Josh Allen Documentary - Right Place, Wrong Time

JPL7

Synopsis : “Josh Allen is one of the most talented, prolific, and high-profile players at the quarterback position, let alone in the NFL, yet for years the Super Bowl aspirations of the Buffalo Bills are dashed upon the rocks of Patrick Mahomes in the playoffs. The window is closing…”

Edited by JPL7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Winning super bowls will come down to ownership and management maintaining a high level of commitment to winning a title and some luck, Allen has already shown to be an all time playoff performer and it’s up to the team around him to pull their own weight.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 2

This ***** is silly and I’m going to comment without even watching the video. Total respect for Mahomes as a player. Without him that team is nothing. But he also has had incredible HOF talent around him…Reid, Hill, Kelce. It’s frustrating for sure that the time we finally rise with an all world qb…there is another on the same time line. Allen v Mahomes is the modern day manning vs Brady. Sucks for sure we are on the manning side but we all know what eventually happens. Just one. That’s all any of us need.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Well seeing as how the NFL chooses its superbowl winners before the season starts....maybe they throw us a bone and give us one.

So, you think the NFL is rigged. Then why in hell would you follow the sport?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, JPL7 said:

Synopsis : “Josh Allen is one of the most talented, prolific, and high-profile players at the quarterback position, let alone in the NFL, yet for years the Super Bowl aspirations of the Buffalo Bills are dashed upon the rocks of Patrick Mahomes in the playoffs. The window is closing…”

I don't need to watch it,  I knew they dropped the ball by not selecting Mahomes in 2017.    THAT team and THIS franchise passing on a QB in that draft was preposterous.  The excuse that they needed more than 4 months to evaluate a QB class(:rolleyes:) was the first of many ridiculous excuses made by McBeane.

The Mahomes hype in summer of 2017 was huge.....his lone start backed up the hype......and by the time he went off in the opener of the 2018 season I could already envision our new young QB perennially being 2 steps behind even if he turned out to be as great as his athletic ceiling.

The reason I thought that far ahead was because the Chiefs had been eating the Bills lunch since Reid arrived.    They dealt some critical blows to the playoff hopes of Marrone and Rex teams that were about equally talented.   They outmaneuvered the Bills for Alex Smith.    They were a problem and as big a rival to me as anyone outside of NE.   But for most Bills fans they were just another team on the schedule.    I was very irritated to hand them a QB........with a below market value trade no less........when we were so desperate for our own QB.

When Allen was just playing like a wild man with mixed results in 2018 and Mahomes was being the most prolific passing first year QB I was already figuring "best case" scenario was that Allen could be Jim Kelly to Mahomes' Dan Marino.   Marino had excellent individual and team success at the beginning but 5-6 years in Kelly started winning the majority of their matchups because of a better roster and the Bills team surpassed Miami.

Allen held up his part of the bargain by improving quickly............Beane just proved to be to much of a work in progress as a GM and never was able to out-personnel the Chiefs.

As I've said before though.........it was wishful thinking that the Bills organization could go from decades of dysfunction and terrible stewardship and suddenly hit on the perfect GM and HC and QB combination all at once.     I like Beane and think he could actually eventually live up to the BS "wizard" hype he got early on.........but it's entirely possible that his best work won't line up perfect with the prime of JA17.    

The lesson is that sometimes the initial moves a regime makes can be the most impactful.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

If I was the owner i would say look Mc Dum Dum, i'm gonna give you a gm and youre gonna puppet him, you get a running game and defense, win with this qb.  case closed.

So now you not only feel that James Cook should be replaced as RB1, you think Beane should be fired, and Sean McDermott should be HC and GM?!

Holy hell man.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

So now you not only feel that James Cook should be replaced as RB1, you think Beane should be fired, and Sean McDermott should be HC and GM?!

Holy hell man.

hey, i'm the owner and youre a fan forever.  keep watchin.  Mc dumass isnt the problem

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Watched it, and it was definitely a nice editing job, and nicely done.

It doesn’t really get in to offering any reasons why Allen (really should be focusing on McDummy more) can't get over the hump, and get to the SB.

In here, the posters have offered up many reasons why this is so, while this video just sort of intimates that because of some magic spell Mahomes has, he always beats Allen.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I mean, you're clearly not Terry Pegula because none of these ideas you have are happening (or even remotely based on reality).

right, cause Terry Pegula hasnt watched as much football as i have.. i wonder if you've ever seen Earl Cambell run.  One of his thighs is bigger than your beloved Cook

12 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

right, cause Terry Pegula hasnt watched as much football as i have.. i wonder if you've ever seen Earl Cambell run.  One of his thighs is bigger than your beloved Cook

Earl Campbell? Who around the league looks like Earl Campbell, save for King Henry and Leonard Fournette - who are both between having lost a step or toast?

Earl Campbell wouldn't be half the RB he was then today. You're stuck in the past. You don't see Jack Lambert smoking cigarettes on the sidelines today. Nor do you see RB's with 4.6 speed rolling down the field and mowing everyone in their path over on the regular. Those days are gone.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Earl Campbell? Who around the league looks like Earl Campbell, save for King Henry and Leonard Fournette - who are both between having lost a step or toast?

Earl Campbell wouldn't be half the RB he was then today. You're stuck in the past. You don't see Jack Lambert smoking cigarettes on the sidelines today. Nor do you see RB's with 4.6 speed rolling down the field and mowing everyone in their path over on the regular. Those days are gone.

Nobody is a give it and go type back anymore, but some guys would still do just fine. Among the bruisers he's the most likely to be in that category. Tackling that much condensed muscle would hurt regardless of the era. 

1 minute ago, Mikie2times said:

Nobody is a give it and go type back anymore, but some guys would still do just fine. Among the bruisers he's the most likely to be in that category. Tackling that much condensed muscle would hurt regardless of the era. 

Oh I don't doubt Campbell could still be a decent RB in today's day and age. But the legendary, every down, impossible to tackle, destroyer of men's souls that he was back then? No way.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

Oh I don't doubt Campbell could still be a decent RB in today's day and age. But the legendary, every down, impossible to tackle, destroyer of men's souls that he was back then? No way.

Ya, Henry is about as close as we can get to that type nowadays. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, zevo said:

This ***** is silly and I’m going to comment without even watching the video. Total respect for Mahomes as a player. Without him that team is nothing. But he also has had incredible HOF talent around him…Reid, Hill, Kelce. It’s frustrating for sure that the time we finally rise with an all world qb…there is another on the same time line. Allen v Mahomes is the modern day manning vs Brady. Sucks for sure we are on the manning side but we all know what eventually happens. Just one. That’s all any of us need.

Hill is long gone--back to back SB appearances without him.  Kelce is having his worst year since 2015.

Had the Bears taken Mahomes instead of Trubisky, there would be no talk of Reid and the HOF.

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, zevo said:

That's the point of the video, Mahomes has talents and leadership around him, while Allen is stuck. 

I don’t care what anyone says, if Josh Allen doesn’t win a title, it’s due to mismanagement of the franchise. Mahomes is a major roadblock to winning it all, but he won’t be in the Super Bowl every year for the rest of his career. Other teams will represent the AFC at various times. If it’s never Josh Allen, it means we’ve made some major mistakes. 

• Agree 7

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't need to watch it,  I knew they dropped the ball by not selecting Mahomes in 2017.    THAT team and THIS franchise passing on a QB in that draft was preposterous.  The excuse that they needed more than 4 months to evaluate a QB class(:rolleyes:) was the first of many ridiculous excuses made by McBeane.

The Mahomes hype in summer of 2017 was huge.....his lone start backed up the hype......and by the time he went off in the opener of the 2018 season I could already envision our new young QB perennially being 2 steps behind even if he turned out to be as great as his athletic ceiling.

The reason I thought that far ahead was because the Chiefs had been eating the Bills lunch since Reid arrived.    They dealt some critical blows to the playoff hopes of Marrone and Rex teams that were about equally talented.   They outmaneuvered the Bills for Alex Smith.    They were a problem and as big a rival to me as anyone outside of NE.   But for most Bills fans they were just another team on the schedule.    I was very irritated to hand them a QB........with a below market value trade no less........when we were so desperate for our own QB.

When Allen was just playing like a wild man with mixed results in 2018 and Mahomes was being the most prolific passing first year QB I was already figuring "best case" scenario was that Allen could be Jim Kelly to Mahomes' Dan Marino.   Marino had excellent individual and team success at the beginning but 5-6 years in Kelly started winning the majority of their matchups because of a better roster and the Bills team surpassed Miami.

Allen held up his part of the bargain by improving quickly............Beane just proved to be to much of a work in progress as a GM and never was able to out-personnel the Chiefs.

As I've said before though.........it was wishful thinking that the Bills organization could go from decades of dysfunction and terrible stewardship and suddenly hit on the perfect GM and HC and QB combination all at once.     I like Beane and think he could actually eventually live up to the BS "wizard" hype he got early on.........but it's entirely possible that his best work won't line up perfect with the prime of JA17.    

The lesson is that sometimes the initial moves a regime makes can be the most impactful.

:lol:

epic

• Like (+1) 1

I can't even imagine what today's "sports media" would say what about Marino, Kelly, Elway, Moon, Cunningham, if they were all playing today....."worst quarterbacks ever!"  I guarantee it.  It's nonsense but that's the name of the game today.....Spout nonsense, get clicks.

20 hours ago, JPL7 said:

“The window is closing” 😂 dudes not even 28 yet

• Disagree 2

It's genuinely hilarious and entirely absurd that the conversation is apparently "Allen hasn't won a Super Bowl in his first 5 years in the league. He's doomed and so are the Bills."

Really almost not even worth engaging with such clickbait.

19 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Our luck is maddening sometimes.

Mahomes had a lot of buzz going into the 2017 Draft. There were questions though. He was a late riser after a wild workout and good interviews. At that time, being a Texas Tech QB was like wearing a Scarlet Letter. Many had come through that system and put up wild numbers and then not translated to the NFL level. 

I think McDermott and Beane's professional courtesy to Doug Whaley and Tyrod Taylor did us in. There's no way McDermott came in not knowing Beane was going to be coming with him. But rather than immediately take him on, they decided to let Whaley and his staff see through all the work they put in for 10 months. But they weren't going to select the QB of the future without Beane fully at the helm. 

And I think McDermott knew Taylor wasn't the guy. But for building goodwill in the locker room, he wanted to give him a year rather than come in and clean house. Maybe he even felt that there was a slight chance Taylor could grow under different coaching.

There was also a thought at the time of the 2017 Draft that the 2018 Draft had much better QB's and an all time class.

I remember thinking when we made the trade "with our luck, Mahomes will be a Franchise QB and the guy we take next year will bust". Luckily, our selection would turn into a most likely Future HOF'er. But, unbelievably, the guy we gave to the Chiefs would not only turn out to be a Franchise QB - but maybe the greatest QB of all time 🤦

I used to take solace in the fact that they got Mahomes and we got ammo that turned into Allen, White, and Edmunds. But then Edmunds left and White is destroyed.

Still - it's hard to cry over Josh Allen. Who knows if Mahomes would have became the same guy under this regime and supporting cast as he did under Andy Reid.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

What a crock of sht.

I don’t think for one second if we had drafted Mahomes that we’d have a Super Bowl. 

Except for his first experience against Houston, Josh has been MONEY in the playoffs. The guy has played more than well enough to win.

it’s the coaching and his teammates that have failed him. I think Mahomes is a better QB, but Allen is a better QB/leader for Buffalo.

Mahomes has had near HOF talent around him since day 1. Reid is the best play caller in football, Kelce is a phenom, Diggs disappeared.  Chris Jones shows up in the playoffs where Ed Oliver is MIA against KC. Trent Sherfield drops multiple bombs while MVS catches the game clinching bomb after dropping everything previous to that. 

It’s up to Beane and McD to surround Allen with the talent to put them over the top. Can they do it? IDK. But they are close. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Our luck is maddening sometimes.

Mahomes had a lot of buzz going into the 2017 Draft. There were questions though. He was a late riser after a wild workout and good interviews. At that time, being a Texas Tech QB was like wearing a Scarlet Letter. Many had come through that system and put up wild numbers and then not translated to the NFL level. 

I think McDermott and Beane's professional courtesy to Doug Whaley and Tyrod Taylor did us in. There's no way McDermott came in not knowing Beane was going to be coming with him. But rather than immediately take him on, they decided to let Whaley and his staff see through all the work they put in for 10 months. But they weren't going to select the QB of the future without Beane fully at the helm. 

And I think McDermott knew Taylor wasn't the guy. But for building goodwill in the locker room, he wanted to give him a year rather than come in and clean house. Maybe he even felt that there was a slight chance Taylor could grow under different coaching.

There was also a thought at the time of the 2017 Draft that the 2018 Draft had much better QB's and an all time class.

I remember thinking when we made the trade "with our luck, Mahomes will be a Franchise QB and the guy we take next year will bust". Luckily, our selection would turn into a most likely Future HOF'er. But, unbelievably, the guy we gave to the Chiefs would not only turn out to be a Franchise QB - but maybe the greatest QB of all time 🤦

I used to take solace in the fact that they got Mahomes and we got ammo that turned into Allen, White, and Edmunds. But then Edmunds left and White is destroyed.

Still - it's hard to cry over Josh Allen. Who knows if Mahomes would have became the same guy under this regime and supporting cast as he did under Andy Reid.

There is no doubt in my mind if we swapped just QBs with the Chiefs during Allen and Mahomes era, Josh Allen would have multiple Super Bowls and Mahomes wouldn't have any.  I do not look for that to change until McDermott is gone

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.