Josh Allen with another bills record

scuba guy

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

As much as I love Jim, Josh is the best QB to ever play here.  I dont know if he will ever win a Super Bowl but the guy is the closest thing to Brett Farve I've seen.   He is chaos personified.  

Been saying this for 3 years now

2 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Longest QB run in the playoffs as a Bill too (2nd longest of all time). 

And his rushes are mostly from more than a couple of yards out. Not being pushed over the line at the one.

Josh put the team on his back. I don't think the Bills would have won that with any other QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

Been saying this for 3 years now

I know Brett has been kind of a jerk post NFL but he was by far my favorite player in the NFL all time.   Now we have a more athletic Favre close to home.   Josh drives me nuts at times, and I've always said he is the 2nd best QB in the NFL.  That said, I am starting to think he is the best player in the game right now, turnovers or not. 

• Agree 1

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

I know Brett has been kind of a jerk post NFL but he was by far my favorite player in the NFL all time.   Now we have a more athletic Favre close to home.   Josh drives me nuts at times, and I've always said he is the 2nd best QB in the NFL.  That said, I am starting to think he is the best player in the game right now, turnovers or not. 

This can all be settled by hoisting the Lombardi 😉. Today was Allens best playoff game imo 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

As much as I love Jim, Josh is the best QB to ever play here.  I dont know if he will ever win a Super Bowl but the guy is the closest thing to Brett Farve I've seen.   He is chaos personified.  

Hands down. Kelly was surrounded by HOF talent and that’s not to take anything away from him. He’s a great QB, but Allen has the potential to be top 5 all time if he can get at least a couple rings. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

38 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Putting in perspective Josh just passed Steve Young for playoff TD passes in his career Steve Young played till he was 38

Putting in perspective rules have changed a lot and Steve Young had to wait for another HoF QB to leave.

17 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Kelsey better not let T Swift see him play next week.

How did you know Chris Kelsey was being pulled out of retirement due to injuries?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Reminds me more of Elway than Favre. The way he seems to have eyes in the back of his helmet and avoids sacks. Elway was a gunslinger to and threw a fair number of picks as well. A little of both I guess plus some Cam for sure. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Big Jimbo fan but even he commented earlier this year that Josh is the best Bills QB ever. I was surprised the comments didn't get more play... probably local media trying to show Jimbo respect by not making a big deal about it.

1 hour ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Did you see all the post season passing + running stats records he has now. Even games won by a certain age. 
The funny thing is no one here would say he’s a stats guy. He wants to win. 

There are QBs whose stats make you think they might be better than they are (I'm looking at you, Tua and Justin H).

Josh Allen is the opposite... a QB for whom stats don't even begin to reflect his greatness.

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Josh drives me nuts at times, and I've always said he is the 2nd best QB in the NFL.  That said, I am starting to think he is the best player in the game right now, turnovers or not. 

One thing is for sure... Josh and Mahomes are the 2 best, head and shoulders. There are some QBs that are ascending as we speak but they are not yet in the same class as the Big 2.

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

This can all be settled by hoisting the Lombardi 😉. Today was Allens best playoff game imo 

59 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I've had a wonderful life.   Blessed beyond belief.  If the Bills win one, they can bury me with a smile on my face.  

52 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Hands down. Kelly was surrounded by HOF talent and that’s not to take anything away from him. He’s a great QB, but Allen has the potential to be top 5 all time if he can get at least a couple rings

I've been following the Bills since 1968. I vividly recall Dan Darragh, Ed Rutkowski, Tom Flores, and Kay Stephenson attempting to impersonate a QB for the Bills.

I would like to see a Super Bowl win as much as anyone but... Josh is my favorite Bills (and NFL) player of all time and I'm so appreciative that Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold were drafted so that we could have Josh as a Buffalo Bill. If they don't win one in my lifetime, I'll still be grateful for and fondly remember the Josh Allen era. It's been at least as exciting and enjoyable as the Super Bowl years.

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What impressed me the most tonight was that late in the game on two drives after the Steeler's threatened to make it a game Allen led the Bills to a FG and a TD.  Those 10 points won the game and some people a lot of money.  Allen was cool and collected and absolutely lethal on those two drives.

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

25 TDs and 4 INTs 

It's amazing.

IDK why there is that narrative by some that Josh chokes in big moments. In playoff and must win games, he has been pulled through way more than not. The bad OT record is not on him.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

And 16th rushing TD In a season...No other QB has this record.

They mentioned this in the broadcast of the game and it didn't seem right to me so I checked.

This year Josh and Jalen tied for the regular season NFL record for QB rushing TDs with 15.

Last year Jalen Hurts had 13 rushing TDs in the regular season and 5 rushing TDs in the playoffs... total of 18.

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

What impressed me the most tonight was that late in the game on two drives after the Steeler's threatened to make it a game Allen led the Bills to a FG and a TD.  Those 10 points won the game and some people a lot of money.  Allen was cool and collected and absolutely lethal on those two drives.

4 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

IDK why there is that narrative by some that Josh chokes in big moments. In playoff and must win games, he has been pulled through way more than not. The bad OT record is not on him.

I expected Josh to play a virtually mistake-free game today.

This belief was based partly on Josh's past playoff record as you guys point out.

It was also based on the fact that he seems to be taking the layups much more than he was earlier in the season. I've said before that Dorsey's biggest failure as OC was his inability to reign in Josh's worst impulses.

Joe Brady has Josh playing much more like he did under Daboll... maybe even more disciplined than that.

Josh could do a Tom Brady impersonation all game long if he wanted to. He's deadly accurate in the short, horizontal passing game.

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

He can’t even get voted All-Pro or the crappy Pro Bowl.  It’s astonishing 

On top of the fact that he was never a front runner for MVP.

How many NFL GMs would take Lamar Jackson over Josh Allen?

The answer is zero.

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

This year Josh and Jalen tied for the regular season NFL record for QB rushing TDs with 15.

Last year Jalen Hurts had 13 rushing TDs in the regular season and 5 rushing TDs in the playoffs... total of 18.

And let's be fair. Most of Hurts' TD are 1-2 yarders and thanks to his great OLine. He is a good runner, but those TDs are mostly because of his OLine.

Lamar, Josh, Fields have more "real" rush TDs.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He was exceptional tonight. 

17-0 when he doesn't turn the ball over.  Now if we could only find a formula for 80% of our defense not getting injured.

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Hands down. Kelly was surrounded by HOF talent and that’s not to take anything away from him. He’s a great QB, but Allen has the potential to be top 5 all time if he can get at least a couple rings. 

Love Jim but Josh could run circles athletically around Kelly. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.