1/15/24 Super WildCard Playoff GAMEDAY Bills vs Steelers Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Just now, Steptide said:

Cowher picked the steelers 15-13 🤮

I know, but he kind of has to.  I don't hold that one against him.

He almost said it tongue and cheek.

What if Jim Kelly was doing this stuff on TV?  Would you ever want him to NOT take the Bills in all playoff games!?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Putin said:

He really believes Steelers will be able to score 15 points ?????

He put emphasis on FIVE field goals being the secret to success, while kind of laughing.

He was just being loyal; he knows we will kill them, even if he is an idiot.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Simms picks Buffalo; Bill takes Pittsburgh; Nate takes Buffalo

Boomer takes Buffalo.

I hate the homer announcers always taking their team. It’s just annoying and they come off as ill informed. Cowher taking Pitt and Irving always taking the Cowboys. If they can’t get their bias out of it they shouldn’t pick. 

20 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

PLAYOFFS BABY!

-OH, and Miami lost in KC 🤣

Don’t get me started on the ‘we don’t need a dome’ conversation! Yet again, the Bills had to re-schedule a game due to WNY Winter weather. 🙄 I guess we have to be thankful it’s still being played where we deserve and earned the right to play! Our 5 game winning streak to finish our wildly unpredictable season gifts us with a Home playoff game vs. the equally unexpected Steelers. They’ve won their last 3 games to punch their ticket on the final week of the regular season as well. The calendar says it’s still early winter, but we’re in the thick of winters’ meanness with tons of snow and wild winds that drop the ‘feels like’ to sub zero! Following our latest snowpocalpse, we should see milder winds today, which is great news for us.

https://youtu.be/9SIMiBfO3eM?si=G8tJ8IMGV3Qct7i3

While we escaped south Florida with hats & t-shirts, we didn’t escape the omnipresent injuries. ‘Big Game’ Gabe Davis and Taylor Rapp hobbled out of Miami and are no-go’s for today. Every team left have significant injuries -including Pittsburgh. So buckle the chinstraps and get after it with what you have!

Mike Tomlin is in town. Meaning Defense, solid STs and an excellent run game will be featured. Mason Rudolph has stepped in admirably for Kenny Pickett, being efficient while capable of connecting on long balls. WR’s Diontae Johnson and George Pickens can be scary good, so we have to be ready for everything! Tomlin & McDermott are long time friends and college teammates, so both teams can expect a few wrinkles and surprises. Even with the future HOFer TJ Watt out, Pittsburgh can generate a strong pass rush -as the Ravens learned last week. Add in a greedy Secondary and disrespect for being a double-digit underdog and they’ll be ready!

For our Hero’s, RaSUUUUL may play due to the postponement and we need him -as well as others who stepped up admirably last week at LB, DB, WR & OT. Imo, Khalil Shakir has earned WR2, both in production and trust with teammates. Our enigmatic WR Stefon Diggs played great last week and we’ll NEED him to again! I anticipate he’ll deliver. Sam Martin won AFCSTPOTM and Harty’s punt return thrilled us with the play of the game in Miami! Our OL, while no world beaters, are the only Line in the League to start every game! This in itself is remarkable! They’ve been the most important aspect in our philosophical change to commit to the Run game. They’re a solid group and could be even better next season.

Then, there’s Josh Allen.

One could argue he was the Dolphins best player last week. Until the game was on the line, that is. Our incredible Superman literally WILLED the Bills to victory! Yes, other players made important contributions, but they fed off Allen’s refuse to lose mantra!

‘Mr. Chaos’ told everybody in November he was back and he’s been delivering at an MVP level ever since! Winning is essential to him and his NO QUIT is why we’re in the playoffs and we should expect this to continue. And you KNOW what means!..

“4 MORE!”

WE GOTTA BELIEVE! 

GO BILLS!

Thanks, Chandler, for your efforts in creating these threads all year.  Very much appreciated , and certainly hoping for at least one more week.  (But seriously man, the dome thing is over 😎) Go Bills.

Edited by FLFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 97bills said:

Can we just get a big lead so I’m not so nervous, please 

It could be 70-0 with 3 minutes let’s and I’ll be counting the square footage in my living room 

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I know, but he kind of has to.  I don't hold that one against him.

He almost said it tongue and cheek.

What if Jim Kelly was doing this stuff on TV?  Would you ever want him to NOT take the Bills in all playoff games!?

I think I was vomiting more because of the score he picked. He said the steelers will win with 5 fg's. I mean if that is the outcome, gonna be a really long week and off season 

2 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Him and Diggs definitely did ugly sweater day. 

Allen's fleece was awesome. Diggs looks like he took up crocheting last week and doesn't quite know how the notation works.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Buffalo is definitely not a "Storied franchise."

We do have a great fanbase though, we all know that.

Ummm…I guess it depends on how we define “storied.” I’d say we have our fair share of notoriety, stories and history both positive and negative. Jacksonville, Charlotte for example, would qualify as not storied franchises imho 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.