE is a position of strength I would not weaken it.

After I wrote it I remembered he took a pay cut for us. It would be crappy for us to turn around and trade him

8 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If the FO prefers Odunze over Harris or Nabers, they should be given their walking papers STAT…😉