Wild Card Weekend - Wild Card Weather

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I think they should pull the plug and move it to Monday right now.

I remember the 2021 NE game thinking conditions have to improve as the forecast was bang on the entire week leading up to the game.....  Never did.

Forecast temp at 13-17, winds at 10-15mph, 50% chance of snow on Monday night. Really not that much better.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Just play the game.  Unless teams and fans can’t get to the stadium play the game.

Disagree.  As said with conditions so bad, it is no longer a football game, but a coin flip in my opinion and the fact the Bills are the better team negated by conditions. 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

My news feed says there’s serious talk about moving the game to Cleveland. Are they saying the same back in WNY? 

That report has been shot down, however that was prior to the forecast that came out this morning.

IMO, it would make the game a home game for the Steelers and the Bills would lose their home field advantage.

Steelers fans will be able to travel safely to Cleveland without a worry about the storm.

Bills fans would need to drive through the storm to get to Cleveland.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Steelers can watch tape of the same game too though, and plan accordingly, right?  Hope I’m wrong, I just suspect we’re going to be doing a lot of nail biting during the game, hoping a bounce goes our way near the end.  On the other hand, if we get up early, I could see the game literally “snowballing” away from Pittsburgh, as they try to mount a comeback only to keep digging themselves into a deeper hole and whatever Bills crowd is there going crazy.

I feel like watching film probably doesn’t do it justice 

24 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Forecast temp at 13-17, winds at 10-15mph, 50% chance of snow on Monday night. Really not that much better.

There is increasing thought the lake snows could extend into Monday and possibly even Tuesday now.

This is going to be a rough winter week in WNY. Can't really complain, we have gotten off Scott Free all winter so far and the lake is at a record warm temperature right now so that was kind of foreboding as it was.

Edited by Big Turk

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

There is increasing thought the lake snows could extend into Monday and possibly even Tuesday now.

This is going to be a rough winter week in WNY. Can't really complain, we have gotten off Scott Free all winter so far and the lake is at a record warm temperature right now so that was kind of foreboding as it was.

I know it's way too early but any thoughts on weather for the game next weekend? Could the high winds and snow linger all week?

Edited by Process

Just now, Process said:

I know it's way too early but any thoughts on weather for the game next weekend? Could the high winds and snow longer all week?

So far it just looks cold without much wind...like 23 and winds 10-15 mph. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Negan said:

If we're getting all that snow, how they going to clear the seats in the stadium?  

Not sure..especially since by the time they clear the seat and get done with a section it will have just as much snow on it as before they cleared it since it will be still snowing heavily. Plus with the wind blowing around it may just blow it back onto the seats 

Edited by Big Turk

30 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

That report has been shot down, however that was prior to the forecast that came out this morning.

IMO, it would make the game a home game for the Steelers and the Bills would lose their home field advantage.

Steelers fans will be able to travel safely to Cleveland without a worry about the storm.

Bills fans would need to drive through the storm to get to Cleveland.

Yeah...it can't be in Cleveland if there was to be an alternate site since it's a stone's throw from Pittsburgh. Their fans would take over, and it would be a Steelers home game

Play it in MetLife

The lake effect forecast appears to be getting worse and I'm sure the NFL is keeping an eye on this along with input from the Bills and Erie County.  The rumor about Cleveland was denied yesterday but where there's smoke there's usually fire.  They can't have 60-70K people risking their lives on state roads getting in and then somehow getting home safely.  I think Cleveland being floated out there makes some sense in that both Buffalo and Pittsburgh can saddle up pretty quickly, last minute, to get over there.  They may hold off on any decision to move until Saturday, which seems kind of nuts but they just don't know where the squall line will set up.

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The lake effect forecast appears to be getting worse and I'm sure the NFL is keeping an eye on this along with input from the Bills and Erie County.  The rumor about Cleveland was denied yesterday but where there's smoke there's usually fire.  They can't have 60-70K people risking their lives on state roads getting in and then somehow getting home safely.  I think Cleveland being floated out there makes some sense in that both Buffalo and Pittsburgh can saddle up pretty quickly, last minute, to get over there.  They may hold off on any decision to move until Saturday, which seems kind of nuts but they just don't know where the squall line will set up.

Yea the denial was not even a denial really lol they said ‘there’s no plans to move the game’ and there likely aren’t yet…doesn’t mean they didn’t talk to Cleveland about being a backup site 

I think it’s too late to have the game Sunday and move it now though so they’re either playing in it or it’s gonna get postponed.  Last time they decided to move Thursday and it was still tough so I’d assume Friday would be even worse 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

50 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

They won’t! (A la the Saturday Night game against the Dolphins last season)

I forgot about this last year. I emptied an entire thing of napkins to clear my seats because there was a solid 4 inches of snow built up on them

I mean I am massively biased, as I will have that day off and will be watching my son, but I would love a Monday game. Wake up, do some game day shopping, absorb the pregame during his nap and then be glued to the TV for the next 8 hours with the Eagles game on next.

It's selfish, and will obviously bear no reality upon any actual decision the league makes. 

1 minute ago, elijah said:

I forgot about this last year. I emptied an entire thing of napkins to clear my seats because there was a solid 4 inches of snow built up on them

I usually generate enough heat from ass that I can melt 4” of snow rather quickly.

• Haha (+1) 1

This is killing my excitement for the game.

Just hoping we find a way and move on.

Fight so hard for 18 weeks to get to a point where we’re potentially looking at, not a football game, but a test of which side can handle blizzard conditions better. 

• Like (+1) 5

Ive only been to 3-4 games but if the wind is 30 MPH how bad is it in the stadium on the field?  If Mason Rudolph comes in here with no Watt and somehow wins this game for PItt. Beane will have to rethink this entire roster....We have big boys to stop the run and QB1 that was built for this. Only way we lose is like 4 turnovers. Cook scares me... One play last week he paused to shift direction, looked like slo-mo, a guy came behind him and punched the ball and it almost came out. WOuld have changed the game. 

Edited by billsfanmd07

TMRW (Tomorrow app) shows 6" snow Saturday and 5" Sunday with 22mph wind Sunday.  Not ideal but hopefully they can clear the Saturday snow from the stands and field so all we are dealing with is Sunday's weather.

Are there worse forecasts out there?

58 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

They won’t! (A la the Saturday Night game against the Dolphins last season)

Yeah, but seemingly more snow.  

That was a weird game, everyone was standing, but with the snow pack, your a$$ could rest on the top of the seat.  

Gonna be worse this time.  

50 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Disagree.  As said with conditions so bad, it is no longer a football game, but a coin flip in my opinion and the fact the Bills are the better team negated by conditions. 

Play the game.  Josh can still throw the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Last year’s playoff game vs Cincy was played in a snowstorm and not moved. Why would they move this one?

That was like a dusting of snow dude lol. They’re talking about possibly 18 inches now in this storm not sure how much during the game though

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not sure..especially since by the time they clear the seat and get done with a section it will have just as much snow on it as before they cleared it since it will be still snowing heavily. Plus with the wind blowing around it may just blow it back onto the seats 

Enjoy your weather posts, not a shot at you.

It feels like WNY is losing its generational winter coping abilities since we don't get consistent snow anymore. And now a funny thing is happening where people think every storm is going to be a 5 footer. We used to get a foot or two all the time. Carpool if you don't have a snow vehicle, drive slow, don't spin your tires, pack some supplies and a shovel in case. It's not the end of the world.

There will likely be 8-12 inches of fluffy lake effect snow in the stadium. Brush it off, trudge through it, toss a snowball at your buddy, bask in the glory of weather that only happens in a handful of places in the world. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.