So how are we feeling about Coach McDermott?

Since the Eagles loss, this has been the best stretch of coaching in McDermott's career. Tonight he perfectly managed a close game and made 2nd half adjustments to shut out the Dolphins offense.

Still has to win critical moments in playoff games but it's a step in the right direction.

Edited by HappyDays

Just now, HappyDays said:

Since the Eagles loss, this has been the stretch of coaching in McDermott's career. Tonight he perfectly managed a close game and made 2nd half adjustments to shut out the Dolphins offense.

Still has to win critical moments in playoff games but it's a step in the right direction.

Agree. A part of me wondered if that article didn’t set him free in a way. I liked the call to run the sneak and end it. Good challenge. Defense has done a great job. Let’s see how we can perform in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Since the Eagles loss, this has been the stretch of coaching in McDermott's career. Tonight he perfectly managed a close game and made 2nd half adjustments to shut out the Dolphins offense.

The defense has been pretty awesome

almost every week since the bye. It was legit was a light switch for McD.

i don't get while so many here disrespect McD.  4th AFC East consecutive title.  5 straight playoffs.  some of the same posters disparaging him were Ralph Wilson apologists or even Whaley apologists even tho they both sucked at leading the team.  what gives?  is it personal against McD?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

i don't get while so many here disrespect McD.  4th AFC East consecutive title.  5 straight playoffs.  some of the same posters disparaging him were Ralph Wilson apologists or even Whaley apologists even tho they both sucked at leading the team.  what gives?  is it personal against McD?

All these folks LOVE McDaniel. 

Of course, McD just took the division and dogwalked him. Again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Since the Eagles loss, this has been the best stretch of coaching in McDermott's career. Tonight he perfectly managed a close game and made 2nd half adjustments to shut out the Dolphins offense.

Yeah Hashtag sports made this video almost seemingly to speak better coaching/performances into existence and it's been weirdly prescience since then.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I was beginning to be a doubting thomas, but results don't lie.  If you were spamming McClappy and McDummy, then why stop now.  Maybe he's not the coach to win a SB, and I respect that opinion.  If you were just a hater, then maybe do a little self-reflection.  

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Because we have not accomplished anything in the playoffs during his tenure and the best chance we had ended in poor decision making by him. 

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

All these folks LOVE McDaniel. 

Of course, McD just took the division and dogwalked him. Again.

McDaniel is young and possibly talented, and had a good year.  5 weeks ago a lot of our own fans were prob salivating over him.  Tight game glad we won.  

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

McDaniel is young and possibly talented, and had a good year.  5 weeks ago a lot of our own fans were prob salivating over him.  Tight game glad we won.  

He’s a good coach, but I don’t get why anyone would want him over McD. McD keeps dog walking him.

Just now, daz28 said:

he's a shiny object.  he's on tv.  mcd just wins.  McDaniel strikes me as weirder than belichik.

Just now, Mikie2times said:

Because we have not accomplished anything in the playoffs during his tenure and the best chance we had ended in poor decision making by him. 

made it to the afc finals.  how many current coaches have done that?  how many bills coaches?

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

he's a shiny object.  mcd just wins.  McDaniel strikes me as weirder than belichik.

made it to the acc finals.  how many current coaches have done that?  how many bills coaches?

You want me to celebrate one AFC Championship game we got blown out in? We have a future hall of fame QB. His standard is higher than what it was when we had Tyrod and JP Losman. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

You want me to celebrate one AFC Championship game we got blown out in? We have a future hall of fame QB. His standard is higher than what it was when we had Tyrod and JP Losman. 

MIKEY!!!!! RAWRRRRRRRRRR AFC Est Champs!!!! WoooooooT!! 5^

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I do love me a celebration thread. I am NOT  about mistakes notight  POR FAVOR I'm about RESULTS amigos

YASSSSSSSSSSSSS

2 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

I know!!!

😻😻😻 hope you guys had fun!

WOOOOOOOOOOOT Give my girl a HUG Im stoked amigo!!!!

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, muppy said:

I do love me a celebration thread. I am NOT  about mistakes notight  POR FAVOR I'm about RESULTS amigos

YASSSSSSSSSSSSS

WOOOOOOOOOOOT Give my girl a HUG Im stoked amigo!!!!

I will! She’s officially a Bills fan! 

Joining Welcome Home GIF

6 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Trolls looking to get under your skin.

• Like (+1) 1

Allen is our superstar. but the our D is our engine.

It doesn't have too many stats but it's effective and its mean. 

A different coach, focused on getting another 10% out of Allen probably presides over a 50% worse defence. 

I think our team is really nicely balanced. And where it lacks talent, it more than makes up for in heart. That's coaching and culture. 

3 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Despite the ups and downs of the season, Sean always seems to have the team playing well at the end of the season.

He is 25-8 regular season in December and January as the Bills HC. 

I'm not gonna lie, I was ready to put a "Fire McD" sign on my lawn at 6-6.

After this run, seeing how this team has rallied, and hearing the coach last night, I hereby submit my official apology form.

Much better, glad I was wrong as usual. 

Others have said it, and I will agree. He's at least a good, maybe very good coach. Does he have his deficiencies? Everyone does. Will he win a Super Bowl or God forbid make a boneheaded decision in a critical moment? Who knows. They have to get there first.

I was way off-base about McDermott losing the locker room after the Broncos game. Coincidental timing or not, the Dunne article seemed to bring them together around him.

It was a daunting task to win out and they got it done. Let's see how we do in the playoffs but, once again, as stated better by others, it could be worse. We have a proven regular season winner, and I remember what it's like to be on the other side so I'll be happy with what we have and hope for more.

On 1/1/2024 at 3:32 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Has anyone changed their opinion of him over the last month?

This will be an emotional weekend. I’m prepared for a lot of McDermott threads Sunday night if things go poorly. I want to see how we’re feeling entering the biggest regular season game of his head coaching career.

The haters will hate but today will be very quiet because McD has brought the team back from a really bad looking season to be the #2 seed in the play offs so they can't complain right now .

Oh But they will !! You can bet if McD as much as looks the wrong way on a play they will jump on that like a pack of wild dogs on a left over bone ! And then if the team doesn't by chance win it all he will be the biggest POS on the planet & after words they will all come out in force with the FIRE McD posts .

But as for now they are sitting back like a bunch of fat kids with a carton of Blue Bell homemade Vanilla ice cream eating it up with some ice cream dripping down the side of their mouths but ready to pounce at any given moment .

I think a lot of people have McDermott wrong. He’s one of the most aggressive minded defensive AND offensive head coaches in the NFL. I just don’t think he’ll be easily upgraded. Thats why I can criticize him but never call for him to be replaced. 

I don’t think we appreciate him enough. In fact I know we don’t.

• Like (+1) 2

McDermott has coached well the last few weeks. Very little to criticize in the way of timeout calls, challenges, etc. I think he probably did a little bit of self reflecting after that hit piece came out, whether it was a fair article or not. That's what successful people do. 

My only misgiving with him at this point is I still don't think he is the right guy for Allen. I really think josh is gonna have his best success with an offensive guru with a firm hand. but what are the odds of him finding that right guy? Unless you have somebody perfect in mind, can't make a switch. 

Of course if we somehow manage to get whipped by the Steelers, this is all out the window and we'll all be calling for his head before the third qtr is over. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.