At the end, how Josh Allen's carrer will look like ?

Repulsif

At the end, how Josh Allen's carrer will look like ?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Your answer

• A Philip Rivers one. No title, several playoff apparences ans that's it
    • A Stafford one. A trade late to finally win the big one with another team
    • A Elway one. Finally winning right before it's too late with thé original team
    • The answer 4

I think he will wind up back in the Bay Area or SoCal to finish his career out.  I don’t know what kind of circumstances would lead to this, but my thinking is he will win a late SB with 49ers or Rams someday.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I don’t see us ever trading him away. He IS the best Bills player ever already imo. Better than Bruce, OJ or Kelly. Already a HOFer. 

I’m all up in my feels still about this season but I just don’t see us getting there with this coach so the Elway choice is the closest. But, can he last that long with his playing style?

• Agree 1

Will be a waste due to the stubbornness of keeping HC Sean McClap.

Devastating

2 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

I don’t think Josh will wait much longer to win it all. The 1st time he brings a healthy squad with a receiving corps that have a legitimate 1 and 2, he’ll win. Just be patient and we’ll get there.

Not with McDermott

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

If McD is here for the long haul, he’s looking at Phillip Rivers unfortunately. 

This has already been the most tragic waste of a superstar I’ve ever seen. 

16 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I don't know how it ends up but I would use Dan Marino as the first example over Phillip Rivers.  Josh is in another class from Rivers and this is coming from someone who was a big fan of Rivers.  

Yea, Marino is the better comp

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, McBean said:

Will be a waste due to the stubbornness of keeping HC Sean McClap.

Devastating

Not with McDermott

I thought the same but he was much better after 6 and 6. He let Brady do his thing and really tightened up a beleaguered defense. If he doesn’t make mistakes with personnel like keeping a kicker that has issues or not signing off on trading Diggs, we should be alright. He’s a solid motivator and the players play hard.

37 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Elway was 37 when he won the 1st of two - hope we don't have to wait 10 more years. 

With the hits Josh takes every week, doubtful he plays past 37-38?  He's gotta get one in the next 5 years. Maybe the NFL will move the Bills to the NFC?

• Agree 4
  • Dislike 1

27 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

I don’t think Josh will wait much longer to win it all. The 1st time he brings a healthy squad with a receiving corps that have a legitimate 1 and 2, he’ll win. Just be patient and we’ll get there.

This patience you speak of, how many decades does it take? Just curios, as I'm well over 4 decades in

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

With the hits Josh takes every week, doubtful he plays past 37-38?  He's gotta get one in the next 5 years. Maybe the NFL will move the Bills to the NFC?

I mean he'll still probably be around but it won't be this version of him. McD's wasted a lot of that. I think we maybe have a couple years of this kind of weapon where he can run like this and take the punishment. One of those we're punting away next year with McD. We might be down to 1 after that. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I think he will wind up back in the Bay Area or SoCal to finish his career out.  I don’t know what kind of circumstances would lead to this, but my thinking is he will win a late SB with 49ers or Rams someday.

Was thinking this too

will always be in the thick of it for the Bills but we won’t get a ship

Next year.  If you don’t think so, go join  2jetsdrive.  I was at the Y yesterday, and guys were talking about the game. I said ‘you guys are doing better than I am, at least you can talk about it.’  Have to let it go.  We have the best qb I’ve ever seen in a Bills uniform. He runs the table but hasn’t dropped the 8 ball.  Next year.  

2 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I mean he'll still probably be around but it won't be this version of him. McD's wasted a lot of that. I think we maybe have a couple years of this kind of weapon where he can run like this and take the punishment. One of those we're punting away next year with McD. We might be down to 1 after that. 

Disagree I think Josh will play like this another 7-8 years but - idk could just be still depressed I just don’t see us winning one 

32 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

This patience you speak of, how many decades does it take? Just curios, as I'm well over 4 decades in

The Bills have their trajectory pointing up. They have their QB and that’s huge. They’re in a division that should get them a home playoff game. Remember every year they should learn from losing big games. Manning didn’t get a ring until his 9th season. Give Josh a legitimate #1and 2 receiver with this O-line and Cook and a healthy McDermott defense and I like our chances. This year we were really close. That last drive didn’t work out because Josh got jostled before he could step into the throw to Shakir. If we get the TD there, it’s not for sure Mahomes scores a Touchdown. We were outmanned in that game, riddled with injuries on defense( AJ Klein MLB, Douglas (knee) and our front was not able to get any pressure on Mahomes or stop the run, and we were right there. One game from the SB. Forget the 4 decades and never lose hope. Are you not being entertained by this team and especially a generational QB doing his thing. Most fans rooting for other teams would kill a relative to have Josh playing for their team.

He’s John Elway Jr  I don’t want to wait till he’s in his mid 30s to finally get one. He’s every bit as good as 15 in KC but KCs guys make big time plays for Pat we don’t seem to get that from the players around Josh. 
I think by his 30th birthday he’ll get one and get another 1 or 2 in his 30s. 

• Like (+1) 1

I hope he follows the Peyton Manning trajectory and lands a couple of Lombardi trophy's for Buffalo.  But until I see a real change in direction for the Bills in FA & the draft starting this year I fear Allen's career will follow the trajectory of Dan Fouts & Phillip Rovers only with more yards and TD's.  And that would be sad and a damning indictment of the Bills management.

• Like (+1) 1

Josh has about 5 more years of absolute prime football.  After that, the legs will start to fade and his game will change.  

I selected the Rivers option, but he'll be more revered than Phillip for sure.  I don't think he carries a team to a championship.  He's going to need help.  Unfortunately, Beane and McDermott have shown that they're not too interested in doing that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Elway took a beating while running some and played in the era when roughing the passer was a regular thing. 

But yeah, let's get one sooner than later.

2 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

The Bills have their trajectory pointing up. They have their QB and that’s huge. They’re in a division that should get them a home playoff game. Remember every year they should learn from losing big games. Manning didn’t get a ring until his 9th season. Give Josh a legitimate #1and 2 receiver with this O-line and Cook and a healthy McDermott defense and I like our chances. This year we were really close. That last drive didn’t work out because Josh got jostled before he could step into the throw to Shakir. If we get the TD there, it’s not for sure Mahomes scores a Touchdown. We were outmanned in that game, riddled with injuries on defense( AJ Klein MLB, Douglas (knee) and our front was not able to get any pressure on Mahomes or stop the run, and we were right there. One game from the SB. Forget the 4 decades and never lose hope. Are you not being entertained by this team and especially a generational QB doing his thing. Most fans rooting for other teams would kill a relative to have Josh playing for their team.

I was comfortably in this place after the 2020 season.  

Now, I’m getting anxious.  

In 2 years Josh will be 30.  How many more years at the peak of these current powers will he have?  3?  Maybe 5?  

The good news is by then 14 other elite AFC QBs will be into year 2 or 3 of their 300 million dollar contracts to so….even playing field?  

How can I take this thread seriously, or with any semblance of logical thought, if (after four hours) you can’t even go back and correct monstrous spelling and grammatical errors in the title or subtext? Just another “gimme me my Super Bowl NOW!!!” Stream of Consciousness. 

4 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I don't know how it ends up but I would use Dan Marino as the first example over Phillip Rivers.  Josh is in another class from Rivers and this is coming from someone who was a big fan of Rivers.  

Agreed… we are all hurting and frustrated beyond belief right now to be having these conversations instead of getting ready for another game, but this is an overreaction.

Rivers was excellent, but Josh already has as many playoff wins as Rivers had in his entire career. Over a decent sample size now, Josh has played unbelievably well in the playoffs.

Since Josh emerged as a superstar in 2020, this team is 48-18 with a +629 point differential. The Chiefs have the next best point differential over the last 4 seasons at +431. As heartbreaking as this ride has been… things will eventually level out to where they should be. Multiple games being moved and rescheduled, deadly weather, Hamlin dying and being revived on the field are all extraordinary circumstances. The Chiefs catching us without Milano, Bernard, Tre, and half our defense on the shelf won’t always happen either. 

All of that to say… Josh will win a ring, and probably a couple in Buffalo IMHO.

Can I take Andrew Luck? Gets annoyed at our lack of Super Bowl runs and having to do literally everything. Gets dinged up a bunch running like crazy and retires in the next 5 years. Golfs into the sunset. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.