2024 WR Draft Class

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Drafted Justin shorter could have had puca nacua! 

man I like brown Thomas and jalynn polk 

Nacua is one of those guys that a LOT of teams are wishing they hadn't passed on now.

It happens.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

So far from all the videos I’ve seen I like Xavier Legette quite a bit and then Malachi Corley later on. I also like Jacob Cowing if we double dip.

Yeah.  Legette is 6'3" and 227# and runs in the 4.2s. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I hear you bro… they need to get creative somehow … my thoughts are that other than moving up in the first a few spots for a WR if there is one they are in love with .. I’d be happy for them to take some shots with those Day 3 picks … they are losing 20 free agents this year so these guys can make the team this season …obviously they will be backups but cheap at least ….

You prolly right that we can’t get into top 10 for WR.  If I was GM I’d find a way, including next years first, but that’s why I’m not a GM. 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Brand J said:

Do NOT trade up. Whoever we take, I can just about guarantee a guy will go later who will be just as good or better. Happens every draft.

Amen - we traded up for Sammy Watkins and six other better WRs went after that PO..  The good old Russ Brandon days..

I can’t get behind Mitchell, sorry we need speed and size and with the deep nature of this draft it’s perfectly reasonable to expect that we find somebody that fits that description. 

Just now, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I can’t get behind Mitchell, sorry we need speed and size and with the deep nature of this draft it’s perfectly reasonable to expect that we find somebody that fits that description. 

Thomas, Legette, or Franklin. I would also love Worthy as quite honestly he looks faster than anybody I’ve watched.

Again I still can’t believe nobody is talking about Malachi Corley he is phenomenal. played in a smaller program but he has the tape and the numbers to get me really excited.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, B more B Rad said:

Amen - we traded up for Sammy Watkins and six other better WRs went after that PO..  The good old Russ Brandon days..

As a GM, the only trade up I would do (in general) is for a QB. Maaaybe I would trade up for an athletic freak at DE, but all other positions? It’s proven they can be had anywhere in the draft, just gotta hit on the right guy and get lucky.

We traded up for Elam when much better corners went later. Traded up for Kincaid (hated it at the time) and although that pick worked out, another player was drafted later who is at least on par with him. Traded up for Edmunds when Darius/Shaquille Leonard and Fred Warner were still on the board and in Warner’s case went much later.

The draft is a lottery and if I were a GM, I’d try to stockpile the most 1-5th round picks I possibly could year after year. I’m not sacrificing those to move up, because in doing so I’d be sacrificing the chance to hit on a guy who could be a steal. 

Edited by Brand J
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Drafted Justin shorter could have had puca nacua! 

man I like brown Thomas and jalynn polk 

We are awful at evaluating WR talent. We constantly pass on late round steals. Justin Shorter is not an NFL WR he just looks like one. Feel like Beane is like welp he kind of looks big and strong like Metcalf maybe he’s the same thing lol…just take really good WRs bro

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Doc said:

Officially 6’0.7” and I will be extremely shocked if he runs 4.2s. Probably late 4.4s or early 4.5s if he has a bad day. 

19 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

At 28 the Bills are likely to have the opportunity to draft one of the premier boundary X receiver prospects with the desired traits. In my view more than one will be available there and the question will be which one to take assuming that's the direction the braintrust wants to go in. Thomas, Adonai Mitchell, Franklin, Leggett amongst the blue chip prospects could very well all be there. Some of those guys have already been mocked to the Bills. MHJ, Nabers, Odunze will almost certainly be off the board but loads of talent will remain.

My thoughts exactly. Top three guys gone. Take any of the four mentioned - Thomas, Franklin, Mitchell, or Leggett - in whatever order the team prefers.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

In 2016……he allegedly ran a 4.29 😂 

In 2016? Was he 14? That just sounds like so long ago! We had never even heard of Covid back then. He must have been the fastest kid at recess!  😂 

11 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Guy ain’t running in the 4.2s cmon people really going to believe this 

26 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Officially 6’0.7” and I will be extremely shocked if he runs 4.2s. Probably late 4.4s or early 4.5s if he has a bad day. 

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

In 2016……he allegedly ran a 4.29 😂 

We'll see.  He hit a top speed of 22.3 MPH in a game this past season (that would be 2023, not 2016...).  That would make him tied for the 3rd fastest time in the NFL in the past 6 seasons.

And his exact height and whether he can run in the 4.2s is less important than the point of getting a guy with decent size and great speed.

Edited by Doc
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

We'll see.  He hit a top speed of 22.3 MPH in a game this past season.  That would make him tied for the 3rd fastest time in the NFL in the past 6 seasons.

And his exact height and whether he can run in the 4.2s is less important than the point of getting a guy with decent size and great speed.

Yea I don't think he is going to run in the 4.2s but he is legitimately fast. He is more a build up speed guy so I don't think the 40 necessarily will showcase how fast he is. But he is going to run plenty fast enough to be legit size / speed prospect. 

I'm super high on him. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, mannc said:

I can almost guarantee that Beane will trade up...probably only a few picks perhaps to 25 or 26, but he simply can't resist.  And we're picking in a place where the WRs are really going to be coming off the board fast.  KC will definitely be looking to move up...  

Exactly. I'm thinking trade #28 & Elam to the Eagles for #22. Their secondary is in shambles and it would be like a free option on a man corner with upside for them. Make sure KC doesn't pull another McDuffie leapfrog and get a WR ahead of us that's going to torture us for years.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I don't think he is going to run in the 4.2s but he is legitimately fast. He is more a build up speed guy so I don't think the 40 necessarily will showcase how fast he is. But he is going to run plenty fast enough to be legit size / speed prospect. 

I'm super high on him. 

Im mostly interested in his 3 cone. Hes going to run fast in the 40 but I want to see how he does in that event 

17 hours ago, Doc said:

https://x.com/TheHQNerd/status/1751607041318101153?s=20

Listed as 6’0 at the Senior bowl

• Agree 1