Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

1 minute ago, KCNC said:

Depends on where the lake effect band sets up.  Strong winds a slam dunk for Sunday.  Snow amounts unknown at this time, per NWS

How strong? Because nucci just had somehting that said 20 MPH, which I can live with. Conditions like the 6-0 wind game in 2021? Issue.

1 hour ago, Mynamemike said:

I find his speeches so cringe and his constant F-bombs are forced and sounds kind of silly. The guy comes across as trying to fit in and be accepted by his players, maybe he works out or maybe he doesn’t but I came away more appreciative of McDermott after watching, for whatever that’s worth.

Edited by julian
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

How strong? Because nucci just had somehting that said 20 MPH, which I can live with. Conditions like the 6-0 wind game in 2021? Issue.

looking more like maybe the Divisional Round game against Baltimore 3 years ago.

8 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

looking more like maybe the Divisional Round game against Baltimore 3 years ago.

Let's hope not.  Baltimore had 150 yards rushing in that game, we had 32.  

Don't see that being a winning formula on Sunday.  Pittsburgh also has much better skill position players than the Ravens had then.  

Pittsburgh may be a better team than most realize.  They're 10-7 in a battle hardened division.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1

My ludicrous roster/personnel usage take of the day, which will make you say "Logic's an idiot":

I think Leonard Fournette should get an equal snap (and usage) share with Cook. Perhaps even be the primary ball carrier.

Cook has fumbled (or nearly fumbled) just enough to make me a bit nervous about the wet/snowy conditions this Sunday, plus he hasn't been super effective running the ball as of late.

Cook has fumbled four times this season across 237 carries, which equates to one fumble per 59 carries.

Fournette, meanwhile, has fumbled four times in his entire CAREER, spanning 1,144 carries, which equates to one fumble per 286 carries.

Fournette also has that "I don't wanna tackle this dude on a 19 degree night" build and power.

Give me more Playoff Lenny and less Cook this week.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

Just now, PBF81 said:

Let's hope not.  Baltimore had 150 yards rushing in that game, we had 32.  

Don't see that being a winning formula on Sunday.  Pittsburgh also has much better skill position players than the Ravens had then.  

True.  I think Huntley had like 50-60 of those yards in garbage time though, after Lamar went down with the concussion and we were up 17-3!  (Could be wrong though)

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

True.  I think Huntley had like 50-60 of those yards in garbage time though, after Lamar went down with the concussion and we were up 17-3!  (Could be wrong though)

Steelers have a lot more options than the Ravens had.  

24 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Nothing like the NE "wind" game but certainly enough to cause issues, especially when you add lake effect snow in with it.  I am guessing 20-25 sustained with gusts higher during snow squalls.

1 minute ago, KCNC said:

Nothing like the NE "wind" game but certainly enough to cause issues, especially when you add lake effect snow in with it.  I am guessing 20-25 sustained with gusts higher during snow squalls.

@NWSBUFFALO is a good follow on twitter for the latest.

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

My ludicrous roster/personnel usage take of the day, which will make you say "Logic's an idiot":

I think Leonard Fournette should get an equal snap (and usage) share with Cook. Perhaps even be the primary ball carrier.

Cook has fumbled (or nearly fumbled) just enough to make me a bit nervous about the wet/snowy conditions this Sunday, plus he hasn't been super effective running the ball as of late.

Cook has fumbled four times this season across 237 carries, which equates to one fumble per 59 carries.

Fournette, meanwhile, has fumbled four times in his entire CAREER, spanning 1,144 carries, which equates to one fumble per 286 carries.

Fournette also has that "I don't wanna tackle this dude on a 19 degree night" build and power.

Give me more Playoff Lenny and less Cook this week.

I don't think that's a bad idea at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

If some fans want to worry, then they can worry.  Some fans hope for a win, some worry about a loss.

Imagine how much crazier this board would be if the Bengals beat the Steelers 3 weeks ago.

The Bills would be hosting the Bengals.  This place would be insane with gloom and doom.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

If some fans want to worry, then they can worry.  Some fans hope for a win, some worry about a loss.

Imagine how much crazier this board would be if the Bengals beat the Steelers 3 weeks ago.

The Bills would be hosting the Bengals.  This place would be insane with gloom and doom.

I get your point, but it's not like the Bills have been a juggernaut this year, or in past playoff appearances.  

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Most seem to be looking at it objectively, hoping for the best, ready to cheer their brains out, hoping that "the stars align" while hoping for fandemonium in Buffalo throughout the month of February.  

😎

• Agree 1

Michael Irvin and Richard Sherman on their show with Skip think the Bills are a flimsy #2 seed and Pittsburgh will be super physical and punch us in the mouth.  I guess that means the Bills D and Oline won't be physical and will get pushed around all game.  Okay.

I’ve seen too much from the Bills this season and believe this game will come down to the last possession. Predicting a Bills win but it will be close.

Edited by Beast

8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Michael Irvin and Richard Sherman on their show with Skip think the Bills are a flimsy #2 seed and Pittsburgh will be super physical and punch us in the mouth.  I guess that means the Bills D and Oline won't be physical and will get pushed around all game.  Okay.

Well, is quite possible that we are a "flimsy #2 seed." We'll find out on Sunday.

The Steelers are in the toughest division in the league with three teams in the playoffs and the fourth only eliminated in week 18.  Two of their teams running with backup QBs.  

The Steelers are a physical, not a finesse, team.  They're only one game worse than us with a tougher schedule.

Edited by PBF81

7 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Why does anyone watch these shows?  

• Thank you (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Are the Bills having some outdoor practice in the stadium on some of these windy days?  They should, at least for portions of it..

I hear on WGR this morning that the last time the Steelers played in Buffalo (2022) it was extremely windy, though not cold. The Bills smashed Pittsburgh that day and the passing game was on point.

I don’t think weather will hurt either team with what they want to do. And, to be honest, the wind can be blowing one way one day and another the next so I’m not so sure it would make that much of a difference practicing in it.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I disagree. I think the Bills figured it out in the second half of Dolphins game. If defense stops Steelers running game then Bills will win

I agree with this. Also game flow for me. Not a lot of space against Miami, I thought it would've been better if we tried getting Fournette more involved, especially at the 5, where he can carry guys for 1-3 yds, when there isn't a hole to run through. Also.... Fournette absolutely loves playing against Pitt.

• Like (+1) 2

Until the last few weeks, I thought the Steelers were 100% frauds.  There is something to be said for eeking out wins in close games, so I have to give them credit for that - but they were one of the luckiest teams in the league to be in the position they were heading into the final weeks.

Since they began starting Rudolph, they've looked like a different team.  That concerns me much more than some wind.  But I still think they're the best draw in the AFC, and a team we should beat 8x out of 10.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

I hear on WGR this morning that the last time the Steelers played in Buffalo (2022) it was extremely windy, though not cold. The Bills smashed Pittsburgh that day and the passing game was on point.

I don’t think weather will hurt either team with what they want to do. And, to be honest, the wind can be blowing one way one day and another the next so I’m not so sure it would make that much of a difference practicing in it.

night and day difference. It was October, a moderate Fall day, and not nearly as windy as what is projected. 

• Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, Beast said:

That was an early october game

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Until the last few weeks, I thought the Steelers were 100% frauds.  There is something to be said for eeking out wins in close games, so I have to give them credit for that - but they were one of the luckiest teams in the league to be in the position they were heading into the final weeks.

Since they began starting Rudolph, they've looked like a different team.  That concerns me much more than some wind.  But I still think they're the best draw in the AFC, and a team we should beat 8x out of 10.

McDermott just said this is the most physical football team they have seen this year.  

The injury list is long and this is really concerning.

13 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

night and day difference. It was October, a moderate Fall day, and not nearly as windy as what is projected. 

https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/us/ny/buffalo/KBUF/date/2022-10-9

Weather Underground says average windspeed was 22 mph with gusts up to 36 mph during the Bills-Steelers game on October 9, 2022.

Pretty much right on what is forecast for this upcoming game. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Maynard said:

WR Gabe Davis (knee), CB Rasul Douglas (knee), S Taylor Rapp (calf) and LB Tyrel Dodson (shoulder) will not practice today and are day-to-day moving forward throughout the week, according to McDermott.

So they're all playing Sunday.

8 minutes ago, Snowbowl said:

With as nasty as it’s going to be this weekend it seems like a good time to give the Steelers a good dose of Lenny. 

Absolutely.  As dynamic as Cook can be, he is not a guy to grind out the tough yards and I believe one of his drops will cost the Bills dearly in the playoffs. Fournette is looking like an astute F/A signing... 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

How strong? Because nucci just had something that said 20 MPH, which I can live with. Conditions like the 6-0 wind game in 2021? Issue.

I live like 45 mins from Baltimore and I can honestly say, the weather that Pittsburgh beat Baltimore's backups in last Sat night was the absolute worst.  Just a really cold steady soaking rain and a decent wind.

2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

He's got sure hands and can catch the ball out of the backfield.  I'd love to see him hit the second level with a head of steam

See that's my other issue. He was a major asset to Brady in Tampa out of the backfield.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.