563 yards rushing

5 rushing TDs .

Jackson... 2-4 playoff record 

1,324 yards passing

6 touchdowns

6 interceptions

521 yards rushing

3 rushing TDs. 

Lamar, sadly, pretty much ensured (somehow) he will be in the HOF as a 2 time League MVP.

Josh (somehow) still has work he's gotta do to be considered.

Discuss...

• Angry 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We all know the problem isn't Josh. Its coaching and the rest of the team doesn't perform well in big moments Too many of our key players are no-shows in big games. Allen is one of the best QB's in the game, but he can't win a Super Bowl by himself. Football is still the ultimate team sport.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

They will both be in the HOF if they continue on their current trajectories for a little longer.  That is great Lamar has 2 MVP's, I dont care at all...t's a silly award and this year it could have gone to any number of players.  Josh has been great in the post season except the team as a whole is only 500.  Mahomes stats added.  The Bills can go 8-0 the next two post seasons and win two SB's and he will still be below Mahomes production.

Josh... 5-5 playoff record 

2,723 yards passing 

21 touchdowns

4 interceptions

563 yards rushing

5 rushing TDs .

1,324 yards passing

6 touchdowns

6 interceptions

521 yards rushing

3 rushing TDs. 

Mahomes 15-3 playoff record

5,135 yards,

41 TD's

8 INT's

524 yards rushing

5 rushing TD's

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Don't buy the premise that Lamar is guaranteed HoF. 

We have done the chat about why he was MVP and the rights and wrongs of that to death.

agreed.  this thread plows no new ground...

Why does anyone care about probowl, and MVP?  It's all media narrative driven Bull **** and has been for awhile now.

Troy Aikman never was MVP to the best of my knowledge, but has 3 superbowl rings and a Gold jacket.  I bet Josh hopes he has the same vs. An MVP. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

How about we raise that bar a bit.  Mahomes is the standard, not Lamar Jackson.  

Is he? Yes, he is great and is considered the best QB in the game. Big reason for that is his supporting cast steps up in big moments which is a big reason why they have 3 Super Bowl wins. If Allen got that same support the Bills probably have a Super Bowl win or two. Then there is Reid>>>>>>>>>>>>>>McDermott.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

36 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Too many of our key players are no-shows injured in big games

FIFY — if even just Bernard plays in that KC game the Bills might be holding the Lombardi.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

FIFY — if even just Bernard plays in that KC game the Bills might be holding the Lombardi.

Maybe. I still have doubts they win at Baltimore. McDermott's playoff road record 0-4. Jax, Hou, KC (2).

14 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Why does anyone care about probowl, and MVP?  It's all media narrative driven Bull **** and has been for awhile now.

Troy Aikman never was MVP to the best of my knowledge, but has 3 superbowl rings and a Gold jacket.  I bet Josh hopes he has the same vs. An MVP. 

Yes, you're 100% correct... but I can't help it. Lamar being a 2x MVP while Josh gets overlooked is the kind of grave injustice I feel on an existential level. It feels like I'm living in an upside-down reality surrounded by non-euclidean geometry and s---, everything's just out of whack.

***** man I don't even know what's real anymore! 😭

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Don't buy the premise that Lamar is guaranteed HoF. 

That's pretty much what all the talking heads are saying. And I was surprised to see how many of the talking heads had votes for MVP. I assume many are HOF voters too. 

55 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Well not right necessarily but consistent with normal practice that it is the QB of the #1 seed. 

And inconsistent with the normal practice of good/great stats. Which was why I thought a couple times over the last 10 years a #2 seed QB won it. 

13 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Yes 100%

If he is its close. Nobody can take anything away from the Chiefs. Five straight trips to the AFCCG, four Super Bowls in five years and winning 3 of them. The Chiefs are just a better team than the Bills with better coaching. One player can't win a Super Bowl by himself. If you look at Allen's playoff stats, he certainly has played well enough to win a championship. But the rest of team more specifically the defense hasn't. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

2,723 yards passing 

21 touchdowns

4 interceptions

563 yards rushing

5 rushing TDs .

1,324 yards passing

6 touchdowns

6 interceptions

521 yards rushing

3 rushing TDs. 

Lamar, sadly, pretty much ensured (somehow) he will be in the HOF as a 2 time League MVP.

Discuss...

Some players play their best when the lights and brightest and games are biggest and some don't.

51 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Is he? Yes, he is great and is considered the best QB in the game. Big reason for that is his supporting cast steps up in big moments which is a big reason why they have 3 Super Bowl wins. If Allen got that same support the Bills probably have a Super Bowl win or two. Then there is Reid>>>>>>>>>>>>>>McDermott.

Exchange the players, put Allen in KC with Reid and Mahomes in Buffalo with McDermott. I'd bet a whole bunch of money Allen/Reid wouldn't have missed a beat and KC would have still won 3 Super Bowls whereas I also bet the Bills with Mahomes/McDermott would have zero. 

Mahomes/Allen are that interchangable whereas Reid/McDermott are not.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

They will both be in the HOF if they continue on their current trajectories for a little longer.  That is great Lamar has 2 MVP's, I dont care at all...t's a silly award and this year it could have gone to any number of players.  Josh has been great in the post season except the team as a whole is only 500.  Mahomes stats added.  The Bills can go 8-0 the next two post seasons and win two SB's and he will still be below Mahomes production.

2,723 yards passing 

21 touchdowns

4 interceptions

563 yards rushing

5 rushing TDs .

1,324 yards passing

6 touchdowns

6 interceptions

521 yards rushing

3 rushing TDs. 

Mahomes 15-3 playoff record

5,135 yards,

41 TD's

8 INT's

524 yards rushing

5 rushing TD's

Only if you ignore rushing. Allen would double him up. And that’s part of Allen’s greatness. 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Yes 100%

Good, 17 has proven its a bar he can not only reach but surpass, as soon as the coaching and other skill positions catch up to him they’ll achieve the team success as well.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

In fairness 2015 was Tyrod's best year. Once teams had film he was less effective. But yea, nobody was calling him an MVP..... except @transplantbillsfan actually. He loved himself some Tyrodball. 

There is no doubt statistically Lamar is the weakest MVP in a long time.

The biggest irony of all. @transplantbillsfan/Cian Fahey were  telling us for years how great TyGod was, and now it’s a negative to be a better version of Tuh.

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

2,723 yards passing 

21 touchdowns

4 interceptions

563 yards rushing

5 rushing TDs .

1,324 yards passing

6 touchdowns

6 interceptions

521 yards rushing

3 rushing TDs. 

Discuss...

WOW!! Lamar is literally blowing Josh away! He has killer numbers in less games. 4 Less games. Crazy that he has put up thise stats in 6 games and Josh has taken 10 games to get to where he is. Josh has work to do! No wonder Lamar is MVP.

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

2,723 yards passing 

21 touchdowns

4 interceptions

563 yards rushing

5 rushing TDs .

1,324 yards passing

6 touchdowns

6 interceptions

521 yards rushing

3 rushing TDs. 

Discuss...

Just curious, what is the point of this?

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Yobogoya! said:

Yes, you're 100% correct... but I can't help it. Lamar being a 2x MVP while Josh gets overlooked is the kind of grave injustice I feel on an existential level. It feels like I'm living in an upside-down reality surrounded by non-euclidean geometry and s---, everything's just out of whack.

***** man I don't even know what's real anymore! 😭

I get it. I used to get caught up in that BS.  But this year should show every Bills fan it's jut not worth even talking about.  

100% media narrative and nothing more.  Superbowl champion is what Josh wants and needs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This year's MVP should have been CMC or Tyreek Hill.

Those guys are both "the most valuable player" because without them those teams go from amazing to just ok. 

Ravens strength was running and defense, and with Huntley at QB they can do 90% of what Lamar can do. 

There is nobody even close to a Tyreek Hill replacement or CMC replacement. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

The biggest reason for the accolades and superlatives is because Mahomes is that damn good.  

Outside of Kelce, he has rookies and JAGs and still gets it done.  

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I heard somewhere that over the past 4 years Josh has something like 73 more TD's than Lamar, which is an outrageous number even if Lamar didn't play a whole bunch of games. Being available is also very important, which Josh is.

Can you imagine if Lamar and Josh's numbers were reversed in that timeframe?  Lamar would have 4 MVP's by now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.