9 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

😈

Diggs

Brian Thomas Jr 

Shakir 

Xavier Legette

Hollywood Brown

CHOO CHOO  WR TRAIN ALL ABOARD

This is realistic. Just hope Brian Thomas falls to us at # 28. Here is another realistic lineup if those guys aren’t there In the draft for us and is equally good.

Diggs

Troy Franklin

Shakir

Malachi Corley

Hollywood Brown

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If Brian Thomas Jr makes it to pick 16 for Seattle, Beane should strongly consider moving up to jump ahead of Miami and other WR needy teams 

That would be a pricey trade.  Not saying it is or isn’t worth it, but it will cost at least their 2nd this year.

Everyone is going to hate this take but.... trade up as high as we can to get the best guy.  Push all the chips in.    We need an amazing WR.  90% of this roster is Super Bowl ready.  We jut need a super star opposite S Diggs.  White and Miller will be back to form.. the Defense is good enough.  We have a slot guy, RB and TE....  The O-line is decent.... Barnard with M. Milanio will be amazing.  

Go all in and get the absolute best WR.  There rest is just a depth draft. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Iraq Vet said:

Everyone is going to hate this take but.... trade up as high as we can to get the best guy.  Push all the chips in.    We need an amazing WR.  90% of this roster is Super Bowl ready.  We jut need a super star opposite S Diggs.  White and Miller will be back to form.. the Defense is good enough.  We have a slot guy, RB and TE....  The O-line is decent.... Barnard with M. Milanio will be amazing.  

Get me Malik Nabers if he falls for any reason! Do the reverse Mahomes trade, KC sent us a 1st & 3rd plus next year's first to move up for Mahomes. If Malik's there at #9 or 10, I'd offer the same exact thing and pray someone takes it. Then draft another WR in R2 or a couple on day 3. Hammer the position, we gotta get it right and this year's WR class is stacked up top AND it's deep. It's the last thing standing in our way, and we have chips to play. Play them!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Definitely true. 

I agree on the Ravens as well. Almost every year it feels like I look at the entire classes at the end of draft weekend and think "man the Ravens crushed it again." They stick to the board and they pick the best football player. It is actually startlingly simple. They don't over complicate it. 

💯 

23 minutes ago, Iraq Vet said:

Actually it’s not.  The Bills also need starters at safety, Edge and DT.   Last year they picked up two starters, Kincaid and Torrence in the first two rounds drafting in a similar slot.  This year they will have to do the same given our cap problems.  

Add the depth in the WR class and the Bills actually may be better off trading down a few slots in the 1st to recover a 3rd pick to replace the one traded for Douglas.  

With 4 top 100 picks, the Bills should be able to add starters at WR and Safety with their first two picks, and then two defensive linemen in the 3rd.

Also given our cap issues, get cheap depth through the draft is also imperative.  With 2 5ths and 3 6ths, Beane should be able to add depth at WR, RB, S and maybe even a developmental QB.  

Don’t forget the Nucua was a 5th rd pick last year and Purdy was the last pick in the draft.  Beane has an excellent history later in the draft.

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Watching Legettes tape I don’t see a 4.3 guy, more like 4.5. In an ideal world we get size speed and separation, and that is Brian Thomas. Troy Franklin would be a nice fit as well. 

Apparently he measured at 6’1 at the Senior Bowl. Major difference from 6’3.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If Brian Thomas Jr makes it to pick 16 for Seattle, Beane should strongly consider moving up to jump ahead of Miami and other WR needy teams 

Since when did Miami become a "WR needy team"?  I can't think of a team less likely to draft a WR in round 1.

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think I'm on board with this. I don't think the price to move up to the 15-20 range is crazy and I think Thomas is closer to the top 3 WRs than he is to the guys that will be available at our current slot.

I know YardsPerPass on Twitter has been saying he thinks Beane will move into the top 10 to get Nabers/Odunze. I will understand the rationale if that happens, but that will be a very high price.

31 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think I'm on board with this. I don't think the price to move up to the 15-20 range is crazy and I think Thomas is closer to the top 3 WRs than he is to the guys that will be available at our current slot.

I know YardsPerPass on Twitter has been saying he thinks Beane will move into the top 10 to get Nabers/Odunze. I will understand the rationale if that happens, but that will be a very high price.

Beane said he traded with MIN for Diggs because he didn’t believe the team could get high enough to select one of the top 3 WRs (Lamb, Jeudy, and Ruggs). With that first rounder the Vikings picked Justin Jefferson and would have him on a cost controlled rookie contract for at least 4 years.

I’ve said it before but it bears repeating: if trading up guaranteed you’d be getting a superior talent in comparison to what you could get later, I’d be all for it, but that’s not at all how the NFL draft works. Why people, including Beane, have such a fascination with moving up and losing out on other potential contributors I’ll never understand. Picking the right guy is what matters, NOT where he’s picked. With that said, trade up for the QB if you absolutely believe in him, understandable because he plays the most important position in sports. But for any other position? “That’s a no from me, dawg.” I’ll throw up if Beane trades into the top 10 for a WR, especially considering how this team needs a bevy of good talent on cheap, cost controlled contracts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Brand J said:

Beane said he traded with MIN for Diggs because he didn’t believe the team could get high enough to select one of the top 3 WRs (Lamb, Jeudy, and Ruggs). With that first rounder the Vikings picked Justin Jefferson and would have him on a cost controlled rookie contract for at least 4 years.

I’ve said it before but it bears repeating: if trading up guaranteed you’d be getting a superior talent in comparison to what you could get later, I’d be all for it, but that’s not at all how the NFL draft works. Why people, including Beane, have such a fascination with moving up and losing out on other potential contributors I’ll never understand. Picking the right guy is what matters, NOT where he’s picked. With that said, trade up for the QB if you absolutely believe in him, understandable because he plays the most important position in sports. But for any other position? “That’s a no from me, dawg.” I’ll throw up if Beane trades into the top 10 for a WR, especially considering how this team needs a bevy of good talent on cheap, cost controlled contracts. 

This guy did a pretty deep dive on value in the NFL draft.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

This guy did a pretty deep dive on value in the NFL draft.

On the longer end, but definitely a good watch. Notable quotes:

“If you sacrifice for players now, it probably won’t work out for you, but if you sacrifice for the future, the future is likely to be bright.” 

“Teams make irrational decisions all the time.”

”The likelihood of a player at any position being better than the one selected after him is 52%, essentially a coin flip.”

What he says about NFL GMs makes complete sense, they’re antsy and make terrible trades to move up because they don’t have an eye on a future they may not be a part of. Everything is done for the “now.” Despite all the evidence we have of how moving up for players probably isn’t worth the risk, the same idiotic decisions are made every year. What CAR gave up for Bryce Young was criminal. Stockpiling 1-5 picks and/or selecting where I’m slotted would be my practice every year as GM. If I have to leave the room until the pick comes up to resist the temptation to trade up, so be it. 

10 minutes ago, KentuckyBillsFan said:

Do you all think we need to add a RB through the draft? If so, what round(ish)?

Need?  No.  I would consider it 3rd and after.  A bigger back with some juice.  

21 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Need?  No.  I would consider it 3rd and after.  A bigger back with some juice.  

I like Ray Davis from Kentucky and Marshawn Lloyd from USC. Probably round 4 backs. Doubt Beane will spend that type of draft capital on a RB even though I think Cook needs a complimentary back. I like Ty Johnson but I'd like to bring in a rookie to stabilize that position for the next few years.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, KentuckyBillsFan said:

I like Ray Davis from Kentucky and Marshawn Lloyd from USC. Probably round 4 backs. Doubt Beane will spend that type of draft capital on a RB even though I think Cook needs a complimentary back. I like Ty Johnson but I'd like to bring in a rookie to stabilize that position for the next few years.

I like Davis too.  Idk depends on how everything falls. They have 2 backs on the roster.  A cost controlled young back imo makes alot of sense.  I think any point on day 3 its in play. 

1 hour ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Thats not enough to move 18 spots....I don't think its even close to enough.

Ok, do whatever it takes.  This and next years first, plus any player not named Allen or Milano.  I don’t want 4-5th best WR.  Speed, size, separation and don’t forget doggishness with get us a Lombardi.  We can’t stay at 28.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

23 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Ok, do whatever it takes.  This and next years first, plus any player not named Allen or Milano.  I don’t want 4-5th best WR.  Speed, size, separation and don’t forget doggishness with get us a Lombardi.  We can’t stay at 28.

The big problem with a trade up for one of the top 3 receivers is there is no landing spot. If as expected the top 3 all take Quarterbacks the next 3 all have needs at receiver. I think 3 QBs plus 3 WRs is the likely top 6. So there is no route to get one of those guys. 

If, as @DCOrange for example does, you think Thomas is closer to the top 3 than the next batch (I don't personally I think he is in that second tier but some do) then there is a route to get to 13/14/15 for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If, as @DCOrange for example does, you think Thomas is closer to the top 3 than the next batch (I don't personally I think he is in that second tier but some do) then there is a route to get to 13/14/15 for him. 

Giving up this years and next years 2nd might get it done … I think that’s a lot to hope the 4th best guy works out better than the 6th best … I would rather increase the odds by keeping the picks and taking 2 more WRs 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Watching Legettes tape I don’t see a 4.3 guy, more like 4.5. In an ideal world we get size speed and separation, and that is Brian Thomas. Troy Franklin would be a nice fit as well. 

I think Leggette's 40 could disappoint those thinking he's running in the 4.3s. My guess is low to mid-4.4s at best. His field/ play speed is probably very fast and frankly I would think that's more important than his 40 time but he is a long strider who needs a few steps to max out. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Dude, love the passion but, I don’t think it really matters. 

To do what you’re saying, The Bills would HAVE to offer Allen or Milano….maybe Oliver(doubt it though)commands a higher trade value. Beyond that, the Bills ain’t getting chit for anyone else. 

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Actually it’s not.  The Bills also need starters at safety, Edge and DT.   Last year they picked up two starters, Kincaid and Torrence in the first two rounds drafting in a similar slot.  This year they will have to do the same given our cap problems.  

Add the depth in the WR class and the Bills actually may be better off trading down a few slots in the 1st to recover a 3rd pick to replace the one traded for Douglas.  

With 4 top 100 picks, the Bills should be able to add starters at WR and Safety with their first two picks, and then two defensive linemen in the 3rd.

Also given our cap issues, get cheap depth through the draft is also imperative.  With 2 5ths and 3 6ths, Beane should be able to add depth at WR, RB, S and maybe even a developmental QB.  

Don’t forget the Nucua was a 5th rd pick last year and Purdy was the last pick in the draft.  Beane has an excellent history later in the draft.

I'd take a squad full of Shaq Lawsons and Taylor Rapps at DE & S if it meant we stacked the WR cupboard instead. Would have held KC to the same point total but put up 50 on the other side so who care

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The big problem with a trade up for one of the top 3 receivers is there is no landing spot. If as expected the top 3 all take Quarterbacks the next 3 all have needs at receiver. I think 3 QBs plus 3 WRs is the likely top 6. So there is no route to get one of those guys. 

And if god forbid New England goes Harrison instead of QB (which is what I think they should do), then it's even tougher to imagine Nabers/Odunze slipping far enough for us to have a real chance. Probably have to pray guys like Bowers or the OTs go ahead of the WRs.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

And if god forbid New England goes Harrison instead of QB (which is what I think they should do), then it's even tougher to imagine Nabers/Odunze slipping far enough for us to have a real chance. Probably have to pray guys like Bowers or the OTs go ahead of the WRs.

Yea to trade up for the top 3 I think you'd have to have to have one left on the board at #8. Cos the Falcons are the first team I can genuinely imagine wanting to move back.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, mannc said:

Since when did Miami become a "WR needy team"?  I can't think of a team less likely to draft a WR in round 1.

He was mocked to Miami by Jeremiah or Bucky Brooks forget which one 

11 hours ago, Pete said:

Im guessing Beane signs 2 WR before draft.  Kendrick Bourne is a name to keep an eye on.  He seperates, is a deep threat, and will be a moderately price WR with upside

I thought Bourne got in trouble? Was that someone else? 

41 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think Pats go QB (JD) and Tee Higgins in FA. But I do agree MHJ is hard to pass on.

On 1/27/2024 at 1:42 PM, Brand J said:

Do NOT trade up. Whoever we take, I can just about guarantee a guy will go later who will be just as good or better. Happens every draft.

THANK YOU.  I harp on this all the time around here.  It is straight up "WRONG" to trade up, unless you are going way up to get the franchise QB of your dreams...then I'd give up half the team to move up and get that guy...

I love how people post those "thumbs down" and what not under your post...as though they know better. LOL.

Have all the Bills fans already forgotten Sammy Watkins and the 2014 draft?

Gave up a LOT of assets to move up to 4, to take a bust of a WR who was much worse than what we could have gotten  further down, including some stiff named Beckham, Jr.

Aaron Donald was also available for us at our original spot of 9 before the move up!

LOL.  Obviously, the "scouting" process leaves quite a lot to be desired.

The fundamental flaw with moving "UP" is it assumes the guy you take at that higher spot is somehow a higher value player.

The rankings are absolute; most of them are WRONG.

So you are moving up on a guess as to who you think should being top value.

Much smarter to always TRADE DOWN and get more picks.

Those guys might be just as good or better anyway.

More kicks at the can is a superior strategy when you don't really have an ability to accurately grade talent.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I love how people post those "thumbs down" and what not under your post...as though they know better. LOL.

Thumbs down or red crosses but no counter argument … it’s just “you are wrong”…. I mean … we are still 10 weeks out from the draft …combine and free agency to come …lot of things will change

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I think Pats go QB (JD) and Tee Higgins in FA. But I do agree MHJ is hard to pass on.

Not sure about Higgins but I do expect them to take whichever is left over between Maye and Daniels at #3. I personally have Daniels as a 4th round prospect and have JJ as my #3 QB with a 2nd round grade, so that's really why I'd go Harrison in their shoes (on top of the fact that Harrison is an elite WR prospect).

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Not sure about Higgins but I do expect them to take whichever is left over between Maye and Daniels at #3. I personally have Daniels as a 4th round prospect and have JJ as my #3 QB with a 2nd round grade, so that's really why I'd go Harrison in their shoes (on top of the fact that Harrison is an elite WR prospect).

That's why we want them to take Daniels.