2024 WR Draft Class

2 Dynamic Explosive play threats please.

I highly doubt we'd be this aggressive, but trading up into the teens for Brian Thomas Jr 

& then trading up again for someone like Xavier Worthy if he falls far enough into the 2nd 

That would get the juices flowing on offense 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

You guys aren't scared he's too Gabe Davis like? Either making big plays or disappearing?

Give me ol steady Troy Franklin all day. I want a balanced receiver thar josh can count on getting the ball to several times a game, every game.

Thomas is more of a finisher when your wr room is already stocked IMO

I see what you are are saying. I think the 40 times at the combine should be a big factor. Thomas Jr. looks like a major threat downfield with his size and speed. We need that but I would also be happy with Troy Franklin, he’s also a stud. Either way can’t go wrong. 

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Note that I didn’t say First Round. I’m very much NOT of the mindset that a deep burner is what we need. There are way more possession type catches in the NFL then there will ever be home run long shots. 

Coleman is projected in some places as the 4th best WR.  They will have to take him in the 1st.  But they absolutely need a speed WR.  Now the place that rated him 4th said he runs a 4.45 (I saw 4.57), which could change things.

Edited by Doc

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

You get a tall, big bodied WR and you use him as your first down safety blanket for your tall, big bodied QB. The kid runs out five yards, turns around and Josh tosses it up high, where the kid comes down with it like a rebound. Move the chains, over and over again. 

That is Kincaid.  They need someone who can line up outside and beat press.  Whether its with size speed or both.  50/50 jump ball catchers have high bust rates.  50/50 catch rates do not correlate well to the NFL.  Separation is most important.  Size in a vacuum is best but need the prerequisites first.   

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

46 minutes ago, Doc said:

Coleman is projected in some places as the 4th best WR.  They will have to take him in the 1st.  But they absolutely need a speed WR.  Now the place that rated him 4th said he runs a 4.45 (I saw 4.57), which could change things.

Even if he does he doesn't play that fast. I watched 4 full games of us and dropped him after every game. Really came into it expecting to like him based on my tv exposure to Florida State in season too. One of the most disappointing tape evaluations.

Coleman sucks. Can’t separate and has poor speed. He also has terrible contested catch % numbers. 

New age WR’s need to be able to create separation with quickness , suddenness at the line and also threaten with deep speed.

Edited by DJB
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

2 Dynamic Explosive play threats please.

I highly doubt we'd be this aggressive, but trading up into the teens for Brian Thomas Jr 

& then trading up again for someone like Xavier Worthy if he falls far enough into the 2nd 

That would get the juices flowing on offense 

I do like both.  I would like to see them walk away with either than add another in the middle rounds. 

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I don't think size is really necessary for this kind of thing. This is precisely the type of stuff Kincaid was consistently successful doing. If anything, you probably want to prioritize quickness over size for this kind of thing IMO so that the WR can start/stop and create good separation and then Allen can throw it low and away from the defender.

Thats where we differ I guess. Football has evolved into a possession game. You can see it with Mahomes and Kelce. Just keep the ball, pick up the first downs, and if it’s close you go for it on fourth down. Keep the chains moving and for goodness sake’s do NOT give the ball back to your opponent. I’m not a huge fan on this newest evolution because it’s become akin to the NBA but if that’s what the league has become, let’s be REALLY good at it. 

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

For these 6’4 plus guys the combine is going to separate them.  Who is a 4.6 who is low 4.5.  Mike Evans vs Kelvin Benjamin.  Also, with new rules the wr size isnt as big of a deal.  Devonte Smith and Tank Dell are fine.  If Worthy run 4.3 his speed and separation translates better then the big guys 50/50 ability. I would like to see Buffalo double dip at Wr.  One early and one in the middle rounds.  

If you are not so much into 6'4" guys you might like Ekbuka/ Ladd McConkey. There is a lot to be said for those guys.

Man, this is so nerve wracking. I've seen enough drafts to know that not all of these WRs will pan out. And the Bills must, must, MUST hit on their pick.

The good news is, the last WR-packed draft I can think of in 2014, almost all of the guys taken in the first 2 rounds panned out.

12 WRs in the first 2 rounds in 2014, and really only Paul Richardson and Cody Latimer were misses.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

If you are not so much into 6'4" guys you might like Ekbuka/ Ladd McConkey. There is a lot to be said for those guys.

I see that Ekbuka is going back to OH. I guess he wants to show what he can do as the primary receiver. Given the strength of 2024 class that's probably a good decision. 

52 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

That is Kincaid.  They need someone who can line up outside and beat press.  Whether its with size speed or both.  50/50 jump ball catchers have high bust rates.  50/50 catch rates do not correlate well to the NFL.  Separation is most important.  Size in a vacuum is best but need the prerequisites first.   

This. Brown and Beasley were both top 5-10 NFL WR separators when we brought them in and look what it did for JA17.

• Agree 1

On 1/27/2024 at 9:55 PM, gonzo1105 said:

Guy ain’t running in the 4.2s cmon people really going to believe this 

He is speedy. My only worry about him is he a bit of a 1 year wonder. 

On 1/28/2024 at 1:55 PM, gonzo1105 said:

Guy ain’t running in the 4.2s cmon people really going to believe this 

Maybe not…. I Recently heard some Bills podcaster who says he has been measured on the field during a game with a quicker fastest speed then  Hill… not on the track … but on the field carrying a football with the pads on …

I have no idea if that’s true or not ..just passing it on,,,

8 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Maybe not…. I Recently heard some Bills podcaster who says he has been measured on the field during a game with a quicker fastest speed then  Hill… not on the track … but on the field carrying a football with the pads on …

I have no idea if that’s true or not ..just passing it on,,,

Well he’s already been overhyped. Listed at 6’3 and he measured at the senior bowl at 6’1. Not that that’s terrible but not a good indicator of inflated measurable in the future

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

Well he’s already been overhyped. Listed at 6’3 and he measured at the senior bowl at 6’1. Not that that’s terrible but not a good indicator of inflated measurable in the future

Ok…let’s wait and see… he won’t be the first or last guy that has had his height or weight overstated  ….so I’m not going necessarily say that the rest of the buzz is overhype ..

Lets wait and see how he goes at the combine