2024 WR Draft Class

I personally like Odunze a lot. Bit of a UW fan though, so I might be a bit biased. Great hands and size. Good dude too. He’ll be out of reach though unless we move up. Haven’t had a chance to study everyone yet. 

Edited by Maynard
  • Agree 1

At 28 the Bills are likely to have the opportunity to draft one of the premier boundary X receiver prospects with the desired traits. In my view more than one will be available there and the question will be which one to take assuming that's the direction the braintrust wants to go in. Thomas, Adonai Mitchell, Franklin, Leggett amongst the blue chip prospects could very well all be there. Some of those guys have already been mocked to the Bills. MHJ, Nabers, Odunze will almost certainly be off the board but loads of talent will remain.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 10

38 minutes ago, Brand J said:

Do NOT trade up. Whoever we take, I can just about guarantee a guy will go later who will be just as good or better. Happens every draft.

I can almost guarantee that Beane will trade up...probably only a few picks perhaps to 25 or 26, but he simply can't resist.  And we're picking in a place where the WRs are really going to be coming off the board fast.  KC will definitely be looking to move up...  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

At 28 the Bills are likely to have the opportunity to draft one of the premier boundary X receiver prospects with the desired traits. In my view more than one will be available there and the question will be which one to take assuming that's the direction the braintrust wants to go in. Thomas, Adonai Mitchell, Franklin, Leggett amongst the blue chip prospects could very well all be there. Some of those guys have already been mocked to the Bills. MHJ, Nabers, Odunze will almost certainly be off the board but loads of talent will remain.

Pretty much this.  I think 1-3 of those guys will be gone by the time we pick.  Most likely Thomas and Franklin are gone imo.  Leggettes combine/pro day could push him up too.  Is it worth trading up for one of them?  Or sit and take Mitchell?  Is he ok trading up like we did last season for one of them.  Those 3 are legit speedsters, while Mitchell is not.  

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Maynard said:

I personally like Odunze a lot. Bit of a UW fan though, so I might be a bit biased. Great hands and size. Good dude too. He’ll be out of reach though unless we move up. Haven’t had a chance to study everyone yet. 

I love him too… likely to go in the Top 12 … we will be looking up waving him goodbye ,,,

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

I can almost guarantee that Beane will trade up...probably only a few picks perhaps to 25 or 26, but he simply can't resist.  And we're picking in a place where the WRs are really going to be coming off the board fast.  KC will definitely be looking to move up...  

Probably … Beane is already looking at their pick at the end of the third to move up 3 or 4 spots …there will be 3 or 4 WR left but there will be one he loves …

If he gets it right then all good… but this is one year they could use that third round pick to find another contributor..

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, mannc said:

Not to correct, but clarify, we pick at 28.

• Disagree 1

Trade down from 28 to even later in the 1st or early 2nd to garner an extra 3rd rd pick (plus?).  Once that's done, use our 1st pick on the BPA WR and then use one of the 2 3rds on a WR as well.  If you can come away with two of Mitchell, Worthy, McConkey and/or Burton, our WR group will substantially improve both short and long-term.  I also really like Brendan Rice.  One sleeper pick for day 3 of the draft is Rosemy-Jacksaint, he has size, good speed, and an incredible catch radius.  He will be undervalued in the draft because he wasn't the primary target ever while as UGA.  He played behind, Bowers, McConkey, and even Burton and Mitchell before they transferred out to be the No. 1 guys at Bama and Texas respectively.  

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, mannc said:

Man that's tough, you don't want to get jumped and miss your guy, but at the same time if there are a good group of available they should definitely stay put and double dip with another pick. You're better off taking two shots I'd think in a stacked class than moving up a little maybe.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Pretty much this.  I think 1-3 of those guys will be gone by the time we pick.  Most likely Thomas and Franklin are gone imo.  Leggettes combine/pro day could push him up too.  Is it worth trading up for one of them?  Or sit and take Mitchell?  Is he ok trading up like we did last season for one of them.  Those 3 are legit speedsters, while Mitchell is not.  

I would be very happy with A. Mitchell. True he's not a 4:3s guy but given his size his projected 4:50 is entirely adequate especially considering his twitchiness and short area quickness. I might take him ahead of Franklin, another tremendous prospect. While it's true that Franklin can probably add to his 187 pound frame without losing anything in terms of his game speed I think Mitchell can pack on another 20lbs and still be the same guy and he's already bigger. Good chance Thomas is taken before 28. Leggett worries me a bit given his late blooming and more so even the fact that he did not perform well in his breakout season against the three teams representing the best competition he faced. A polarizing player is Keon Coleman. Some see him falling. Some see him as the fourth best receiver in the class. He could very well be another Alshon Jeffery with maybe even a higher ceiling. Hard to know when some say he's for sure running in the 4.6s and others insisting he's a solid 4.45. That's a big difference and has bearing on whether he's limited as a red zone target or capable of serving as a midfield/downfield threat. I guess we will find out in due course.

Maybe 6 QBs will go in the first and a number of teams will be looking to protect the guy they already have from amongst a number of very promising O-line prospects. There are a couple of edge defenders going in the first and at least one tight end. And of course you know that three or four DBs will be taken. Add the three or four WRs you know are going before we pick and that leaves excellent X receiver prospects still on the board for us at 28.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 players are not making this roster so moving a pick or two to move up seems logical. This is an excellent class for Wrs

There are a bunch of guys who should be there in the 20s that normally would have gone higher using the Greg Cosell meter of who the Bills need he seems to favor a speed, speed, and more speed and a vertical threat.

Adoni Mitchell

Xavier Legette

Xavier Worthy

Jaylen Polk

Emeka Ebuka

Adoni in Buffalo would destroy planets but these other guys all would definitely make Josh’s life easier later on guys like Roman Wilson can be had in the third round if you want to double dip at WR early and if we want a pure speed Xavier Worthy and his 4.29 forty wouldn’t hurt but he does have the dropseys once in awhile.

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

49 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We should package Knox and Jackson along with our first to move into top 10 to nab a difference maker WR.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

We should package Knox and Jackson along with our first to move into top 10 to nab a difference maker WR.

If a team traded for Knox … we would have to be the ones throwing in a pick to get them to bite on that contract…

Dane Jackson is not under contract in any event  … but has very limited trade value …

Moving beyond say Pick 23-24 is a bit of a pipe dream .. and even doing that would cost their third round pick …

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I would be very happy with A. Mitchell. True he's not a 4:3s guy but given his size his projected 4:50 is entirely adequate especially considering his twitchiness and short area quickness. I might take him ahead of Franklin, another tremendous prospect. While it's true that Franklin can probably add to his 187 pound frame without losing anything in terms of his game speed I think Mitchell can pack on another 20lbs and still be the same guy and he's already bigger. Good chance Thomas is taken before 28. Leggett worries me a bit given his late blooming and more so even the fact that he did not perform well in his breakout season against the three teams representing the best competition he faced. A polarizing player is Keon Coleman. Some see him falling. Some see him as the fourth best receiver in the class. He could very well be another Alshon Jeffery with maybe even a higher ceiling. Hard to know when some say he's for sure running in the 4.6s and others insisting he's a solid 4.45. That's a big difference and has bearing on whether he's limited as a red zone target or capable of serving as a midfield/downfield threat. I guess we will find out in due course.

Maybe 6 QBs will go in the first and a number of teams will be looking to protect the guy they already have from amongst a number of very promising O-line prospects. There are a couple of edge defenders going in the first and at least one tight end. And of course you know that three or four DBs will be taken. Add the three or four WRs you know are going before we pick and that leaves excellent X receiver prospects still on the board for us at 28.

Great post.  Thanks. 

yeah Coleman is a wild card.  I didn’t list him because I think he’ll be gone, but that’s just based on early predictions.  Lots can and will change.  I’d also rather have Leggette, Mitchell and Frankiln over Coleman. But if he were the pick- I would be happy that we landed a potential mismatch and possibly elite red zone target.  

I should’ve added Tez Walker to the initial group.  I’d be happy with him in rd 1.  His short and intermediate game is similar to Thomas jr (almost non existent), but he can be a force downfield. 

• Like (+1) 2

To me Coleman needs to prove that he is more than a possession receiver/red zone threat. The combine should help in figuring that out. He absolutely torched no less a team than LSU (3 TDs & circa 128 yards) and has been able to show at times a surprising agility and athleticism for a guy his size. 

• Like (+1) 2

We will definitely have to trade with the class of wr. These guys will be coming off the board fast. Brian Thomas Junior from LSU will be perfect for the type of offense we’re trying to run. He’s a big fast guy who can stretch the field, but will need some coaching on the intermediate routes. Having the 28th pick, we will need to jump some teams to get him. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Nothing about Beane and this staff gives me faith they can find an impact starter at #28 or anywhere else in the draft.

Agree, other than, I don’t know, the 10 - 12 quality picks in the last three drafts.  Ridiculous take.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3