Bills at Dolphins post game thread

HappyDays

2 hours ago, entropyrules said:

Huge bias on my part but I thought the failure to call that obvious pass interference on Miami when the Bills were about to score changed the nature of the whole game. That was a pass interference and not just a ticky-tack contact??

I don't hate the non-call on Knox. I'm usually a more "let 'em play" guy for defense. But it seemed like the Bills were getting hit with every tug while Miami continued to maul guys.

1 hour ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Did anyone notice Tua's soul leave his body after the punt return for the TD and the Phins 3 and out on the drive after?  You could see it in his face, he was all smiles all game until that point and then the bad throws started happening. How does a Punt return for TD affect a QB that much?

I don't know about Tua, but McDaniel just looked stunned. The game was never the same after that.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I said it elsewhere, but I hope we (the fans) never start taking for granted getting into the playoffs or winning the East. For Pats fans in the old days and Chiefs fans now it seems like such a given that they act petulant when it's not as pretty as they like.

I'm glad we still get up and go for the team like this.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
get the papers, get the papers
  • Like (+1) 5

Everyone was taking about Cook's end zone drop for a TD ,  I thought a play that whet unnoticed was in the 4th quarter when Cook stops for about 2 secs trying to fake out defenders.  Cook was very fortunate he did not get lit up from behind causing a turnover ,  you just cannot stand there with so many defenders around.  That is more of move you may try in the open field with just one defender around.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

Everyone was taking about Cook's end zone drop for a TD ,  I thought a play that whet unnoticed was in the 4th quarter when Cook stops for about 2 secs trying to fake out defenders.  Cook was very fortunate he did not get lit up from behind causing a turnover ,  you just cannot stand there with so many defenders around.  That is more of move you may try in the open field with just one defender around.

Yes, the defender from behind tried a punch out....thankfully missed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

nah that was cool, he was stuntin on them hoes. 

• Haha (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Chaos said:

A great thanks to the Titans.  Not sure I could have survived the Bills Dolphins game without knowing we were at least in the playoffs 

Titans winning relieved so much anxiety the rest of the day. Can you imagine watching that first half if the jags had won? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

That play where he stops, he realizes mid play what he did and was actively trying to get to the ground when he started getting tackled (he was propped up on a defender)

10 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

11 seed to 2 seed….give it up for this team

12 seed actually! amazing 

Against 3 top teir teams, 2 on the road. So proud of everey member of this organization 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, wjag said:

I wondered about this as well.  I told my wife that you rarely see a pass so "off" unless there is a breakdown in the communication/expectation between QB and WR.  I don't know if it was or was not true in this case, but it was so clearly off, that it made me wonder.  Not everything is as black and white as it seems.  Ultimately the QB is responsible for protecting the ball.

Yeah i think it was an option route. I think Gabe had the ability to sit or head to the post. The middle of field was wide open so Gabe went to the post but I think Josh expected him to sit with Miami coming with the all out pressure.

14 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Titans winning relieved so much anxiety the rest of the day. Can you imagine watching that first half if the jags had won? 

Probably would've relapsed on opiates.. lol

I actually had Tenn, Bucs and Bills moneyline , cash $ and a gigantic win . Feels pretty good 

3 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Yeah i think it was an option route. I think Gabe had the ability to sit or head to the post. The middle of field was wide open so Gabe went to the post but I think Josh expected him to sit with Miami coming with the all out pressure.

on the replay , Josh was looking right, threw it left and seemed to not even look and just threw it at a certain spot. Either way, them RZ to's will hurt us in the playoffs

Edited by JerseyBills

1 minute ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

I thought Collinsworth was pretty good last night. 

He was complimentary of Josh and careful with his criticisms.

He's usually unbearable but I could tolerate him in this game. 

As a bills fan he was great.

As a dolphins fan, he was probably horrible for them.

Kept talking about how great Josh was in the clutch and was getting the man crush going 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Apparently until Vic Fangio pointed out the Elway comparison, that had never occurred to Colliinsworth before. It seemed to turn on a lightbulb in his head. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

As a bills fan he was great.

As a dolphins fan, he was probably horrible for them.

Kept talking about how great Josh was in the clutch and was getting the man crush going 

He can't help himself.

Usually he's talking up Patty (regardless of whos playing) and denigrating Josh so it was a nice change. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

That was hilarious 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wow that was great🤣

Forgot Tenn beat them like that, they helped us out big this season. 

I saw that before,  would love to know what he's actually saying lol

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, teef said:

i think we need to visit @FilthyBeast's preseason predictions.  @Jauronimo...do you have these in your back pocket somewhere?

I was thinking the same thing:

Wasn't going to post this but since I've had a lot of requests asking going on the official record, feel free to post yours as well:

AFC East                                                                            NFC East

Dolphins 15-2                                                        Cowboys 12-5

Patriots 11-6 *WC                                                 Giants 11-6 *WC

Bills 8-9                                                                 Eagles 10-7 *WC

Jets 8-9                                                                 WFT 5-12

AFC North                                                                        NFC North

Ravens 13-4                                                          Lions 11-6

Bengals 12-5 *WC                                                Bears 9-8

Steelers 11-6                                                         Packers 8-9

Browns 6-11                                                          Vikings 7-10

AFC South                                                                       NFC South

Jaguars 11-6                                                        Saints 10-7

Titans 9-8                                                            Falcons 9-8

Texans 5-12                                                         Panthers 6-11

Colts 4-13                                                            Bucs 4-13

AFC West                                                                        NFC West

Chiefs 14-3                                                           Seahawks 11-6

Chargers 12-5*WC                                              49ers 11-6 *WC

Raiders 6-11                                                         Rams 8-9

Broncos 5-12                                                        Cardinals 1-16

AFCCG: Bengals over Dolphins

NFCCG: Giants over Seahawks

SB: Bengals over Giants

Also some other notes:

- I originally had Chiefs going 17-0 in regular season but with Jones situation and latest injury news on Kelce can't see it happening no matter how hard refs are blowing whistles in KC's favor. Still won't be surprised if they are hoisting another Lombardi trophy in the end.

- Daboll leads Giants on verge of another SB win, however Bengals win SB in epic come from behind game in final minutes.

- Bills will go 1-5 in division this year

- Bills will lose 6 of final 8 games after starting 6-3.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

The ‘not even close’ on the play just before halftime really got to me for some reason lol Johnson had a ton of momentum and it took a questionably illegal hit to reverse his momentum and keep him out of the end zone.  It was in fact very close 😂

6 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Agreed, he even disregarded the second pick as a punt saving them yardage. Did you catch the beach running thing they were talking about? Pretty sure they were insinuating Bills fans were yelling things at him during his run. Hilarious.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Wasn't going to post this but since I've had a lot of requests asking going on the official record, feel free to post yours as well:

AFC East                                                                            NFC East

Dolphins 15-2                                                        Cowboys 12-5

Patriots 11-6 *WC                                                 Giants 11-6 *WC

Bills 8-9                                                                 Eagles 10-7 *WC

Jets 8-9                                                                 WFT 5-12

AFC North                                                                        NFC North

Steelers 11-6                                                         Packers 8-9

Browns 6-11                                                          Vikings 7-10

AFC South                                                                       NFC South

Titans 9-8                                                            Falcons 9-8

Texans 5-12                                                         Panthers 6-11

AFC West                                                                        NFC West

Chiefs 14-3                                                           Seahawks 11-6

Broncos 5-12                                                        Cardinals 1-16

Also some other notes:

- I originally had Chiefs going 17-0 in regular season but with Jones situation and latest injury news on Kelce can't see it happening no matter how hard refs are blowing whistles in KC's favor. Still won't be surprised if they are hoisting another Lombardi trophy in the end.

- Daboll leads Giants on verge of another SB win, however Bengals win SB in epic come from behind game in final minutes.

15-2! hahahahahahaha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just now, Bferra13 said:

Agreed, he even disregarded the second pick as a punt saving them yardage. Did you catch the beach running thing they were talking about? Pretty sure they were insinuating Bills fans were yelling things at him during his run. Hilarious.

Yeah. He got some interesting comments haha 

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Rare show of emotion from him is cool to see.  Our defense and his play calling has been epic since we learned of his allegiance to Al Qaeda during the bye week.

I guess that makes McDermott my favorite terrorist…

Just now, Bferra13 said:

haha heard that. I believe he said "oh yeah, they had plenty of comments for me" and Tirico goes "I bet they did!" :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

I was very happy to see the Bills pull out the win last night; they did what they had to do. Would also note that Tua did not have a good game at all, as he was off on many throws.

Can you imagine though if this team was 100% healthy, and had a mistake free game where they didn’t try to beat themselves? They'd be unstoppable, and would be blowing everybody out.

As has been noted by many others in here, I also agree that if they can limit the turnovers and play "smart", the SB is definitely within reach this year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Also some other notes:

Imagine being 15 games off in the predictions of just your teams own division (assuming he’s a bills or dolphins fan) lol

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

15-2! hahahahahahaha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Can’t even hate on predictions that the dolphins win the division because they came close but man a team that famously never shows up against good teams turning in a crazy impressive regular season like that is just absurd.  11 wins was scraping the dolphins ceiling I’d say…I think the best they possibly could’ve done is 12.  Predicting they win 15 on a bills board is borderline trolling 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

The bias in the NBC broadcast crew was evident throughout.  They started every scenario with, if the Bills win..  Miami fans had to notice, cause I sure did.  They practically assumed a Buffalo victory all the while Buffalo was leaving opportunity all over the field.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Imagine being 15 games off in the predictions of just your teams own division (assuming he’s a bills or dolphins fan) lol

Can’t even hate on predictions that the dolphins win the division because they came close but man a team that famously never shows up against good teams turning in a crazy impressive regular season like that is just absurd.  11 wins was scraping the dolphins ceiling I’d say…I think the best they possibly could’ve done is 12 

15-2 is just an absolutely ridiculous homer prediction for ANY team in the NFL.

Even the BEST of the BEST teams over the last few years (Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, etc) top out at 14-3 or 13-4.

If someone is going to predict 15-2, they might as well just say 17-0.

A team will eventually go 15-2, but it will be a historic season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wjag said:

The bias in the NBC broadcast crew was evident throughout.  They started every scenario with, if the Bills win..  Miami fans had to notice, cause I sure did.  They practically assumed a Buffalo victory all the while Buffalo was leaving opportunity all over the field.

To be fair, it was both alphabetically correct and quickly seen more likely as you watched the quality of play on the field.

2 hours ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't find Collinsworth unbearable.

He's opinionated.  Color guys are supposed to have opinions.  In any case, I don't care.  

His opinions on the Bills are sometimes negative and wrong.  Again, I don't care.  

Like all color guys, once in a while he makes an insightful or interesting point.  For that, I'm grateful.  I tune out the rest.  

But, yeah, he seemed more positive about the Bills and their fans than usual.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

15-2 is just an absolutely ridiculous homer prediction for ANY team in the NFL.

Even the BEST of the BEST teams over the last few years (Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, etc) top out at 14-3 or 13-4.

If someone is going to predict 15-2, they might as well just say 17-0.

A team will eventually go 15-2, but it will be a historic season.

For sure and it’s completely illogical for so many other reasons too…I’m assuming the argument for his bills prediction was ‘well the division is much more competitive’ but apparently only more competitive against the bills and not the dolphins 😂

17 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Also some other notes:

oh thank you.  what an #######.

1 hour ago, fergie's ire said:

Very similar to a couple of things I heard them talk about on the Buffalo Plus postgame show.  Apparently when Dawkins was bleeding all over himself the training staff told him he had to go into the locker room.  He told them to wait and he looked at Van Demark and asked, "Are you okay?"  Van Demark nodded and said, "I'm okay.  I got this" and only then did Dawkins agree to the locker room.  Also, after the Bills called the timeout on that last 4th and 1 before they went for it, apparently the leaders of the secondary (Hyde, Poyer, Taron) were out patting on the offense telling them they had it (and don't worry if you don't).  The Buffalo Plus crew said they've been on a lot of NFL fields and you just don't see that.  Seems like these players love each other and are having fun again...and man I love this team when they are like that.  It's as if this year has been a reversal of last year when the vibe started out great and went downhill.

We've got to give both Beane and McD credit for this.  

Beane doesn't draft and sign prima donnas.  He goes after team-first ballers willing to commit to 'the process.'  

And McD seems to have a talent for creating a culture where guys work well together, communicate, and play hard for each other.   

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.