Don't Blame Bass

KDIGGZ

I totally agree. This game is definitely NOT the "Bass missed FG" game.

The fact of the matter is the last series of downs Josh didn't play very well at all, and when time is running out, that's the difference between winning and losing.  Lots of things prior to that could have gone differently too so that Josh didn't even need to perform well at the end.  

Notice how our great running game totally died in the 2nd half.  Also, note how our D couldn't stop KC AT ALL in the entire second half.

Adjustments, tactics, Xs and Ox, and coaching.  IT matters...and we got outreached again tonight.

Why would this matchup ever look different?  This is as weak as KC has been in years; we got them on our field.  Mahomes' first road playoff game and all that crap....

Why would it be different next time?

Gotta regroup.  That means a new HC, which we won't get.

So next year will be more wheel spinning...

• Thank you (+1) 1

There's plenty of blame to go around, but T Bass deserves a pretty big share. Not to mention he's been complete garbage since the Giants game. 

He missed THREE field goals in the playoffs this year. Every other kicker in the playoffs COMBINED has 3 misses. 

Unless he's dealing with an injury I think we have to move on from him this offseason (even with the deadcap). 

Hard to come back from wide right 2.0

He gets paid to make kicks, and he failed. Of course he deserves blame.

But like I heard Phil Simms say after the game...he wouldn't want to be a kicker in Buffalo, and that's a fact.

It's not just tough to kick here, but you have the most infamous miss in league history that gets attached to any Bills kicker in big moments. It's very unfair to them, but that is the job if you kick for the Buffalo Bills.

Bass needs to try to move past it and get his career back on track. This can break him, or motivate him to make that kick for us to win it all. 

It really depends on him

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Nobody should be blaming our bad kicker for being bad.

This is my favorite post game quote. And it’s 100% accurate. My wife saw his stats when he lined up and said “he’s not very good, huh?” and this is literally her first season really trying to learn football. 

Diggs can once and for all shut the ***** up with his Twitter and Instagram *****. 

At the end of the day, injuries killed us. We literally had no starting LBs against a team that just eats up the middle. 

I’m assuming having a 10 day old sitting on my lap is helping with perspective, but I’m much less upset than I have been in the past. This team wasn’t it. Even during her winning streak, there were some close ones against ***** teams. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Blame the coaches because Reid and Co attacked out LB that was was sitting on the couch 2 weeks ago…. I don’t think we lost because of coaching.  If Josh would’ve hit a wide open shakir, the narrative would’ve been much different

credit to Reid and Mahomes for attacking our weakensses.  

The dude missed a 20 harder last week and it was a no pressure kick. We already won the game and he pretty much had to kick because we had no other option at that point. HE MISSED IT. I told my son this week that this game better not come down to a Bass FG. Maybe it did maybe it didn't but he MISSED IT so well

never know. Yeah I blame him. Yeah coaches could have called better plays leading up to it. Yeah josh could have taken the underneath okays like he had all game long until then but the fact is he was given the chance and he missed it wide right of all places. 

Bass just needs to be on a short leash next year. Like a double secret probation. 

Bass failed his job. But he has done pretty well in the past?

IDK it's a kicker 🙄

Its interesting everyone expects the Bills to lose in some mind numbing rediculous ways.

The team lost in the lamest way possible. A "clean" missed kick. 

You can't blame the D, the O got in field position, it's just "whelp" he missed. 🤷

Edited by letsgoteam

3 minutes ago, chongli said:

Really, you can stop at any time. I didn’t realize you were a Chiefs fan.

Go to their board so you can celebrate.

Edited by Beast

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Nobody should be blaming our bad kicker for being bad. Blame the coaches for putting him in that position knowing that he is bad. He was statistically one of the worst kickers in the entire league this year. The result was inevitable.

There's absolutely no reason why the offense went off their game plan instead of slowly and methodically continuing to march down the field and run the clock. For some reason they started launching impossible throws down field rather than picking up 7-8 yards every play with Kincaid.

Even if Bass makes the kick (we knew he wouldn't) then the Chiefs have the ball with over a min left. You don't think Mahomes is going to get his guys in FG range when we didn't stop them at all the entire night? Again, don't blame Bass. This isn't his fault. We would have lost either way.

What a troll post.

This thread should be deleted and you should be banned or warned for the same reason so many of us are banned or warned. You're being intentionally and stupidly inflammatory.

It was a 44 yard field goal. Make it. End of story.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

What a troll post.

This thread should be deleted and you should be banned or warned for the same reason so many of us are banned or warned. You're being intentionally and stupidly inflammatory.

It was a 44 yard field goal. Make it. End of story.

Yikes you sound like the kind of guy that ends up on the news for kicking your dog.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

Even if he made the kick, this game felt like the 2021 divisional where OT was going to end poorly.

Bass was just a part of the larger picture of mistakes in this game.  Allen should have taken what the defense was giving him all night, and the defense needed to make one or two stops in the first three quarters.  Any one of those could have won it.

Edited by sullim4
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Special K said:

I sure hope Bass was dealing with some undisclosed injury the second half of the season.....there is just no way he could go from Bass-o-matic to Bass-hole so quickly!!

27b2c83d-8326-467c-ad67-05d2cff4d21e_tex

I think it's all in his head

2 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Agree.  We needed to score a TD there.  I kinda put that on Allen.  He was trying to go for the TD on 2nd and 3rd down when he had under routes open they would’ve given us first downs

I know it’s in an other thread, but here you contradicted your statements.. the need for a touchdown and in your opinion, the correct play to check down. Just saying.  

3 hours ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

what the f8ck??? we signed this dude to a big contract caus he was supposed to be the guy.  he shouldnt have missed that kick!!

This is all true, and I agree. Did anyone think he would actually make it?

Houston, we have a problem... 

Edited by buffblue

3 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

They need to cut Bass tomorrow. It's over for him. New kicker for sure. He's done.

Not going to happen.  The Bills are not in a position to take 7.5 million in dead cap hits and then have to pay another player to take his place.  Stop thinking Madden franchise mode is real.  It's not.  Please come back to reality where the Bills are already $40 million over the cap and will have to work some magic to get under it and sign some key players.  Adding more holes and dead cap isn't in the cards.  

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Nobody cares.

People who actually do this for a living, like Brandon Beane, instead of playing Madden franchise mode and thinking it's realistic care.  

He's not the sole reason we lost, but dear lord he shoulders a chunk of the blame.  He makes it, at least Mahomes has to work for it.  One fluky play, a turnover, and it goes into OT.  There is *no* excuse for that miss.  None.

8 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Nobody should be blaming our bad kicker for being bad. Blame the coaches for putting him in that position knowing that he is bad. He was statistically one of the worst kickers in the entire league this year. The result was inevitable.

There's absolutely no reason why the offense went off their game plan instead of slowly and methodically continuing to march down the field and run the clock. For some reason they started launching impossible throws down field rather than picking up 7-8 yards every play with Kincaid.

Even if Bass makes the kick (we knew he wouldn't) then the Chiefs have the ball with over a min left. You don't think Mahomes is going to get his guys in FG range when we didn't stop them at all the entire night? Again, don't blame Bass. This isn't his fault. We would have lost either way.

This was my exact text to friends and family last night.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I disagree Jones did nothing to that throw. Shakir wasn't even looking for the ball. Bad throw, bad route. Even if that's a TD Mahomes would have almost 2 min to go down the field. We need 5-6 yard plays to keep the clock moving. Bad play calls or maybe the right play and Josh played hero ball. But that's what cost us the game

It was a melon farmer moment for sure 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

He's not.  7.4 mil in dead cap, no way Bills create a hole and take that cap hit plus what it would cost to sign a new kicker.

Wait- this can’t be true.  Our kicker has a 7.4 mil dead cap? Are you kidding me!?  

no wonder we are in cap hell.  

He had one job- to make kicks. Other kickers hit 59 yard FGs in heavy rains and winds to tie us at expiration.  Bass struggled on PATs.  He has  been shaky the 3 games.  But playoff is not the time to switch kickers.

Bass has yips, and lives in Choke City.  Next man up

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.