Wildcard round - Steelers Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

Would love to hear from the refs postgame why the fumble out of bounds stood as called. It was certainly a fumble and Spector certainly recovered it in bounds. If the call stands as called they should have stated the ball hit the TE while he was out of bounds if that was their reasoning. If that was the not reason then it was a horrible review!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, vincec said:

They thought the ball grazed the TEs helmet while he was out-of-bounds. Therefore, it’s OOB.

From any camera angle available to the TV audience there was no evidence the ball hit the helmet of Freiermuth, but no proof it didn't.  It seemed to be one of those cases where if the official had ruled it a fumble recovered by Buffalo, it would have stood in the replay, but there was no clear and obvious evidence to overturn the call they made.

On another subject, I think Pittsburgh was a good team for the Bills to be forced to play Klein.  He's smart, a sound tackler and good against the run.  It's a tougher matchup trying to play him against KC.   Bernard's skill set would seem to be a far better match for KC's offense. 

Edited by BigAl2526
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Would love to hear from the refs postgame why the fumble out of bounds stood as called. It was certainly a fumble and Spector certainly recovered it in bounds. If the call stands as called they should have stated the ball hit the TE while he was out of bounds if that was their reasoning. If that was the not reason then it was a horrible review!

I think they said the ball hit his helmet while out of bounds 

Edited by scuba guy
Typo

2 minutes ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Who is the worse tackler? Sam Martin or Von Miller?

Has Miller decided he doesn't like tackling anymore?

Gotta go with Martin at this point as Martin is only two tackles away from surpassing Miller. I have no clue why he’s even active anymore. Any other player wouldn’t see the field with his results and frankly overall effort.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

51 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Anyone have a clip of AJ Klein's postgame? Heard he gave a good interview after

31 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

We're unstoppable with "emergency food" on our side.

5 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

Sounds like their ball boy Wilkins could hit free agency.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Anyone have a clip of AJ Klein's postgame? Heard he gave a good interview after

Not sure this will work but it’s on Buffalobills.com as one of the press conferences

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/a-j-klein-happy-to-be-back-after-bills-wild-card-win-buffalo-bills

It’s pretty incredible.  He was home, enjoying Christmas with his family in Carolina, getting ready to drive to Key West.

Beane called Monday to see if he’d be interested, he talked to his family and then Beane again on Tues, flew in Weds, practiced Thurs and Friday

Then Monday he was wearing the green dot, calling the defensive plays as the MLB in a playoff win.  He said the first few plays weren’t good, he had to get his feet wet, then it went all right.  Said it’s like riding a bicycle, you don’t forget.

Wow

6 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

I think they said the ball hit his heel while out of bounds 

I don’t think his heel was anywhere near the ball, but the claim was perhaps it hit his helmet while the rest of him was OOB.  I don’t think so, and the Pet Officiating Expert didn’t think so but, we won so Whatever

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

From any camera angle available to the TV audience there was no evidence the ball hit the helmet of Freiermuth, but no proof it didn't.  It seemed to be one of those cases where if the official had ruled it a fumble recovered by Buffalo, it would have stood in the replay, but there was no clear and obvious evidence to overturn the call they made.

On another subject, I think Pittsburgh was a good team for the Bills to be forced to play Klein.  He's smart, a sound tackler and good against the run.  It's a tougher matchup trying to play him against KC.   Bernard's skill set would seem to be a far better match for KC's offense. 

Bernard played very well against KC earlier and I agree, in general better skill set.

But even if it’s the best case and he has a grade I or II sprain with no need for surgical repair, I think it’s very unlikely we see his skill set on the field next Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I just noticed the Steelers had in fact the 6th best defense in football this year and the Bills scored the most points on their defense tonight that they had given up all year even with the two field goal botches….impressive 

Impressive for sure, it definitely helped having TJ watt out of the game mind you.

But ya offence was very solid tonight 

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Not sure this will work but it’s on Buffalobills.com as one of the press conferences

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/a-j-klein-happy-to-be-back-after-bills-wild-card-win-buffalo-bills

It’s pretty incredible.  He was home, enjoying Christmas with his family in Carolina, getting ready to drive to Key West.

Beane called Monday to see if he’d be interested, he talked to his family and then Beane again on Tues, flew in Weds, practiced Thurs and Friday

Then Monday he was wearing the green dot, calling the defensive plays as the MLB in a playoff win.  He said the first few plays weren’t good, he had to get his feet wet, then it went all right.  Said it’s like riding a bicycle, you don’t forget.

Wow

I don’t think his heel was anywhere near the ball, but the claim was perhaps it hit his helmet while the rest of him was OOB.  I don’t think so, and the Pet Officiating Expert didn’t think so but, we won so Whatever

Sorry helmet 

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Good to see how far this franchise has come.

From running over drunk Canadian chicks in 2008 to lovingly autographing their signs in 2024

Truly humble and hungry.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Haha (+1) 6

27 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

I think they said the ball hit his helmet while out of bounds 

I think the reality was- that they couldn’t prove that it didn’t hit his helmet while he was out of bounds.  From the angles I saw- now showed that it DID his his helmet- problem being- none showed it didn’t either. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I just noticed the Steelers had in fact the 6th best defense in football this year and the Bills scored the most points on their defense tonight that they had given up all year even with the two field goal botches….impressive 

Yes. It's nice to see some perspective on this victory!

I peaked at the game day thread and all I could see was "Fire McDermott",  "Cut Dawson Knox" . . . "this is so Billsy," "this kind of collapse could only happen to the Bills."

People either have very low IQs OR  no perspective of reality on how the NFL works—thinking that any performance that is less than absolutely perfect is unacceptable. Very few teams play perfectly.

Actually, teams blow leads all the time. Actually, it's hard to beat a Mike Tomlin coached team . . . . they were super physical—and Buffalo matched their physicality.

Not a perfect performance but so many positives to take away from this game.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

19 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Impressive for sure, it definitely helped having TJ watt out of the game mind you.

But ya offence was very solid tonight 

That’s true but they can have TJ if the Bills can have back like their the entire injured list

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Gotta go with Martin at this point as Martin is only two tackles away from surpassing Miller. I have no clue why he’s even active anymore. Any other player wouldn’t see the field with his results and frankly overall effort.

He had at least one very good pressure that led to an incompletion. I believe it was on third down too.  Other than that, he was pretty much invisible 

46 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Dirty ass team, there was also a play where a defender gator rolled Cooks ankle as he was going out of bounds.

Stupid look, I'd still take him here, then again I just want a better WR2 it doesn't have to be him.

and one I posted where the defender jump on Diggs back like he was going for a ride when Diggs didnt even have the ball.

43 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Kaiir Elam giveth and he taketh away!! 

This dude makes zero sense ha. 

…Balled out last playoffs. 

…Bizarro season where he’s hurt, maybe, doesn’t play.. can’t get on the field.

…Forced into action due to injury in a playoff game, again.

-Gets trucked 

-Insane penalty 

-Flawless defense and filthy ball skills, pick

-Holds his own the rest of the game 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

-Gets trucked 

-Insane penalty 

My best guess is that the kid has a higher ceiling and lower floor than the rest of the outside guys. 

He can ball.

But he needs more reps.

McD likes the operating windows of a couple other guys better. Less risk. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

-Gets trucked 

-Insane penalty 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

My best guess is that the kid has a higher ceiling and lower floor than the rest of the outside guys. 

He can ball.

But he needs more reps.

Feels like a guy who CAN really contribute at a high level, but...lacks consistency in fundamentals, reads, execution, etc. 

Love the way he's shown up at times. Gotta have contributions from those high picks. Just hope he doesn't fall back again into mediocrity. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

He can ball.

But he needs more reps.

I don't think it's that complicated Benford is good, Douglass is very good, and Elam hadn't played since his injury, figuring it out with him in the Playoffs was probably plan D. Which of course we landed on. But next man up and he may be getting his footing again.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Because bass had low trajectory on three kicks prior to that point.  He was not hitting it well today. 

He hasn’t been hitting it well all year. I honestly think we need to sign a new kicker or at least bring one in for tryouts. Or maybe just accept the fact our kicker has the yips and go for it on 4th down more. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.