Marvin Harrison Jr wants to be a Bill

2 minutes ago, julian said:

Is it ok to dream ? Are we allowed to imagine Allen/MHJ combo for the next ten years… or is some realist gonna come along and bash my skull in with the “club of reality”

you can think about whatever you want. It’s the freedom and right of all sentient beings.

One thing is certain….if KC pulled this and went way up to get him, this place would be trashing Beane for not doing it.

Instead they’ll bash you for even remotely considering the idea

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Wait for it….do you hear that?

it’s the sound of posters feverishly hitting their keyboard….

to lecture on why this would never happen and why no one should ever think about something they don’t want you thinking about

🤡

There would be a reasonable chance that if MHJ was a Bill, he’d be the best WR in franchise history & give us the firepower on offense to prevail in the post season.  

0.5 % of it actually happening.

I do expect us to trade up.  Likely between picks 16-23

Edited by Warriorspikes51

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

to lecture on why this would never happen and why no one should ever think about something they don’t want you thinking about

🤡

You can think whatever you like. The cost to move up would be prohibitive, assuming anyone that high up would be willing to trade down that far. He's likely going top 5, and certainly not much further out than that.

It's beyond ridiculously impossible trick shot billiards. I'd love to be able to dream up a semi-plausible scenario and have fun thinking about it. It's just not there. Buying a lottery ticket and treating it as an investment strategy isn't rational, and that probably has a higher chance of happening.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Let's just say Brandon Beane gets drugged hours before the draft.  This is what it took for the Falcons to move from 27 to 6 for reference.  Maybe it would require a 2025 2nd instead of a 4th.

176927500_10157612714776262_690259879453

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Let's just say Brandon Beane gets drugged hours before the draft.  This is what it took for the Falcons to move from 27 to 6 for reference.  Maybe it would require a 2025 2nd instead of a 4th.

Call me crazy but that seems worth it.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, psuscott16 said:

7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I’m down with this all day

4 minutes ago, psuscott16 said:

It was worth it.   He had a HOF career.   The Browns ended up with little to show for it.

Next years draft will have a lot of good receivers but nobody like Harrison.   I agree with @Doc Brown that this package probably doesn't get it done.   It would be a hard sell to a fan base having passed up on a player as famous as Marvin Harrison Jr.........who is basically presumed to be a HOF'er himself.    Probably the most vaunted non-QB son of a former HOF'er since Kellen Winslow Jr.  

14 minutes ago, psuscott16 said:

Screenshot2024-03-2212_19_24AM.thumb.png.281deeb1fc9c12c4870271768a084ba6.png

Screenshot2024-03-2212_18_51AM.thumb.png.5ff9a889332c2d8ddd8990a582c9ed0e.png

Careful what you wish for.  I'm not saying Harrison Jr. will be disappointing like Watkins but 2014 was also looked at as a WR rich draft with Watkins in a tier of his own.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, julian said:

Is it ok to dream ? Are we allowed to imagine Allen/MHJ combo for the next ten years… or is some realist gonna come along and bash my skull in with the “club of reality”

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Neegan

rick springfield twd GIF

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The most 1 sided trade in history.  Browns did nothing with those picks.

45 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

🤡

How'd Chris Jones, Derrick Henry, Mike Evans, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, DE Josh Allen, Khalil Mack/Joey Bosa, Christian Wilkins, Calvin Ridley, Courtland Sutton, and every other high priced or unlikely acquisition you posted about exclusively for months work out for you?

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It was worth it.   He had a HOF career.   The Browns ended up with little to show for it.

Next years draft will have a lot of good receivers but nobody like Harrison.   I agree with @Doc Brown that this package probably doesn't get it done.   It would be a hard sell to a fan base having passed up on a player as famous as Marvin Harrison Jr.........who is basically presumed to be a HOF'er himself.    Probably the most vaunted non-QB son of a former HOF'er since Kellen Winslow Jr.  

And how did Kellen Winslow Jr work out LOL

Honestly a great comparison

Both physical specimens... I'm not sure about where their head is at

Does Marvin Harrison Jr really love the game or is he just talented...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

The most 1 sided trade in history.  Browns did nothing with those picks.

A bit hyperbolic as the Herschel Walker trade alone pry led to three Cowboys Super Bowls in the 90's.  Also, that doesn't mean Atlanta wouldn't have used those picks they gave up effectively.