Jump to content

Another reason to fire McDermott


Watkins90

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

Bills got Josh the next year so that can't be the worst trade ever.  Because the 49ers lucked into Purdy doesn't negate the fact that the Lance trade was terrible:  3 1sts and a 3rd to make that one 1st round pick for an absolute (predictable) bust. That's an awful decision, no matter what followed.

 

lol it "actually" has??

 

So Mahomes with this staff and roster wins multiple SBs....where Josh has not?  How about you swap  Joe Brady/Dorsey/Daboll  for Reid.

 

 

These takes are nuts.

 

 

It’s not about having Mahomes on this roster lol, it’s about giving him to the Chiefs.

 

You all love to talk about hypothetical roster swaps. I’m talking about giving a guy away who has sent us packing 3/4 years in the postseason. 
 

And yes, it’s a fact that Mahomes on the Chiefs has directly impacted our ability to win a Super Bowl. I can post the games box scores if you’d like.

  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You want Terry to fire his head coach because of a decision seven years ago that the owner ultimately signed off on?

 

Yes it was probably the worst trade in NFL history but it’s too late to fire someone over it.

I was looking over that draft recently. The Jets took Jamal Adams at 6 overall when their Qbs were Josh McCown, Bryce Petty and Christain Hackenburg

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It’s not about having Mahomes on this roster lol, it’s about giving him to the Chiefs.

 

You all love to talk about hypothetical roster swaps. I’m talking about giving a guy away who has sent us packing 3/4 years in the postseason. 
 

And yes, it’s a fact that Mahomes on the Chiefs has directly impacted our ability to win a Super Bowl. I can post the games box scores if you’d like.

 

Unless you are convinced that the Bills were taking Mahomes at 27 (and that he would still be there), then the Bills didn't "give" the Chiefs Mahomes.  

 

They traded the pick and ended up with Tre White, (ultimately) Edmunds, Dawkins, Zay Jones and Neal.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Buffalo was just incredibly unfortunate that Rapp and Benard got hurt when they did.  They play the defense gets a few more stops and probably win.  Buffalo is 4th in Superbowl odds for a reason.  Mcdermott is a part of that.  Watching teams that on Buffalos best day would beat is a tough pill to swallow.  Though that same thought is why I am optimistic for next season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

Unless you are convinced that the Bills were taking Mahomes at 27 (and that he would still be there), then the Bills didn't "give" the Chiefs Mahomes.  

 

They traded the pick and ended up with Tre White, (ultimately) Edmunds, Dawkins, Zay Jones and Neal.

 

 

The Bills traded pick #10 to the Chiefs who selected Mahomes. If they didn’t do that, there’s no guarantee that Mahomes is a Chief today. 
 

It’s great that we got Tre, Dawkins, Zay Jones (lol), Edmunds (lol) and Neal (lol). When does the parade start? 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The Bills traded pick #10 to the Chiefs who selected Mahomes. If they didn’t do that, there’s no guarantee that Mahomes is a Chief today. 
 

It’s great that we got Tre, Dawkins, Zay Jones (lol), Edmunds (lol) and Neal (lol). When does the parade start? 

Trade Allen for Mahomes does what exactly? Qb is not the reason Buffalo hasn't won a Superbowl in the last 4 years.  

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

I don’t know how anyone can watch that game last night and come away thinking Mahomes is why they won.

 

Both TD’s were wide open throws. I actually thought Mahomes looked fairly pedestrian.

 

Its too bad the 49er defensive player couldn’t hold on to the INT Mahomes threw to him that may have sealed the game in regulation.

Or if Bosa doesnt get faked out twice and loses contain on the QB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Trade Allen for Mahomes does what exactly? Qb is not the reason Buffalo hasn't won a Superbowl in the last 4 years.  

QB’s who have beaten Allen in the playoffs in the last 4 seasons:

 

Mahomes 

Mahomes 

Burrow
Mahomes

 

QB’a who have won the Superbowl in the last 4 seasons:

 

Brady 

Stafford

Mahomes

Mahomes

 

Yeah, I’m thinking Patrick Mahomes might kinda be a reason we haven’t won a Superbowl yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Very good post but the last sentence is debatable. It might however ring true, in that McDermott would have drafted cornerbacks for Mahomes instead of receivers.

Of course McDermott will always emphasize defense over offense.  It's what's in his blood. The problem is none of the defensive players his GM has drafted since 2018 have been elite or dominant.  It wasn't until last year when Sean panicked and realized he better start drafting offense around Josh.  Too little, too late dude.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think Mahomes is this dominant in Buffalo.  

 

I think he's Josh Allen in Buffalo right now, but maybe we win a Super Bowl because he's a bit more consistent in the regular season and we wouldn't have to deal with the Mahomes/Reid pairing.. but what if Reid got Allen?  Because I think Allen would be just as dominant in KC.

 

I type all of that to say, that I think we have the QB.  I think Mahomes is Allen in Buffalo, and we already have Allen. 

 

After last night I just feel hopeless because whether it's coaching, clutch-gene, luck, supporting cast around the QB etc., they are just better than us every year when it matters.  

 

With McDermott coming back and KC in better cap position than us, what changes?  

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

QB’s who have beaten Allen in the playoffs in the last 4 seasons:

 

Mahomes 

Mahomes 

Burrow
Mahomes

 

QB’a who have won the Superbowl in the last 4 seasons:

 

Brady 

Stafford

Mahomes

Mahomes

 

Yeah, I’m thinking Patrick Mahomes might kinda be a reason we haven’t won a Superbowl yet.

No one's fault but our own.  How cruel and ironic will it be that the Bills handed the Chiefs Mahomes on a silver platter.  

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This revisionist history is getting ridiculous there is no guarantee with Brian Daboll , Rick Dennison, or Ken Dorsey running the show that Patrick would get where he is…my goodness Josh has played with some rough coordinators.

Thing is the very next year cause of Nick Chubb Josh isn’t a Denver Bronco right now and the Bills don’t have the “right Josh” and McDermott and Beane have already been fired for drafting him. 
 

So step back and realize no one knew about Patrick in that draft. Just like the Denver Broncos didn’t realize what they passed on when they passed on Josh Allen.

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don't think Mahomes is this dominant in Buffalo.  

 

I think he's Josh Allen in Buffalo right now, but maybe we win a Super Bowl because he's a bit more consistent in the regular season and we wouldn't have to deal with the Mahomes/Reid pairing.. but what if Reid got Allen?  Because I think Allen would be just as dominant in KC.

 

I type all of that to say, that I think we have the QB.  I think Mahomes is Allen in Buffalo, and we already have Allen. 

 

After last night I just feel hopeless because whether it's coaching, clutch-gene, luck, supporting cast around the QB etc., they are just better than us every year when it matters.  

 

With McDermott coming back and KC in better cap position than us, what changes?  

 

Alot will depend on how well Beane does in the draft. If some of his picks can play a significant role for the 2024 season. Like Will Anderson Jr did for the Texans or Puka Nacua with the Rams. Even in our division how JD got Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall in the same draft. I doubt the Bills will be major players in FA with their cap situation, so they better have a really good draft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

This whole Chiefs dynasty falls on one man and one man only, in hindsight. 

Sean McDermott

 

He is the one who traded the pick to KC that they used to take Mahomes because he "hadn't had time to study the QB class" even though his owner wanted Mahomes. 

 

I literally felt like he should have been fired last night for making us all endure this. If Mahomes comes to Buffalo in 2017, he never turns into the QB he did. 

The real fault for the Mahomes trade is that the Pegulas didn't fire Whaley in January of 2017 and immediately replace him.  What that meant is that McDermott was really in no position to draft a QB and tie the hands of the next GM, saddling him with a QB he didn't draft.  If the Bills had hired Beane or someone else in January, they would have had enough time to give the new management time to scout the QB class of 2017 instead of waiting for the class of 2018.  Instead, McDermott had to deal with being the de facto GM & when KC called, McDermott liked the idea of loading up on draft picks for what at the time was looked at as a loaded QB class.  As it is, we created the monster in KC, but on the other hand we also got the best player in the 2018 draft.  Still all things considered, it would have been better not giving KC the chance to draft Mahomes.  However, if the Bills don't make the trade, chances are pretty good that another team would have, since Houston was able to trade for Watson at pick 12.  The only way to have stopped KC from getting Mahomes would have been for the Bills to draft Mahomes themselves, something the GM situation precluded.  

Also anyone who thinks Mahomes wouldn't be as good with the Bills just needs to look at how well Josh was developed under Daboll.  

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, FireChans said:

QB’s who have beaten Allen in the playoffs in the last 4 seasons:

 

Mahomes 

Mahomes 

Burrow
Mahomes

 

QB’a who have won the Superbowl in the last 4 seasons:

 

Brady 

Stafford

Mahomes

Mahomes

 

Yeah, I’m thinking Patrick Mahomes might kinda be a reason we haven’t won a Superbowl yet.

Team sport.  The marginal improvement at Qb does not make up for the defense and special teams blunders.  These games are not Allen Mahomes 1 on 1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Team sport.  The marginal improvement at Qb does not make up for the defense and special teams blunders.  These games are not Allen Mahomes 1 on 1.

We would beat KC every year (honestly they probably wouldn’t even meet us in the postseason) if they didn’t have Mahomes at QB. Despite it being a team sport, we gave them the GOAT at the most important position. 

 

Edited by FireChans
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...