Fitzpatrick and Wood talking trash about Marrone

extrahammer

3 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Doug Marrone should have been named Doug Moron, because he was perhaps the worst coach the Bills have ever had personality wise since John Rauch. Gregg Williams gets an Honorable Mention.

If we are talking dry personality I would think Jauron was the top

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Can we each post a traumatic event in our lives everyday here so we stay in a perpetual state of irritation? 

When I was 8 I got my arm caught in one of those old fashioned revolving doors. Hurt pretty bad. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

When I was 8 I got my arm caught in one of those old fashioned revolving doors. Hurt pretty bad. 

Now let's all close our eyes and relive that moment over and over until we get a full body hives. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

Doug Marrone was our second best drought coach behind McDermott. 

He didn’t like the loser media in Buffalo and who could blame him?

He did finish with the same record McDermott finished in the drought breaking year

4 hours ago, extrahammer said:

I don't listen to Eric Wood's podcast much, but I caught the most recent episode he had with Ryan Fitzpatrick, and they shared some old Doug Marrone stories, talked about how much of ***** he was. Wood said he was growing his hair out once and Marrone told him he looked like an idiot and to get it cut. Fitz also talked about his one meeting with Marrone in Buffalo right before he got cut. Said Marrone was hyping him up talking about how excited they were Fitz was already in Buffalo. Fitz said he never spoke to him again after that but did bump into him in an elevator this year. Wood shared another story about how after the loss to the Jaguars in the playoffs Marrone came up to him saying he would contact him about something they had never discussed before. Just seems to be a pattern of awkward encounters with Marrone every where. 

Marrone opting out was the best thing to ever happen to the Bills. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Um....since we broke the drought McDermott's first year as a Bills coach, how is he a "drought coach"?

McDermott broke the drought coaching Bills to a 9-7 record

Marrone coached Bills to a 9-7 record 

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

There’s some folks that love Jauron and Rex still, I’ll praise mild syphilis over flesh eating gonorrhea all day every day. 

It’s hard to post on a message board, never mind win in the NFL.

‘scuse me, it’s time to punt. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, WotAGuy said:

It’s hard to post on a message board, never mind win in the NFL.

‘scuse me, it’s time to punt. 

To be fair, it’s a lot easier to be aggressive when you have a good offense compared to dog *****.

McDermott is a million times more aggressive now than he was with Tuh and Dennison.

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I remember this. Definitely strange. Marrone strikes me as someone who seems incredibly insecure and very concerned with others perception of him. In addition to these shenanigans with Graham, there was that awkward interview he did which was the first time he spoke after ditching the Bills. The reporter thought it went pretty well and then later that evening he gets a call from Marrone who's all like, "Don't run the interview" for whatever reason. I think the writer had already submitted it by that time. And then I think Marrone was like "whatever" but then called again sometime later and was saying like he spoke to his wife and decided he wanted the interview to be published. Something strange like that. Dude is a bit of a whackadoodle. 

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Wrex was nothing but a lying, lazy, loudmouth ***hole. Marrone was an ***hole too. And he was certainly a mercenary, but he wasn’t lazy and he didn’t ask his team to work harder than he did. Wrex was nothing more than an opportunistic thief here. 

Yeah, but the question was about personality. Who would you rather have a beer with? Anyone who answers Dug Maroon probably needs to be on a watchlist. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Billschinatown said:

The truck was elite.

“Let me tell you, I stripped that damn truck the day I got fired,” Ryan added with a laugh. “!@#$ you guys.”

Ryan, who will move from the Buffalo area to his home in Tennessee after the Super Bowl, replaced the oversized Bills logo on his truck with Clemson colors..."

4 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Doug Marrone should have been named Doug Moron, because he was perhaps the worst coach the Bills have ever had personality wise since John Rauch. Gregg Williams gets an Honorable Mention.

1 hour ago, Billzgobowlin said:

If we are talking dry personality I would think Jauron was the top

Ryan             🤡

Williams        👿

Jauron          😐

Marrone       ☹️ or 🫥

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

So that's how you got your screen name!

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Ryan             🤡

Williams        👿

Jauron          😐

Marrone       🫥

So that's how you got your screen name!

Ha, actually it’s because I’m an urban planner by profession. But I’m going to make that my comic strip background 

7 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Dick "Lurch" Jauron is up there too.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Well, Marrone did bring us Nate Hackett…….obviously…

Nathaniel Hackett is the gift that keeps on giving.

A friend of mine is a chef in NYC and Robert Saleh was having dinner with Arthur Smith in his restaurant the other night.

I was wondering if that meant that Hackett was in jeopardy... although it would really piss off Aaron Diva Rodgers if they fired Hackett.

From the standpoint of the Bills, I hope the Jets don't fire Hackett.

9 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Nathaniel Hackett is the gift that keeps on giving.

A friend of mine is a chef in NYC and Robert Saleh was having dinner with Arthur Smith in his restaurant the other night.

I was wondering if that meant that Hackett was in jeopardy... although it would really piss off Aaron Diva Rodgers if they fired Hackett.

From the standpoint of the Bills, I hope the Jets don't fire Hackett.

Honestly the hate for a coach who had the ghost of Kyle Orton and EJ...

And really hasn't had much in his entire career... Russell Wilson apologized for not giving it what he should

It's kind of asinine and shows how Petty some Bills fans are

The dude was a quarterback coach for Blake bortles when he threw four 4,000 yards and 35 touchdowns which would have been career records in Buffalo..

And everybody in the league keeps giving him jobs because he does know football

He just shouldn't be a head coach... He's a really good quarterbacks coach though but people act like he shouldn't be coaching JV

They hate on the website for him is like somebody who stole their girlfriend

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

And really hasn't had much in his entire career... Russell Wilson apologized for not giving it what he should

The dude was a quarterback coach for Blake bortles when he threw four 4,000 yards and 35 touchdowns which would have been career records in Buffalo..

He just shouldn't be a head coach... He's a really good quarterbacks coach though but people act like he shouldn't be coaching JV

Pretty much all true…I think the problem is that there’s the presumption of nepotism, along with his extroverted personality and exuberance, that turns people off.  Saying dumb stuff like “we’ll feed Spiller until he pukes”….and obviously his HC tenure in Denver was an unmitigated disaster.

No question he’s a good dude and obviously knows football, and it certainly can’t have been easy in Buffalo working for that jackass Marrone.

19 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

fuckyeaaaahhhh.0.gif

I still can’t believe the Rex era happened. That whole thing was like a fever dream. 

It started out with “Is this thing on? Because it’s gonna be on!!”

Can’t criticize his enthusiasm, especially if compared to a drone Dick Jauron and his “It’s hard to win in the NFL”

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think you're overreacting.

I said Hackett was "the gift that keeps on giving" and that "I hope the Jets don't fire him."

Hackett has spent essentially 11 years as an NFL OC. He did a good job in one of those years. In my book he gets zero credit for his 3 years with Aaron Rodgers on account of Matt LaFleur being the real OC and the success LaFleur has continued to have post-Rodgers and post-Davante Adams. He gets as much credit for Aaron Rodgers as does Alex Van Pelt.

Hackett is a run of the mill coach who's ridden his father's coattails and a mediocrity as an OC.

You're right. He should be a QBs coach, not a coordinator.

15 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

Can’t criticize his enthusiasm, especially if compared to a drone Dick Jauron and his “It’s hard to win in the NFL”

Fun Fact:  That is also how McDermott's first press conference started out :D

4 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Rex was absolutely the antidote to Jauron, in that regard. Thankfully, both their tenures are in the distant past.

On 1/20/2024 at 4:38 PM, jimmy10 said:

Yeah, but the question was about personality. Who would you rather have a beer with? Anyone who answers Dug Maroon probably needs to be on a watchlist. 

The question was which had the worst personality. I wouldn’t want to have a beer with either of those two A-holes. Marrone was purely a mercenary while Wrex was a a lying thief. The latter is far worse. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.