Another reason to fire McDermott

Watkins90

This whole Chiefs dynasty falls on one man and one man only, in hindsight. 

Sean McDermott

He is the one who traded the pick to KC that they used to take Mahomes because he "hadn't had time to study the QB class" even though his owner wanted Mahomes. 

I literally felt like he should have been fired last night for making us all endure this. If Mahomes comes to Buffalo in 2017, he never turns into the QB he did. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 12
  • Eyeroll 20
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Dislike 8

i'd rather have josh and not just because josh is better at the position than mahomes but because mahomes is a whinny entitled brat who needs his face punched repeatedly until he resembles an arbies 5 for $5.

if you want to blame mcd blame him for not being able to play basic defense.

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 9
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

So, McD should be fired for trading the Mahomes pick even though Mahomes wouldn't have been as good in Buffalo as he is in KC. 

I'm betting if that scenario played out your stance would be that McDermott should be fired because his handpicked QB in Mahomes wasn't progressing as quickly as that Josh Allen guy in Kansas City that keeps winning Super Bowls and he should have waited a year for the QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

So, McD should be fired for trading the Mahomes pick even though Mahomes wouldn't have been as good in Buffalo as he is in KC. 

I'm betting if that scenario played out your stance would be that McDermott should be fired because his handpicked QB in Mahomes wasn't progressing as quickly as that Josh Allen guy in Kansas City that keeps winning Super Bowls and he should have waited a year for the QB.

Mahomes under Reid learned the position and excelled. He is now able to play the game better than expected for 7 years under Reid and will forever be a great QB with or without Reid at this point.

I hope he leaves KC and Reid to show that he is a solid QB without Reid. Signs with someone like Denver to try to prove something.

I also hope his wife walks off a cliff, his brother gets a girlfriend in prison where he belongs, and Mahomes can have the freedom from his trash family that he deserves. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Of all the BS takes on this forum, the “Mahomes wouldn’t be a winner in Buffalo” is probably the worst.  An unprovable, baseless take.  Just so sick of seeing it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 7

I don’t know how anyone can watch that game last night and come away thinking Mahomes is why they won.

Both TD’s were wide open throws. I actually thought Mahomes looked fairly pedestrian.

Its too bad the 49er defensive player couldn’t hold on to the INT Mahomes threw to him that may have sealed the game in regulation.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 2

12 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Sean McDermott

He is the one who traded the pick to KC that they used to take Mahomes because he "hadn't had time to study the QB class" even though his owner wanted Mahomes. 

I literally felt like he should have been fired last night for making us all endure this. If Mahomes comes to Buffalo in 2017, he never turns into the QB he did. 

I will never understand the fire McDermott people.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

It’s pointed out many-a-time but the irony behind the whole Chiefs dynasty and us not being able to get past them is that we traded them our pick which they used to draft Mahomes with…

Not just ironic. Poetically ironic. Just like being unable to beat them when it matters… It’s no one’s fault but our own. 

🤦‍♂️

Edited by BBFL

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Of all the BS takes on this forum, the “Mahomes wouldn’t be a winner in Buffalo” is probably the worst.  An unprovable, baseless take.  Just so sick of seeing it.

I agree. I'm a believer that winning comes from within. The internal drive to get better and be the best. Mahomes has that. I'm no Mahomes apologist by any means but simply chalking up his progress and performance to "well he has Andy" is a discredit to the player he is. 

That being said, it HELPS that he's put in a good position to be successful. And it's beneficial that he's had the same voice in his ear for his entire career. But Pat still has to execute the plays. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You want Terry to fire his head coach because of a decision seven years ago that the owner ultimately signed off on?

Yes it was probably the worst trade in NFL history but it’s too late to fire someone over it.

The Cowboys and Vikings say hi 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Mahomes would have zero Super Bowl championships and zero Super Bowl appearances if he were drafted by the Bills. Allen isn't the reason the Bills can't get to the Super Bowl. McDermott isn't in the same league as Reid as far as head coaches go. The Bills defense gets destroyed in big spots against good offenses with good/great QB's. The Chiefs defense can step up in big moments. They prove it time and time again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

The Cowboys and Vikings say hi 

Not even close.  Trading the greatest QB of his generation to your conference rival - when you also needed a QB - blows the Walker trade away in terms of stupidity.

Just now, Gregg said:

Mahomes would have zero Super Bowl championships and zero Super Bowl appearances if he were drafted by the Bills. Allen isn't the reason the Bills can't get to the Super Bowl. McDermott isn't in the same league as Reid as far as head coaches go. The Bills defense gets destroyed in big spots against good offenses with good/great QB's. The Chiefs defense can step up in big moments. They prove it time and time again.

Horrible take.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Not even close.  Trading the greatest QB of his generation to your conference rival - when you also needed a QB - blows the Walker trade away in terms of stupidity.

Horrible take.

Disagree. Mahomes has better coaches and players who step up in big moments with KC. With Buffalo he wouldn't have that. You put Allen on the Chiefs and Mahomes on the Bills then its Allen who has the championships. While the QB is the most important position it is still a team sport. Also, KC has much better special teams then the Bills. I still say Mahomes would have no championships if he was a Bill.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You want Terry to fire his head coach because of a decision seven years ago that the owner ultimately signed off on?

Yes it was probably the worst trade in NFL history but it’s too late to fire someone over it.

Trey Lance says what's up.

• Vomit 1

33 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Sean McDermott

literally? I really wish people would stop using this word all the time.

Edited by nucci

28 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Agreed and agreed. They should fire him for other reasons. :);) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Good news for you! It's also unprovable that he would have been successful here!

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Sean McDermott

We can't win it with Josh Allen. What makes you think Mahomes would? It takes a team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

32 minutes ago, boyst said:

i'd rather have josh and not just because josh is better at the position than mahomes but because mahomes is a whinny entitled brat who needs his fast punched repeatedly until he resembles an arbies 5 for $5.

if you want to blame mcd blame him for not being able to play basic defense.

It’s not even about Pat. I would hate his family being in the bills stadium week in and week out. Jackson in particular sucks. And Brittany thinks she’s hot crap when she’s really a steaming pile of dung. 

If Josh were paired with Reid, arguably the greatest offensive mind ever, the roles would be reversed. I really wished we could have gotten Harbaugh in here because I think he would have been perfect for Josh. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

My biggest problem with that trade is we only got a 3rd and a single future 1st to let KC move up from 27 all the way into the top 10

KC was already a perennial playoff team, so the expected return on that future 1st you have to assume is going to be pick 20+

To let them move up that far for that package just never sat well with me, even before Mahomes became a superstar.

Edited by Yobogoya!
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

It’s not even about Pat. I would hate his family being in the bills stadium week in and week out. Jackson in particular sucks. And Brittany thinks she’s hot crap when she’s really a steaming pile of dung. 

If Josh were paired with Reid, arguably the greatest offensive mind ever, the roles would be reversed. I really wished we could have gotten Harbaugh in here because I think he would have been perfect for Josh. 

Harbaugh is as big of trash as the Mahomes family.

• Agree 2

The Chiefs are just a very well run organization and it goes beyond Mahomes.  Kelce and Chris Jones are unicorns and the Chiefs just keep drafting really well.  Meanwhile the Bills have Allen and a bunch of good but not great players.  Bills need difference makers.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Andy Reid should have thanked McDermott on the podium after each of their Super Bowl victories.

McDermott did an outstanding job helping the Chiefs create their dynasty while at the same time being a thorn in our side.

As I mentioned in another post, if Brandon Bean did not pull out all of the stops to get Josh and if Josh had not developed the way he has, McDermott would have been fired a long time ago and would be remembered as the guy who traded the pick so that the Chiefs could draft Mahomes.

McDermott should be VERY thankful that Josh is on the team.

• Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I will never understand the fire McDermott people.

I oscillate with McD.

I think he is a good person and man, and has built a strong culture. I also think we can do a lot worse than him.

But there is no question in my mind that he has limited us in certain games.

In fact, Shanahan made some head scratching decisions last night that remind me of the type of decisions that McDermott tends to make that has cost us games.

Blunders like:

- Wanting the ball first in OT, which gives you little strategic advantage. You always want to know what you need and by getting the ball second, you know what you need. Some will argue that the potential third possession is why you take the ball first, but that puts you into a corner where you lose an entire down (4th) on your drive. Even if the 49ers scored a TD, KC would have just scored a TD and went for the 2 point conversion to win it. No third possession was coming

- Not adjusting to the Chiefs pressure on 3rd downs. The Chiefs were bringing pressure on nearly every third down and the 49ers still looked shocked by it in the 4th quarter and OT. 

- Abandoning Christian McCaffrey for a quarter and a half.

These are the types of mistakes McD tends to make and it doesn’t seem to ever be changing.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Horrible take.

The Vikings got very little from Walker, meanwhile the cowboys got a couple of hall of famers, a couple of pro bowlers, and 3 super bowls as a result of that trade. While the Bills Obviously haven’t won, they have arguably the 2nd best QB in the league and they got a CB who was an all pro when he was healthy. You’re right that the trades aren’t even close, but not I. The way you’re thinking 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I oscillate with McD.

I think he is a good person and man, and has built a strong culture. I also think we can do a lot worse than him.

In fact, Shanahan made some head scratching decisions last night that remind me of the type of decisions that McDermott tends to make that has cost us games.

Blunders like:

- Wanting the ball first in OT, which gives you little strategic advantage. You always want to know what you need and by getting the ball second, you know what you need. Some will argue that the potential third possession is why you take the ball first, but that puts you into a corner where you lose an entire down (4th) on your drive. Even if the 49ers scored a TD, KC would have just scored a TD and went for the 2 point conversion to win it. No third possession was coming

- Not adjusting to the Chiefs pressure on 3rd downs. The Chiefs were bringing pressure on nearly every third down and the 49ers still looked shocked by it in the 4th quarter and OT. 

These are the types of mistakes McD tends to make and it doesn’t seem to ever be changing.

My biggest issue with McDermott is he hasn’t got it done. 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Horrible take.

Mike Ditka traded his entire draft for a running back who only played 4 seasons with them 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, juno999 said:

The Chiefs are just a very well run organization and it goes beyond Mahomes.  Kelce and Chris Jones are unicorns and the Chiefs just keep drafting really well.  Meanwhile the Bills have Allen and a bunch of good but not great players.  Bills need difference makers.

The Bills put far more of a premium on character and work ethic than the Chiefs do. Which is ironic when you consider some of the controversy we've had (araiza, miller, etc).

But the Chiefs will take a guy no matter their background if they can play at a high level. Pats would always do the same.

And I'm not necessarily advocating for stockpiling scumbags, but it makes you wonder if we can win it all the "process" way.

11 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Every Chiefs game for the last 4-5 years I swear you'd think the offensive staff/players had never seen a single snap of film on Spags' defense.

Even in the biggest games at the highest level, he routinely makes these offenses look wildly unprepared for it. It's crazy. And it's even wilder to think he's already flamed out as a head coach, so chances are good he's not going anywhere any time soon either.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I oscillate with McD.

Blunders like:

Your 3rd down part is the coaching point that’s overlooked. Chiefs were 1-5 on 3rd down @ Buffalo a few weeks ago… Their failed 3rd downs resulted in 2 FGs, a punt and a Knee to end the game. 

They had 8 drives. You only got them into a 3rd down 5 times… Buffalo were x3 that @ 14 3rd downs. 

The running absence from the 2nd to late 3rd is the biggest point but that zero blitz in OT by Wilks was a huge WTF also. Like we had with Josh for that period of time, same we saw with Brady and Manning recently and now Mahomes… When you all out blitz bad things happen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.