Jump to content

Another reason to fire McDermott


Watkins90

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You want Terry to fire his head coach because of a decision seven years ago that the owner ultimately signed off on?

 

Yes it was probably the worst trade in NFL history but it’s too late to fire someone over it.

 

Trey Lance says what's up.

  • Vomit 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

This whole Chiefs dynasty falls on one man and one man only, in hindsight. 

Sean McDermott

 

He is the one who traded the pick to KC that they used to take Mahomes because he "hadn't had time to study the QB class" even though his owner wanted Mahomes. 

 

I literally felt like he should have been fired last night for making us all endure this. If Mahomes comes to Buffalo in 2017, he never turns into the QB he did. 

literally? I really wish people would stop using this word all the time.

Edited by nucci
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You want Terry to fire his head coach because of a decision seven years ago that the owner ultimately signed off on?

 

Yes it was probably the worst trade in NFL history but it’s too late to fire someone over it.

Agreed and agreed. They should fire him for other reasons. :);) 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:


Of all the BS takes on this forum, the “Mahomes wouldn’t be a winner in Buffalo” is probably the worst.  An unprovable, baseless take.  Just so sick of seeing it.

Good news for you! It's also unprovable that he would have been successful here!

 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

This whole Chiefs dynasty falls on one man and one man only, in hindsight. 

Sean McDermott

 

He is the one who traded the pick to KC that they used to take Mahomes because he "hadn't had time to study the QB class" even though his owner wanted Mahomes. 

 

I literally felt like he should have been fired last night for making us all endure this. If Mahomes comes to Buffalo in 2017, he never turns into the QB he did. 

 

We can't win it with Josh Allen. What makes you think Mahomes would? It takes a team.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, boyst said:

i'd rather have josh and not just because josh is better at the position than mahomes but because mahomes is a whinny entitled brat who needs his fast punched repeatedly until he resembles an arbies 5 for $5.

 

if you want to blame mcd blame him for not being able to play basic defense.

It’s not even about Pat. I would hate his family being in the bills stadium week in and week out. Jackson in particular sucks. And Brittany thinks she’s hot crap when she’s really a steaming pile of dung. 
 

If Josh were paired with Reid, arguably the greatest offensive mind ever, the roles would be reversed. I really wished we could have gotten Harbaugh in here because I think he would have been perfect for Josh. 

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My biggest problem with that trade is we only got a 3rd and a single future 1st to let KC move up from 27 all the way into the top 10

 

KC was already a perennial playoff team, so the expected return on that future 1st you have to assume is going to be pick 20+

 

To let them move up that far for that package just never sat well with me, even before Mahomes became a superstar.

Edited by Yobogoya!
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

It’s not even about Pat. I would hate his family being in the bills stadium week in and week out. Jackson in particular sucks. And Brittany thinks she’s hot crap when she’s really a steaming pile of dung. 
 

If Josh were paired with Reid, arguably the greatest offensive mind ever, the roles would be reversed. I really wished we could have gotten Harbaugh in here because I think he would have been perfect for Josh. 

Harbaugh is as big of trash as the Mahomes family.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Chiefs are just a very well run organization and it goes beyond Mahomes.  Kelce and Chris Jones are unicorns and the Chiefs just keep drafting really well.  Meanwhile the Bills have Allen and a bunch of good but not great players.  Bills need difference makers.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Andy Reid should have thanked McDermott on the podium after each of their Super Bowl victories.

 

McDermott did an outstanding job helping the Chiefs create their dynasty while at the same time being a thorn in our side.

 

As I mentioned in another post, if Brandon Bean did not pull out all of the stops to get Josh and if Josh had not developed the way he has, McDermott would have been fired a long time ago and would be remembered as the guy who traded the pick so that the Chiefs could draft Mahomes.

 

McDermott should be VERY thankful that Josh is on the team.

  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I will never understand the fire McDermott people.

 

I oscillate with McD.

 

I think he is a good person and man, and has built a strong culture. I also think we can do a lot worse than him.

 

But there is no question in my mind that he has limited us in certain games.

 

In fact, Shanahan made some head scratching decisions last night that remind me of the type of decisions that McDermott tends to make that has cost us games.

 

Blunders like:

 

- Wanting the ball first in OT, which gives you little strategic advantage. You always want to know what you need and by getting the ball second, you know what you need. Some will argue that the potential third possession is why you take the ball first, but that puts you into a corner where you lose an entire down (4th) on your drive. Even if the 49ers scored a TD, KC would have just scored a TD and went for the 2 point conversion to win it. No third possession was coming

 

- Not adjusting to the Chiefs pressure on 3rd downs. The Chiefs were bringing pressure on nearly every third down and the 49ers still looked shocked by it in the 4th quarter and OT. 

 

- Abandoning Christian McCaffrey for a quarter and a half.

 

These are the types of mistakes McD tends to make and it doesn’t seem to ever be changing.

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:


Not even close.  Trading the greatest QB of his generation to your conference rival - when you also needed a QB - blows the Walker trade away in terms of stupidity.


Horrible take.

The Vikings got very little from Walker, meanwhile the cowboys got a couple of hall of famers, a couple of pro bowlers, and 3 super bowls as a result of that trade. While the Bills Obviously haven’t won, they have arguably the 2nd best QB in the league and they got a CB who was an all pro when he was healthy. You’re right that the trades aren’t even close, but not I. The way you’re thinking 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

 

I oscillate with McD.

 

I think he is a good person and man, and has built a strong culture. I also think we can do a lot worse than him.

 

But there is no question in my mind that he has limited us in certain games.

 

In fact, Shanahan made some head scratching decisions last night that remind me of the type of decisions that McDermott tends to make that has cost us games.

 

Blunders like:

 

- Wanting the ball first in OT, which gives you little strategic advantage. You always want to know what you need and by getting the ball second, you know what you need. Some will argue that the potential third possession is why you take the ball first, but that puts you into a corner where you lose an entire down (4th) on your drive. Even if the 49ers scored a TD, KC would have just scored a TD and went for the 2 point conversion to win it. No third possession was coming

 

- Not adjusting to the Chiefs pressure on 3rd downs. The Chiefs were bringing pressure on nearly every third down and the 49ers still looked shocked by it in the 4th quarter and OT. 

 

- Abandoning Christian McCaffrey for a quarter and a half.

 

These are the types of mistakes McD tends to make and it doesn’t seem to ever be changing.

My biggest issue with McDermott is he hasn’t got it done. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:


Not even close.  Trading the greatest QB of his generation to your conference rival - when you also needed a QB - blows the Walker trade away in terms of stupidity.


Horrible take.


Mike Ditka traded his entire draft for a running back who only played 4 seasons with them 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, juno999 said:

The Chiefs are just a very well run organization and it goes beyond Mahomes.  Kelce and Chris Jones are unicorns and the Chiefs just keep drafting really well.  Meanwhile the Bills have Allen and a bunch of good but not great players.  Bills need difference makers.

 

The Bills put far more of a premium on character and work ethic than the Chiefs do. Which is ironic when you consider some of the controversy we've had (araiza, miller, etc).

 

But the Chiefs will take a guy no matter their background if they can play at a high level. Pats would always do the same.

 

And I'm not necessarily advocating for stockpiling scumbags, but it makes you wonder if we can win it all the "process" way.

11 minutes ago, Einstein said:

- Not adjusting to the Chiefs pressure on 3rd downs. The Chiefs were bringing pressure on nearly every third down and the 49ers still looked shocked by it in the 4th quarter and OT.

 

Every Chiefs game for the last 4-5 years I swear you'd think the offensive staff/players had never seen a single snap of film on Spags' defense.

 

Even in the biggest games at the highest level, he routinely makes these offenses look wildly unprepared for it. It's crazy. And it's even wilder to think he's already flamed out as a head coach, so chances are good he's not going anywhere any time soon either.

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

 

I oscillate with McD.

 

I think he is a good person and man, and has built a strong culture. I also think we can do a lot worse than him.

 

But there is no question in my mind that he has limited us in certain games.

 

In fact, Shanahan made some head scratching decisions last night that remind me of the type of decisions that McDermott tends to make that has cost us games.

 

Blunders like:

 

- Wanting the ball first in OT, which gives you little strategic advantage. You always want to know what you need and by getting the ball second, you know what you need. Some will argue that the potential third possession is why you take the ball first, but that puts you into a corner where you lose an entire down (4th) on your drive. Even if the 49ers scored a TD, KC would have just scored a TD and went for the 2 point conversion to win it. No third possession was coming

 

- Not adjusting to the Chiefs pressure on 3rd downs. The Chiefs were bringing pressure on nearly every third down and the 49ers still looked shocked by it in the 4th quarter and OT. 

 

- Abandoning Christian McCaffrey for a quarter and a half.

 

These are the types of mistakes McD tends to make and it doesn’t seem to ever be changing.


 

Your 3rd down part is the coaching point that’s overlooked. Chiefs were 1-5 on 3rd down @ Buffalo a few weeks ago… Their failed 3rd downs resulted in 2 FGs, a punt and a Knee to end the game. 

They had 8 drives. You only got them into a 3rd down 5 times… Buffalo were x3 that @ 14 3rd downs. 
 

 

The running absence from the 2nd to late 3rd is the biggest point but that zero blitz in OT by Wilks was a huge WTF also. Like we had with Josh for that period of time, same we saw with Brady and Manning recently and now Mahomes… When you all out blitz bad things happen. 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...