2024 WR Draft Class

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I don't think he is going to run in the 4.2s but he is legitimately fast. He is more a build up speed guy so I don't think the 40 necessarily will showcase how fast he is. But he is going to run plenty fast enough to be legit size / speed prospect. 

I'm super high on him. 

When I read a post like this I am left confused.  The word "he" is employed 5 times and then "him" once.    But not once is the "he/him" defined or referred to so that reader can understand who is being discussed.   

I get that I could recycle back through two pages of conversations and solve this, but may one solid reference would be an aid to understanding.  

Edited by CNYfan
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Troy Franklin will be there. Would be a nice compliment to Diggs.

Agree. But is Thomas Jr. is also there I think he would be a better fit. But either of these guys would be a home run for us. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Doc said:

We'll see.  He hit a top speed of 22.3 MPH in a game this past season (that would be 2023, not 2016...).  That would make him tied for the 3rd fastest time in the NFL in the past 6 seasons.

And his exact height and whether he can run in the 4.2s is less important than the point of getting a guy with decent size and great speed.

The 4.29 people are talking about IS from 2016.  That’s all I’m saying. 

15 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Troy Franklin will be there. Would be a nice compliment to Diggs.

I think it’s more like 50/50 that he’s there.  If he runs low 4.3’s I don’t think he will be

• Agree 1

Just now, NewEra said:

The 4.29 people are talking about IS from 2016.  That’s all I’m saying. 

I actually read 4.22.  But I was mostly talking about his 22.3 MPH last season.

19 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

How have the DL workout?  Wr's?

Shakir?  Pretty well.  Oliver?  Pretty well.  Rousseau?  Pretty well.  Epinesa?  Not bad.  Then throw in guys like Torrence, Brown (yes he played well this year), Bernard, Benford, Jackson.

i think you’ve been warned recently about trolling.  This kind of stuff is why.

• Eyeroll 1

14 hours ago, Brand J said:

As a GM, the only trade up I would do (in general) is for a QB. Maaaybe I would trade up for an athletic freak at DE, but all other positions? It’s proven they can be had anywhere in the draft, just gotta hit on the right guy and get lucky.

We traded up for Elam when much better corners went later. Traded up for Kincaid (hated it at the time) and although that pick worked out, another player was drafted later who is at least on par with him. Traded up for Edmunds when Darius/Shaquille Leonard and Fred Warner were still on the board and in Warner’s case went much later.

The draft is a lottery and if I were a GM, I’d try to stockpile the most 1-5th round picks I possibly could year after year. I’m not sacrificing those to move up, because in doing so I’d be sacrificing the chance to hit on a guy who could be a steal. 

Good post. The only move ups that I think make sense are putting 6-7 round picks together to get another 5. Rounds 1-5 are where the moneys at, so try to get as many of these as you can. 

And yes, I  know Benford was a 6th round pick. But what other 6-7 round picks have the Bills made that were quality starters for the Bills in the last 5 years?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Brand J said:

Do NOT trade up. Whoever we take, I can just about guarantee a guy will go later who will be just as good or better. Happens every draft.

You would have to sedate Beane for most of the first round for that to happen.

• Haha (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, DJB said:

Im mostly interested in his 3 cone. Hes going to run fast in the 40 but I want to see how he does in that event 

https://x.com/TheHQNerd/status/1751607041318101153?s=20

Listed as 6’0 at the Senior bowl

I'd love it if he lost 3" at the Senior Bowl, the guy doesn't seem to have any problem elevating and high pointing the ball but if something can make it easier to get him by all means.

21 hours ago, Brand J said:

Do NOT trade up. Whoever we take, I can just about guarantee a guy will go later who will be just as good or better. Happens every draft.

The only trade I'd accept is to get Harrison lol. That would be a wild trade

19 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

We have 3 6th round picks, and most likely those guys (and our 7th) do not make the team. Package them for say a 3rd.  The QUALITY of picks has to be great this year, the draft picks need to contribute very quickly. We need a WR to compete for #2 immediately and there may be guys in this draft that can do that.

Who though?  This is where I need to see Beane stay at 28 or move a couple of spots up and knock it out of the park at WR as he did with Kincaid. 

Those 3 6ths might get you to the top of the 5th round.  The 2 5th rounders PLUS the 3 6ths might get an early 4th round pick.

• Like (+1) 1

If Beane really wants a WR he'd sign a top tier free agent or trade for one.  None of our starting WR's (Diggs, Davis, or Shakir) were even drafted in the first 100 picks of a draft.  One out of the top 5 pass catchers in this years regular season was drafted in the top 50.  Three out of 4 were not even drafted in the top 100 picks.  We're probably just as likely to get production from a guy we draft in the 2nd or 3rd round as someone we might draft at 28.  I think with Shakir and Kincaid coming on last season Diggs might find his groove again.  We can draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd and bring them along.  They can't be any worse then Sherfield and Harty.

• Disagree 1

Just now, Maine-iac said:

If Beane really wants a WR he'd sign a top tier free agent or trade for one.  None of our starting WR's (Diggs, Davis, or Shakir) were even drafted in the first 100 picks of a draft.  One out of the top 5 pass catchers in this years regular season was drafted in the top 50.  Three out of 4 were not even drafted in the top 100 picks.  We're probably just as likely to get production from a guy we draft in the 2nd or 3rd round as someone we might draft at 28.  I think with Shakir and Kincaid coming on last season Diggs might find his groove again.  We can draft a guy in the 2nd or 3rd and bring them along.  They can't be any worse then Sherfield and Harty.

They are $40M over the cap.

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Im mostly interested in his 3 cone. Hes going to run fast in the 40 but I want to see how he does in that event 

Yea I think better than the other fast guys but agree it is key for him.

57 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

When I read a post like this I am left confused.  The word "he" is employed 5 times and then "him" once.    But not once is the "he/him" defined or referred to so that reader can understand who is being discussed.   

I get that I could recycle back through two pages of conversations and solve this, but may one solid reference would be an aid to understanding.  

Sorry meant to quote the post I was referring to. Must have deleted the quote. Legette.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

They are $40M over the cap.

Everybody knows that means nothing. If it was Beane's goal to go out and get a #1 receiver he'd make it happen.  I don't think it's happening but if it was he'd find a way.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1