What is your gut telling you right now?

That this is the week we actually connect on one of those deep balls where the receiver has a step or more on the trailing DB.  We've had about 1 perfect opportunity for those a week for like 2 months now, and to my recollection haven't actually connected on any of them.

(Note: I don't just mean deep shots in general, like Diggs' great contested catch last week.  I mean more like Gabe's 99 yard TD against the Steelers last year.)

My gut is telling me that late night Mighty Taco i ate was a bad idea. For the big game tho? Its hard to pick against the BILLS at home in January vs our rival KC.

This has been a goal of ours since those 13 seconds. We have KC at home, now its time to take advantage of it.

This team has surprised me & even impressed me with how resilient they have been thruout these past couple years.

Now they can put all the bs aside & just focus on 1 thing, winning the next game. I think they do, but its important we get out to a fast start.

We cant revert back to a few weeks ago where our offense doesn't get started til the 2nd qtr. Thats not gonna fly vs KC.

Sitting on the sidelines at Highmark in the cold, looking up at the scoreboard to see you're losing, while Josh & the BILLS offense maintains drives & keeps you off the field, it has to suck. That's what i hope to see vs KC

43 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

I wouldn't sleep on Mahomes coming back even if we're up by 17.  

Per my initial post here, if we go up and start playing conservatively on offense to "kill the clock" or whatever, IMO that will be a mistake.  We need to try to score on every single drive.  

Otherwise, to add to what you said, TOs will also be key.  We are 8-2 when the opponent commits 2+ TOs.  We are 3-5 when we commit 2+ TOs.  So there's that.  

I will. Mahomes couldn’t come back in our earlier meeting. He’s only 3-4 when an opponent scores 10 points first this year.

I feel pretty relaxed going into this one.  We've gone toe-to-toe with the Chiefs enough over the past few years to know what's in store.  It's going to be a hell of a game and a tough victory for whomever moves on to the AFC Championship.  And in some ways, given our start and the injuries to the defense, it feels like we are playing with house money at this point.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

KC is 9-0-1 against the spread on the road since 2017

KC has been to 5 straight AFC Championship games

^^^^^^^ This

Also throw in the 3 Superbowls, 2 championships, and Mahomes only playoff losses against Brady x 2 (one OT) and Burrow (OT).

Obviously would love to be dead wrong but I'll believe it when I see it.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

KC has only played 10 road games since 2017?  Somebody needs to talk to the schedule makers about this...it's an outrage!

Also, they've been to those AFCCGs playing at home the whole time.

When has Mahomes ever faced the sort of road environment he's walking into Sunday night?

And...drum roll...he doesn't have the better team...

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

The emergence of Rashee Rice is a little concerning, though. It gives Mahomes somewhat of a legitimate threat outside of Kelce

Said all along this would happen come playoff time especially since everyone things the key to the Chiefs offensive struggles this year is just stopping/limiting Kelce.

Rice torched a much better Dolphins secondary than the Bills and definitely could see another monster game against the Bills who aren't going to be near 100% healthy even if key guys play.

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Said all along this would happen come playoff time especially since everyone things the key to the Chiefs offensive struggles this year is just stopping/limiting Kelce.

Rice torched a much better Dolphins secondary than the Bills and definitely could see another monster game against the Bills who aren't going to be near 100% healthy even if key guys play.

bye bye!

My gut doesn't know what to think. One the one hand the Chiefs' O hasn't been clicking. On the other hand, our injuries on D.

Kelsey hasn't been great since he started dating TS. My guess is that he's being drained of his precious bodily fluids.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

The emergence of Rashee Rice is a little concerning, though. It gives Mahomes somewhat of a legitimate threat outside of Kelce

Rice, Kelce and Pacheco if you can stop 2 of the 3 I think you can stop the Chiefs offense. 

18 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

They've only played 10 times on the road since 2017?  :)  

9 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

They might have the names, but as a unit they are not that great 

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Against the spread.... 

6 minutes ago, major said:

I said this in another thread, but I feel our bills win 35-10. That’s what my gut tells me 

This would be absolutely amazing.  It's certainly possible.  

I really expect Mahomes to be fired up to prove the narrative wrong about the road  (granted he is 10 TD & 8 INT away this year)

I also think their whole team will still be pissed from the Toney incident, and use it as their motivation 

27 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Against the spread.... 

They've played at least eight road games a season since 2017.  That's 56 games.  Do you mean as road dogs?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

The Bills did not lobby for that rule change. The Chiefs did, however, after losing to NE in overtime in 2018.

change

Splitting hairs really. It was indeed implemented after the 13 seconds game fiasco. 

Interestingly enough, this is only the 11th time Mahomes has ever been an underdog and the 2nd postseason game he has been an underdog. This is also the Largest spread he has seen as last years Super Bowl finished at Chiefs +1 or +1.5 

2 minutes ago, Cvanvol7 said:

Interestingly enough, this is only the 11th time Mahomes has ever been an underdog and the 2nd postseason game he has been an underdog. This is also the Largest spread he has seen as last years Super Bowl finished at Chiefs +1 or +1.5 

As if the Chiefs didn't need anymore motivation....especially after the Toney Offside call and everyone throwing out the 'Mahomes has never played a road playoff game' stuff despite the fact the Superbowl is a road game and he's 2-1 there.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

As if the Chiefs didn't need anymore motivation....especially after the Toney Offside call and everyone throwing out the 'Mahomes has never played a road playoff game' stuff despite the fact the Superbowl is a road game and he's 2-1 there.

The Bills are also the last team to beat them as Underdogs and the only team to ever be favored in Arrowhead since Mahomes first three games of his career... 

Just now, Cvanvol7 said:

The Bills are also the last team to beat them as Underdogs and the only team to ever be favored in Arrowhead since Mahomes first three games of his career... 

I'm well aware of that but I can tell you the Chiefs care about that as much as Allen winning 3 straight regular season games there....it's as meaningless as it gets.

This is also why I wish in some ways the Bills would have lost that game earlier this year, obviously wouldn't have won the division but they'd have a much better shot than trying to beat the Chiefs twice in the same season (regular + playoffs) which is something only Joe Burrow can hold claim too.

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm well aware of that but I can tell you the Chiefs care about that as much as Allen winning 3 straight regular season games there....it's as meaningless as it gets.

This is also why I wish in some ways the Bills would have lost that game earlier this year, obviously wouldn't have won the division but they'd have a much better shot than trying to beat the Chiefs twice in the same season (regular + playoffs) which is something only Joe Burrow can hold claim too.

so we'd have been playing the Wild Card on the road.... no thanks 

16 minutes ago, Cvanvol7 said:

Now I wanna know what he thinks the spread is....... 

Mahomes is 8-1-1 ATS as an underdog which is the stat that scares me the most.  I'm not sure if that includes 2017 because he only started one game that year.

Edited by Doc Brown

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Mahomes is 8-1-1 ATS as a road underdog which is the stat that scares me the most.  I'm not sure if that includes 2017 because he only started one game that year.

That's actually total underdog in his career. 7-3 Straight up. Only losses to Brady, Goff (lol) and Allen. It does include 2017.  

I think our LBs will be fine.  We stop the KC running game.  We stop the passing game with our secondary (CBs also fine).  We come at KCs improved D with multiple looks like we did to PGH by running, using Kincaid, etc, and throw in some deep to Diggs, and we win by 7-10.  

26 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Superbowl is usually neutral site, not a road game. Tampa was the exception but that was Covid year where the stadium was nearly empty.

17 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

For everyone who said they are calm, I look forward to your manic posts like 5 minutes into the game in the gameday thread. 

That’s what the GDT is for! It should never be taken too seriously,

• Agree 1

My gut feeling was the team almost didnt make the playoffs and managed to win the division. I feel better about the situation than I did before that is for sure. 

I feel the Chiefs are not as strong as usual but if the Bills are not productive enough at stealing time and scoring points the Chiefs will take advantage of being allowed to hang around. 

If the Bills don't dominate and the score is close then I fear prevent defense and playing not to lose and will probably lose. 

The only team that can beat the Bills are themselves. 

Edited by Lfod

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.