Divisional Playoffs - Chiefs at Bills - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Kaa Cee 4 Life said:

Ha! HA! HA!. Don't say I didn't warn you! How the ***** did you lose that game? Same way you lose them all! Choke job! LMAO!

Choke Job?  Get a grip man. The game was back and forth until our kicker did the most Billsy thing. Yeah 15 would have drivin down and probably scored but maybe we could have responded, maybe not. The fact is Buffalo doesn't always choke. 

• Like (+1) 1

Play calling at the end was terrible,  wasting downs running.  This team needs to get some receivers because and get back to passing the ball.  Diggs is not a dog,  almost never shows up in these big playoff games.  The dropped long pass was all on him,  he choked 

Play calling at the end was terrible,  wasting downs running.  This team needs to get some receivers because and get back to passing the ball.  Diggs is not a dog,  almost never shows up in these big playoff games.  The dropped long pass was all on him,  he choked 

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

This game is on McDermott and special teams. I don’t know what more to say to Josh but your receivers let you down including your HIM. For as much as Diggs complains he doesn’t produce. 

Josh missed the wide open crosser to Diggs on 2nd and 9 on the last drive. If he hits that, I think we end up winning that game. Other than that, Josh was elite tonight 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

Another year of Josh Allen being wasted.

I'm stoked to see Beane waste the offseason rebuilding the secondary, linebacker core, defensive line, kicker, punter, long snapper, and secondary again.  Anything for the guy who got him his job.  

Edited by Julio Hopkins
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, steven50 said:

Hit the nail on the head. All the threads will be filled with the usual FIRE EVERYONE! Rabal rabal rabal rabal nonsense but the fact is Josh played a great game but he should have thrown the ball to one of the two open underneath guys for the first down. It was a poor decision on his part to swing for the fences.

In terms of why we loss why would Josh even come up?  As usual the team road on his shoulders.  Our defense was high school level tonight.  It was beyond pitiful.  Big drops by receivers who often could not get open.  Special teams playing hurt....?  Why?  We have a coach who we should be thankful got us to contender status but who will never win a super bowl.  Another year with him is a total waste.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I will forever be thankful and grateful for what McDermott helped create here in Buffalo.  But I’m so tired of being outcoached in the playoffs.

I feel like winning relies so heavily on Josh Allen magic and never scheme.

I get that we have been short handed almost criminally short handed.  But when your specialty is defense and you can only force 1 punt a game I just worry that we’ve hit the ceiling with what we have.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I said it 3 years ago and it still stands- Josh will go down in history as the greatest QB to never win a superbowl…

He has all the physical skill in the world, but it’s his decision making that is hit or miss…All the greats have it, but Allen just seems to come up a little short in that area…

I still love him, but it is what it is…Go Bills…👍

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Bills lack proven playmakers outside of Josh. It’s very evident! Offense scored on ONE drive in the 2nd half as KC adjusted and Brady had no response. 

Crucial drops by Diggs and Sherfield that needed and should have been caught! It’s not debatable. 

DL was flat out embarrassing and it needs a complete overhaul. 

On the last drive they got way too conservative worrying about giving the ball back to KC vs go get a TD and win the game.

I fully believe we need to explore the OC position. Everything is so difficult compared to the other playoff teams. Rarely do our WR’s draw interference or holding calls and struggle to get separation.

MCDermott now 5-6 in the playoffs.  Another good season that wasn’t good enough when it mattered. Not sure if a McDermott led team can get over the mental hump!

Bills HAVE to hit at WR and DE in the upcoming draft. 

Solid game by Josh, Kincaid and Shakir offensively. OL was solid

Disappointing games by the entire DL, Diggs and Bass. Will give Martin a pass as he was obviously injured.

The fact that Martin was even active for the game is another coaching failure, in my view.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I just don't undertand why Allen is trying to throw into the endzone with 2 minutes left. That doesn't win you the game. You take the short pass for a FD to Diggs and you work the Chiefs TOs and clock and try to score with about 45 seconds left to take a 4 point lead. 

McDermott should go. I've said it for 2 years. His defense isn't beating any elite QB in the postseason. 

2nd and third down were the worst designed plays . If we are stuck with McDermott than get a good OC. Look what it’s done for baltimore. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

I gotta say it...call Belichick or Harbaugh tomorrow. 

Is this loss on McD? No. But you know what? Something big has to change. 

Yeah, we probably get our butt kicked in Baltimore next week. So what. This was an enormous game where too many people came up small.

BTW, Diggs time as a #1 receiver on this team needs to be questioned.

Instead, the Bills are just going to run it back with McD. This is anything but inspiring. People here will continue to defend him and the Bills will likely fall short again and again. 

Not sure why anyone is afraid of change? 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

Josh missed the wide open crosser to Diggs on 2nd and 9 on the last drive. If he hits that, I think we end up winning that game. Other than that, Josh was elite tonight 

I don’t blame Josh for going for the homer run he had Shakir just didn’t get enough on it when Jones pushed McGovern back into him but point taken.

22 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

If Bass makes the kick, you're giving Mahomes the balls with 1:45 seconds and pretending that you're going to stop him when you've done so once all game. We lost on 3rd down, not 4th.

Well if Bass makes the kick you at least have a chance. Football's a funny game. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I just don't undertand why Allen is trying to throw into the endzone with 2 minutes left. That doesn't win you the game. You take the short pass for a FD to Diggs and you work the Chiefs TOs and clock and try to score with about 45 seconds left to take a 4 point lead. 

McDermott should go. I've said it for 2 years. His defense isn't beating any elite QB in the postseason. 

McDermott should be let go but he will get another year because he can sit back and say my defense was too decimated by injury. 

I don't see anything changing for this team and many other teams in AFC will be better next year.  Its not going to get any easier.

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

The fact that Martin was even active for the game is another coaching failure, in my view.

A massive failure. I really think we need to get rid of McDermott. That's just one more reason to add to the list of why.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Allen got greedy at the exact wrong time but the play was there to be made - Jones just got the best of his man and affected the throw.

Special teams under McD have been a complete clown show.  Keeping Martin this week was ludicrous and I suspect it was done in large part to try not to disrupt Bass’s fragile psyche by switching out his holder.  Bass needs to go take Ayahuasca with Rodgers this offseason, his brain is scrambled up and he’s useless.  Which I just have no sympathy for given what I’ve been through as a fan of this team.

Speaking of which - Diggs had zero interest in this game.  Bookended his garbage performance by fumbling on the very first play and then casually dropping a perfectly-thrown bomb on the penultimate drive.  Not sure what happened to him mentally but he seemed to have completely checked out and I suspect we will soon be subjected to his passive-aggressive tweets and such as he starts angling for his next adventure.

Finally - this game was proof positive that investing more heavily on defense is a fool’s errand.  Beane gave his star QB zero playmakers this offseason.  Wasting the career of JA17 is a war crime and Beane should be on a short leash heading into 2024.

Brutal way to end the season but they gave themselves no margin for error, all year and again today.  They had to be perfect for too many games in a row and today they came up short.

Wide open post route ain’t exactly greed… y’all are talkin like he rifled it into tight coverage haha if he checked it down to diggs and we got held out of the end zone still(probable), we’d all be complaining he didn’t attempt that wide open td throw 

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

I said it 3 years ago and it still stands- Josh will go down in history as the greatest QB to never win a superbowl…

He has all the physical skill in the world, but it’s his decision making that is hit or miss…All the greats have it, but Allen just seems to come up a little short in that area…

I still love him, but it is what it is…Go Bills…👍

You’re blaming Josh for a game in which he was literally a one man offense again do blame him for the ball go threw Diggs and Sherfields hands too?

• Like (+1) 1

But did you really ever think we'd win the game?

Gosh - as I sat there and watched, paced around and watched, cheered and groaned... I just couldn't help but think we can't pull this off. Either we won't be able to stop Mahomes (just have never done it in the playoffs and certainly not today), or the Bills will shoot themselves in the foot.

Of course I remained hopeful, but season after season of watching the same script - you just had to know it would end the same way.

2020: 6 straight wins to end the season, lose to Chiefs in the Playoffs

2021: 4 straight wins to end the season, lose to Chiefs in the Playoffs

2022: 7 straight wins to end the season (1 no contest Bengals game), lose to Bengals in the Playoffs

2023: 5 straight wins to end the season, lose to Chiefs in the Playoffs

Same script every year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I actually think the game turned when Spags made adjustments and the Bills didn’t for those two series. Before that they couldn’t stop Buffalo but they started run blitzing and coming down hard and we needed to be going PA. Those 3 series cost is. We only scored 7 points in the 2nd half

The best coaches, like good chess players, think several moves ahead.

Bills have routinely been late to adjust under McD, especially in the big games.

• Like (+1) 2

The bottom line is there is a reason that the Kansas City Chiefs are Super Bowl champions and the Buffalo Bills are contenders but not championship level

good enough. Bills fans have to get it out of their heads that the Buffalo weather is going to get the Bills anywhere the Chiefs just beat us in our home stadium with the wind and the Buffalo weather because they are champions that is what champions do. Champions don’t need to rely on weather and tricks they just go out and beat you regardless of the adversity that you face during the season. Because the bottom line the Super Bowl isn’t hosted in Buffalo. The Bills flat out aren’t good enough compared to the Chiefs. Congratulations to the Kansas City Chiefs and for my Bills maybe next year in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 2

Diggs can go.  I think a large part of the early season issues were his antics and trying to force him the ball.  

Take a look at KC and bagging Hill.  They are doing just fine it seems 

We need to do ALL offense in the draft and allow FA to focus on D.  

take a few losses in the beginning but build a young aggressive team. 

not 100% on Brady but he’s light years ahead of what we’ve had. A year of his own playbook might be good.  

after where we were I’m happy but still gutted from this loss to KC.   Unless some lingering issue Bass needs to go-he was abysmal this year.  

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Might not be a popular take but I am proud of how the team got up off the mat after we were 6-6 and it looked like we might not even make the playoffs.  Still sucks, and, I know, it's championship or bust, but, I can at least look back on that with some happiness.

Another time. Not tonight. Read the room. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

He went for a TD and would have got it without Jones hitting him as he threw.  Can't really complain about that one.

The defense was disappointing overall.  KC's offense was significantly weaker this season compared to previous seasons, but they probably had their best game against our defense, which is a poor reflection on our defense.  I get it that we had injuries, but our inability to stop KC's rushing attack was surprising.  Our d-line had a bad game, which is particularly frustrating given the resources that have been devoted to that group in terms of draft picks and free agents.  

The last plays were a head scratcher for sure, they were playing to clock it all game then decide for the big hitter. I'd have love a chance at Ravens but I think we all know that was going to be a miracle to win stopping that run offense with those putrid LB's. 

Edited by motorj

Just now, Yobogoya! said:

Bills have routinely been late to adjust under McD, especially in the big games.

I didn’t really see that here…their c tier wrs made multiple huge plays, ours (and diggs) did not. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

WHAT?  How?  Suddenly our D can stop the Chiefs even though they couldnt all game?  What makes you think they dont just get a touchdown probably at will?  Josh went toe-to-toe with Mahommes and almost won again despite having an offense that is not even near the same caliber and coaching that is not in the same stratosphere.

2 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

In the end Brady  wasn’t up to it either.

• Disagree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.