Tua expected to sign an extension with Miami this offseason, per Schefter

Roundybout

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

We Bills Fans have become quarterback snobs, haven'y we? We are slamming Tua as if he is garbage and while he is not an elite qb, he is more than twice as good as anything we had between the years of 1997 and 2017. 

I mean we are looking back at JP Losman, Trent Edwards, a finished Drew Bledsoe, Tyrod Taylor, Fitz, Rob Johnson, Todd Collins and Doug Flutie (who may have been the best of this sorry bunch).

Looking back at that sad list, in those days we would have welcomed Tua, no?

Statistically, sure.  Then again, Bledsoe was second in the league in passing yards in 2002.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

People hating on Tua are silly.  Dude is a great QB.  But then again some of you literally hate the Bills. 

Tua is a good QB and an even better human being.  His offensive skill players are pretty much all elite…his OL not so much.  There’s nothing about his play over the last 4 years which leads me to believe he is or will be a “great” QB.  

• Agree 3

8 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

We Bills Fans have become quarterback snobs, haven't we? We are slamming Tua as if he is garbage and while he is not an elite qb, he is more than twice as good as anything we had between the years of 1997 and 2017. 

I mean we are looking back at JP Losman, Trent Edwards, a finished Drew Bledsoe, Tyrod Taylor, Fitz, Rob Johnson, Todd Collins and Doug Flutie (who may have been the best of this sorry bunch).

Looking back at that sad list, in those days we would have welcomed Tua, no?

If he’s twice as good as Fitz, why was he benched for……….Fitz?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/3/2024 at 6:33 PM, nedboy7 said:

People hating on Tua are silly.  Dude is a great QB.  But then again some of you literally hate the Bills. 

"Great" is over stating it I think.

He is a descent/good QB.

But I don't think he's good enough to consistently compete with josh, Mahomes, burrow etc 

It does matter if he’s good, great, or elite. Any QB that is competent will get paid. I don’t think he deserves it, but it a QB driven league. If he doesn’t come out as the highest paid QB, he should fire his agent. 

15 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

It does matter if he’s good, great, or elite. Any QB that is competent will get paid. I don’t think he deserves it, but it a QB driven league. If he doesn’t come out as the highest paid QB, he should fire his agent. 

Exactly. Brock Freaking Purdy is about to get PAID. Thankfully the Bills are at least paying someone who deserves the dough, relatively speaking. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Exactly. Brock Freaking Purdy is about to get PAID. Thankfully the Bills are at least paying someone who deserves the dough, relatively speaking. 

He’s represented by Athletes First, who he changed to about 1 year ago. These are the same people who bagged Deshawn Watson’s fully guaranteed contract. 

12 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Its starting to make it harder despite him being good enough to carry a team 

we are totally out of our easiest path to a ring unfortunately - though still have a window open

Josh's contract is an asset.  Contracts for guys like Von, White, and Diggs are the issue.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Billl said:

Josh's contract is an asset.  Contracts for guys like Von, White, and Diggs are the issue.

oh we are blessed to have him and I’m not complaining but it’s without question that we could field a higher quality 52 around him 2-3 years ago.

if we hit on a WR, or pass rusher suddenly - we get that 50m perk back 

10 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

How many "great" QBs do you think there are in the NFL currently?

Allen

Mahomes

Burrow

Everyone else is a step below

3 hours ago, Low Positive said:

Purdy is really really good. He is in an amazing system with some great players, but he is a big reason why they are in the the Super Bowl. Shanny finally found the guy he’s been searching for

On 2/4/2024 at 1:34 PM, Bermuda Triangle said:

How many "great" QBs do you think there are in the NFL currently?

Imo, two or three max, Mahomes, Allen, and some other loser…,

On 2/4/2024 at 8:50 PM, Low Positive said:

Deserves? Purdy has his team one win away from a SB championship, yet Allen(who has yet to participate in a SB) deserves to be paid, but not Purdy?

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Deserves? Purdy has his team one win away from a SB championship, yet Allen(who has yet to participate in a SB) deserves to be paid, but not Purdy?

SF has a better coach. Better offensive players around Purdy with CMC, Deebo, Kittle. Better defense. The Lions got to them early, but SF adjusted and controlled the game late. Bottom line Josh has to be the man for the Bills to win. Purdy doesn't despite the fact that he has played well. 

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

SF has a better coach. Better offensive players around Purdy with CMC, Deebo, Kittle. Better defense. The Lions got to them early, but SF adjusted and controlled the game late. Bottom line Josh has to be the man for the Bills to win. Purdy doesn't despite the fact that he has played well. 

Doesn’t mean he should not be paid among the elite…$40-50 mil.  

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Doesn’t mean he should not be paid among the elite…$40-50 mil.  

True. The Giants gave Jones that big contract, so it won't surprise me when he also gets paid. He is a good QB, but I don't think he is elite. 

27 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Lamar a true MVP.

Kyler Murray is also no bueno 

21 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Lamar is so good that he was a free agent and received ZERO offers. He's a good runner though...for now

But he caught his own pass!!! 

(ignore that Marcus Mariota did that like eight years ago)

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/4/2024 at 1:09 PM, BillsFan130 said:

I will almost guarantee he gets more. The cap goes up every year, so that's just the way it works.

He will probably get 45-48 per year if I were to guess.

Term/guarantees will Be the big numbers to look at though

Yes, good point

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Lamar is so good that he was a free agent and received ZERO offers. He's a good runner though...for now

He was franchise tagged, so yeah, most franchise tags don't receive offers.

2 minutes ago, cle23 said:

He was franchise tagged, so yeah, most franchise tags don't receive offers.

Non-exclusive tag which means he was free to negotiate with other teams. There were zero teams interested 

I posted an article from The Ringer on this forum not long ago that came to two very convincing conclusions, which it backed up with data and charts and everything:

1.) Generally speaking, the later it gets in a game, the worse Tua plays. 

2.) Generally speaking, the later it gets in the season, the worse Tua plays.

So me, personally? I'm fully on board with the Dolphins giving big money to Tua. He's a very good -- borderline elite -- September and October quarterback. Once Thanksgiving hits and onward, he folds. 

He's just good enough to give you hope, and just bad enough to repeatedly break your heart.

Give him all the money. Sign him for all the years. I'm here for it.

Just now, Logic said:

I posted an article from The Ringer on this forum not long ago that came to two very convincing conclusions, which it backed up with data and charts and everything:

1.) Generally speaking, the later it gets in a game, the worse Tua plays. 

2.) Generally speaking, the later it gets in the season, the worse Tua plays.

So me, personally? I'm fully on board with the Dolphins giving big money to Tua. He's a very good -- borderline elite -- September and October quarterback. Once Thanksgiving hits and onward, he folds. 

He's just good enough to give you hope, and just bad enough to repeatedly break your heart.

Give him all the money. Sign him for all the years. I'm here for it.

Word was that he was a little banged up by the end of the season, which makes sense. He's a smaller bodied QB, and running that offense relies on having his track star WRs also totally healthy. 

Inevitably, one or both of those WRs will get dinged up, miss games or just be a little bit slower, and the entire system stops working. 

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Non-exclusive tag which means he was free to negotiate with other teams. There were zero teams interested 

But the negotiating team would have had to cough up the big $$$ contract AND give the Ravens two 1st Round picks. For Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, and possibly Herbert teams would do that. For Jackson, whom most execs already understand his limitations, not so much. 

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, H2o said:

But the negotiating team would have had to cough up the big $$$ contract AND give the Ravens two 1st Round picks. For Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, and possibly Herbert teams would do that. For Jackson, whom most execs already understand his limitations, not so much. 

But he's the MVP right? How can he not be worth it? Teams should be dying to get a QB like that. Unless...he's not that good

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Because it costs a team 2 1st round picks on top of the massive contract.  

7 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Kyler Murray is also no bueno 

But he caught his own pass!!! 

(ignore that Marcus Mariota did that like eight years ago)

Also Mariota scored on his own pass, I remember because my friend were here doing a fantasy fantasy league style bet on that weekend and they argued about how to score it.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, cle23 said:

A small price to pay for the best player and MVP of the entire NFL. The Dolphins gave up that for Tyreek Hill

10 minutes ago, cle23 said:

I think thats worth it for a franchise QB.

Like if we are in the drought years, I would have been thrilled to do that for a QB like Lamar.

But the reason teams were scared off was because Lamar was looking for fully guaranteed money and no owner/gm was going to trade those assets and give him the fully guaranteed deal