2024 WR Draft Class

13 minutes ago, Success said:

It would be kind of fun if we went all in and traded up for MHJ.

It would cost the entire draft plus next year's first and second. Even that might not get it done.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Success said:

It would be kind of fun if we went all in and traded up for MHJ.

Not really…the Bills’ history with that sort of move is truly awful, and is still being felt today.

54 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

We should package Knox and Jackson along with our first to move into top 10 to nab a difference maker WR.

Jackson is a FA.  And we’d be lucky to get 2-3 spots

Edited by NewEra

For me the realistic targets for us are these guys in this order. I’d be very happy with these guys. 

1. Brian Thomas Jr. - LSU

2. Troy Franklin - Oregon

3. Xavier Legette - South Carolina

4. Xavier Worthy - Texas 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

58 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

If a team traded for Knox … we would have to be the ones throwing in a pick to get them to bite on that contract…

Dane Jackson is not under contract in any event  … but has very limited trade value …

Moving beyond say Pick 23-24 is a bit of a pipe dream .. and even doing that would cost their third round pick …

There must be some combo to get into top 10 to get WR.  A CB, Ty, and a 3rd.  Any suggestions?? The only untouchables are Milano and JA17.  I think Beane will make it happen.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

There must be some combo to get into top 10 to get WR.  A CB, Ty, and a 3rd.  Any suggestions?? The only untouchables are Milano and JA17.  I think Beane will make it happen.

Ty? As in Ty Johnson?? You think he’s getting you into the top 10? The only player the Bills have that would get them into the top 10 is Josh. Bills have no shot of getting into the top 10-it would cost too many picks just to get a WR

Edited by Ya Digg?
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

It would require giving up future first round picks which I don’t see them doing,,,

Moving up from the  bottom of the first into the Top 10 is an expensive undertaking … Beane has moved up a measly two spots the last two years and that cost them a fourth … like I said maybe their third moves them up four spots … keep the second for another swing somewhere else or even double up at WR …

• Like (+1) 1

We have 3 6th round picks, and most likely those guys (and our 7th) do not make the team. Package them for say a 3rd.  The QUALITY of picks has to be great this year, the draft picks need to contribute very quickly. We need a WR to compete for #2 immediately and there may be guys in this draft that can do that.

Who though?  This is where I need to see Beane stay at 28 or move a couple of spots up and knock it out of the park at WR as he did with Kincaid. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

We have 3 6th round picks, and most likely those guys (and our 7th) do not make the team. Package them for say a 3rd.  The QUALITY of picks has to be great this year, the draft picks need to contribute very quickly. We need a WR to compete for #2 immediately and there may be guys in this draft that can do that.

Who though?  This is where I need to see Beane stay at 28 or move a couple of spots up and knock it out of the park at WR as he did with Kincaid. 

3 6th round picks wont get a third ,,,

Are you familiar with a draft chart ?

Here is an example of one that values the Bills three 6th round picks for a top of the 5th…

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=Buf

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

3 6th round picks wont get a third ,,,

Are you familiar with a draft chart ?

Here is an example of one that values the Bills three 6th round picks for a top of the 5th…

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=Buf

Good point, I haven't looked at the chart, thanks.  Heck, maybe a 4th at best.  I dunno at this point, just spitballing.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoonerBillsFan said:

Good point, I haven't looked at the chart, thanks.  Heck, maybe a 4th at best.  I dunno at this point, just spitballing.  

I hear you bro… they need to get creative somehow … my thoughts are that other than moving up in the first a few spots for a WR if there is one they are in love with .. I’d be happy for them to take some shots with those Day 3 picks … they are losing 20 free agents this year so these guys can make the team this season …obviously they will be backups but cheap at least ….

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Not happening.  Move on

• Agree 2