What are YOU doing to get the Bills into the playoffs?

I used to watch the games in a Kyle Williams jersey and my favorite beat-up faded red Bills cap. Only washed them after a loss. Didn't work this season so I stopped wearing them. After a few more games, I decided that all of my Bills swag is cursed this season so I stopped wearing anything on gameday after the Broncos game...

Bills related, that is... I may be a superstitious fool, but I'm no exhibitionist... :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, stevestojan said:

I am a HORRIFIC gambler. I would lose a bet on how many times a broken clock was right in a day. 

So, to take one for the team, I put $250 on 3-team money line parlay for Jags, Steelers, Dolphins. There’s zero chance I win. The payout is $1,374. 

So, in summary, I just paid $250 for the Bills to make the playoffs. (And yes, to hedge the emotional breakdown with a grand to have fun with if the worst happens). 

I didn’t say I was emotionally healthy. 

FullSizeRender-compressed.jpeg

I really like this and don't know why I didn't think to do it before!

I used to do this with the local bookie for the patriots winning the super bowl so either they lost and I was happy or they won and I at least had some pocket change.

Edit: I just put my $20 on it

Edited by section122

For the last 4 weeks I have been drinking a pint of a hard to get IPA. It's called Elephino, only sold in Utah. Last year I was conserving them if the Bills made the SB. When the Bills were 6-6, I decided to crack one to end the streak. 4-0 since. Don't worry I have enough to get us to the SB, if this keeps working 🍻😃

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

For the last 4 weeks I have been drinking a pint of a hard to get IPA. It's called Elephino, only sold in Utah. Last year I was conserving them if the Bills made the SB. When the Bills were 6-6, I decided to crack one to end the streak. 4-0 since. Don't worry I have enough to get us to the SB, if this keeps working 🍻😃

As an IPA lover , have you had Pliny the Elder from Russian River Brewing? If you can get your hands on it, it is the finest beer I’ve ever tasted. Keep doing your game day plan though! 

Same routine I have been doing last 4 weeks.  Go to Gym on Saturday but not on the game day.  Drink Heineken light in bottle. Order food from Umbertos. This has been my victory formation.  I am not changing it until we go to Superbowl.  Go Bills.

Edited by kkim0904
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

As an IPA lover , have you had Pliny the Elder from Russian River Brewing? If you can get your hands on it, it is the finest beer I’ve ever tasted. Keep doing your game day plan though! 

Yes on Pliney.

Russian River bought Elephino from Red Rock Canyon in Utah. Utah is pissed because they sold to Idaho owners. Utah won't allow sales of Elephino here because of spite is about how the story goes 😀

Kind of like the Peace Bridge pettiness. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'll be wearing my game day Bills hoodie ... It only gets washed after a Bills loss which I believe was just after Thanksgiving against the Eagles... So six weeks of me stink mixed with beer, wings, herb and whatever else ... I'll be at the bar for the earlier games rooting for the Titans and adding to the stink for next week.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

After the loss to Philly this season, I strategically placed pieces of black electricians tape on my laptop computer at work (I put a Bills sticker on it) to give the Bills logo sticker an 'X' mark over its eye (to make it look dead) and to make it read 'ills' instead of 'Bills'.  I did this out of frustration with the teams' performance this season but we've been winning ever since.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Bills' NYT 95% chance of playoffs is very inaccurate. The actual probability that the Bills will miss the playoffs, based on the odds of a disqualifying three-leg parlay, are 18.9%. So, there is a true 81.1% chance the Bills will make it one way or another.

I been wondering where that 95% came from.  It’s total BS

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, stevestojan said:

I am a HORRIFIC gambler. I would lose a bet on how many times a broken clock was right in a day. 

So, to take one for the team, I put $250 on 3-team money line parlay for Jags, Steelers, Dolphins. There’s zero chance I win. The payout is $1,374. 

So, in summary, I just paid $250 for the Bills to make the playoffs. (And yes, to hedge the emotional breakdown with a grand to have fun with if the worst happens). 

this is great.

Ive done it several times over the years myself.

• Like (+1) 1

All season, I've worn a bit of Bills gear every day, as long as they win. After a loss, I won't wear it for a few days, but I resume on Thursday in prep for the upcoming game. (The loss just before the bye was tough.) For the most part, it worked, as they almost never dropped two in a row. The only exception was the 12-man incident.

I bought a legacy Bruce Smith jersey from NFL Shop that was delivered the week of the Bengals game.  I didn’t wear it and wore my “legacy” lucky shirt for that game.  I bounced around on shirts until the KC game where I finally put on the Bruce jersey and have worn it (without washing) the past four games - including in person last week.  Will be wearing it tomorrow.  Hopefully this is enough to overcome and bad juju I created by shaving my December / holiday beard yesterday…

13 hours ago, stevestojan said:

I did the same but only $5. 😂

I apologize in advance, I was hospitalized Tuesday and have had three surgeries to correct a blood clot and damage to tissue on my right leg. The doctor is going to let me get out of ICU sometime tomorrow, but I will just be moved to a regular floor,  I wont be at home where I watch 5-8 games a year or at the game venue where I watch the rest. 

Getting old sucks

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Guffalo said:

I apologize in advance, I was hospitalized Tuesday and have had three surgeries to correct a blood clot and damage to tissue on my right leg. The doctor is going to let me get out of ICU sometime tomorrow, but I will just be moved to a regular floor,  I wont be at home where I watch 5-8 games a year or at the game venue where I watch the rest. 

Getting old sucks

***** the bills. ***** the playoffs. Just get better my friend. 

if you need my Sunday ticket login, shoot me a PM. 

Edit: nevermind, it’s - of course - a nationally televised game. 

Edited by stevestojan
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Might do something similar just to ease the pain if they don't get in but I'm extremely confident we beat Mia. 

Msg me, i bet alot myself, but I do good, I'll give you some free twitter accounts that provide bets but most importantly valuable research so you can make your own bets and gain an edge. It has helped me tremendously 

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Might do something similar just to ease the pain if they don't get in but I'm extremely confident we beat Mia. 

Msg me, i bet alot myself, but I do good, I'll give you some free twitter accounts that provide bets but most importantly valuable research so you can make your own bets and gain an edge. It has helped me tremendously 

Funny thing is I don’t bet at all anymore. In fact I live in CA now so I had to have my best friend up in Batavia put that bet in for me, since the land is kale and yoga pants hasn’t legalized sports betting yet. 

31 minutes ago, Guffalo said:

Getting old sucks

Hang in there.

This Bills win is officially dedicated to your successful recovery.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Oh damn that stinks. No sports betting but you can bring your kid to a drag show! lol

How you like Cali, I despise Newsome and his super liberal policies,  heard ppl are leaving in record #s

I’ve lived in 7 different cities since I left Buffalo when I was 22. I’m 43 now. 

I absolutely love CA. Just like I’m sure the south isn’t completely full of toothless yokels, shockingly not all of CA is like the tenderloin district of SF. 

I live in Santa Barbara and outside of the cost (it’s expensive for a reason - if people really “hated” California, wouldn’t it surmise that the prices would go down? That said, the down payment we put on our house would have EASILY bought me a 4 bedroom house in WNY in cash) it’s really a great place to be. 

And to your drag show comment, my wife and I have indeed been to a couple - they are a BLAST - and I was shocked there weren’t troves of kids there like foxnews told me there would be. 

To each their own, but in order of places I’ve lived and how I prefer them (I can’t list Buffalo as I am biased as it will always be “home”) I would go:

Santa Barbara - great food, amazing people, the weather is perfect year round, but it would cost less to build a house on the moon.

Hoboken, NJ (shocked by how much I loved it there). Think smaller, cleaner NYC with easy access to Manhattan on the weekends. 

DC (expensive, and the absolute worst people - think opposite of WNY) but soooo much to do and the DC metro is the best public transportation in America. 

Virginia Beach. Yuck. But dirt cheap and it’s close to the ocean if that’s your thing. The boardwalk area from April to September are filled with tourists. Tourists who look forward to visiting Virginia Beach. 

West Palm Beach, FL. I was 22-24. So it was fun. But it’s Florida. 

Tucson AZ. If you love the idea of extreme heat combined with quite literally nothing to do, that’s your place! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Pics as or it didn’t happen…

😂

Remind me for the game. 

il_fullxfull.4707010627_c9vs.jpg

It's this one more or less. Mind you I was a large to xlarge by 6th grade @6' 145-150.

Its not an awful fit. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, stevestojan said:

I did the same earlier in the week on my BetMGM account, but did not wager quite as much as you.  I am happy to pay for a Bills win, but I also want to be paid and wipe my tears with cash if the heartbreak happens.

Other than that I'm just sitting in the same chair as the past 4 games and wearing the same Bills outfit.  Not changing anything.

36 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I’ve lived in 7 different cities since I left Buffalo when I was 22. I’m 43 now. 

I absolutely love CA. Just like I’m sure the south isn’t completely full of toothless yokels, shockingly not all of CA is like the tenderloin district of SF. 

I live in Santa Barbara and outside of the cost (it’s expensive for a reason - if people really “hated” California, wouldn’t it surmise that the prices would go down? That said, the down payment we put on our house would have EASILY bought me a 4 bedroom house in WNY in cash) it’s really a great place to be. 

And to your drag show comment, my wife and I have indeed been to a couple - they are a BLAST - and I was shocked there weren’t troves of kids there like foxnews told me there would be. 

To each their own, but in order of places I’ve lived and how I prefer them (I can’t list Buffalo as I am biased as it will always be “home”) I would go:

Santa Barbara - great food, amazing people, the weather is perfect year round, but it would cost less to build a house on the moon.

Hoboken, NJ (shocked by how much I loved it there). Think smaller, cleaner NYC with easy access to Manhattan on the weekends. 

DC (expensive, and the absolute worst people - think opposite of WNY) but soooo much to do and the DC metro is the best public transportation in America. 

Virginia Beach. Yuck. But dirt cheap and it’s close to the ocean if that’s your thing. The boardwalk area from April to September are filled with tourists. Tourists who look forward to visiting Virginia Beach. 

West Palm Beach, FL. I was 22-24. So it was fun. But it’s Florida. 

Tucson AZ. If you love the idea of extreme heat combined with quite literally nothing to do, that’s your place! 

Good for you man. Glad you like it.

I lived in North Palm Beach FL 2 years , loved it, super cheap too. You ever been to Singer Island? Bout 15 min from West Palm but by far the nicest beach I've been to in the U.S 

9 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Good for you man. Glad you like it.

I lived in North Palm Beach FL 2 years , loved it, super cheap too. You ever been to Singer Island? Bout 15 min from West Palm but by far the nicest beach I've been to in the U.S 

Singer is great! And I just realized your handle is “jerseybills” you in the garden state? 

3 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Singer is great! And I just realized your handle is “jerseybills” you in the garden state? 

Ya born n raised, live 15 min from NYC and 10 min from MetLife stadium and ya i loved Singer, really unique island 

Edited by JerseyBills

15 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Doing similar but actually betting less (100) and have Bills as my 3rd leg with the intention to hammer Miami SPREAD with all potential winnings should Pitt and Jax win (would be 400 (+300) winnings if Bills). That way, can double-dip if Bills win within the spread. If pitt or Jax lose, good Bills in playoffs (gladly give the 100 to that). Pitt/Jax win, put the 300 winnings on Mia +2.5.

Outcomes...

Pit or Jax lose = -100 (but Bills in! Fine with me)

If Pit/Jax both win...

Miami wins = +300 (devastated, but a little cash at least)

Buff wins by 3 or more = 0 (Yes! Bills 2 seed and broke even)

Buff wins by 1 or 2 points = +600 (Party at my house)

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Doing similar but actually betting less (100) and have Bills as my 3rd leg with the intention to hammer Miami SPREAD with all potential winnings should Pitt and Jax win (would be 400 (+300) winnings if Bills). That way, can double-dip if Bills win within the spread. If pitt or Jax lose, good Bills in playoffs (gladly give the 100 to that). Pitt/Jax win, put the 300 winnings on Mia +2.5.

Outcomes...

Pit or Jax lose = -100 (but Bills in! Fine with me)

If Pit/Jax both win...

Miami wins = +300 (devastated, but a little cash at least)

Buff wins by 3 or more = 0 (Yes! Bills 2 seed and broke even)

Buff wins by 1 or 2 points = +600 (Party at my house)

not bad

I'm loving Ravens ML today 

18 hours ago, stevestojan said:

You are doing gods work.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.