New England Week

TFBillsfan

15 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

I thought he stayed with the first down runs way too long. I think we threw on first only 5 times and had very good success.

The flow of this game was considerably more disjointed than his previous games. The only player on offense who got established was Gabe

Define success.  To me success on first down, or any down, is staying ahead of the sticks.  Making the next down manageable.  Excluding the last drive where they obviously burned clock and the fumble drive, the Bills ran the ball on first down 13 times.  The average first down carry was 4.4 yards.  That to me is a success on first down.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Reading Patriots boards - they remind me so much of us during the drought.  The endless QB discussions - should we draft a guy?  Maybe Zappe should get a full season?  What about trading for Cousins?  Wilson might be cut - any interest?

And then the whole coach debate. It's astounding how many fans there have turned on the guy who brought them 6 titles. 

And last, the gloomy sense of inevitability when playing the Bills.  Most know they caught us at a good time in the 1st game, and expect to lose this one.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Yes. 

If the browns lose out and we win out (but Miami doesn’t lose) we can take the 5 seed 

It actually really matters because it means that the Bills' likely opponent as a WC (assuming Miami beats Baltimore and the Bills win out) will be Indy, Jax, or Houston. Otherwise it's probably at KC.

• Agree 2

The way this season has been going, Zappe is gonna put up 300 yards and the Bills run D will give up long ones to some unknown RB. It will be another nail biter and turnovers will be the difference. None and the Bills squeak by; 1+ and the Pats can steal the win.   

4 hours ago, Magox said:

It truly is odd.  He is playing less snaps and again this is anecdotal but he appears to often waive himself off the field.   He doesn't seem to get much separation on the balls thrown his way and he isn't being targeted as much.   

It doesn't make sense that all of a sudden you'd hit a wall.    I think it's some sort of lingering injury that hasn't been reported, we've heard of such injuries with Gabe, Beasley and even Elam that weren't prominently mentioned to come find out much later on that they were playing through some sort of injury.   

If the Diggs we all have seen over the past few years doesn't come back for these last two games and playoffs then I don't see how we can make it that deep into the playoffs.  

I was thinking he may be injured as well. He just doesn't seem to have that same quickness, quirks, and juke. 

18 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

The way this season has been going, Zappe is gonna put up 300 yards and the Bills run D will give up long ones to some unknown RB. It will be another nail biter and turnovers will be the difference. None and the Bills squeak by; 1+ and the Pats can steal the win.   

Or the Bills cruise to a 31-13 victory.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

I’ve got a feeling we should go all out to annihilate them with bold expansive football. Not get stuck in a conservative game of percentages. Just really try and take them apart from the start. 

Our caginess and need to win has to be something they’ll look to exploit 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Yes. 

If the browns lose out and we win out (but Miami doesn’t lose) we can take the 5 seed 

Forget the 5 seed. We have a real shot here at the 2 seed. It won't be easy as I expect both the Ravens-Dolphins and Bills-Pats games to be close. I also think the Bills and Ravens will win setting up a winner take all for the AFCE and 2 seed.  The Bills - Dolphins game won't be easy either, but it is the game the Bills can definitely win.

Edited by Gregg
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, RiotAct said:

should we be worried about Leonard Floyd’s availability for Sunday?

YES. He is a force and the defense will be diminished if he doesn't play. I will be watching for his status going forward 100%

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, muppy said:

YES. He is a force and the defense will be diminished if he doesn't play. I will be watching for his status going forward 100%

It's a bummer that Floyd was signed to a one-year contract and will be a FA. Hopefully, he re-ups with the Bills.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Success said:

Reading Patriots boards - they remind me so much of us during the drought.  The endless QB discussions - should we draft a guy?  Maybe Zappe should get a full season?  What about trading for Cousins?  Wilson might be cut - any interest?

And then the whole coach debate. It's astounding how many fans there have turned on the guy who brought them 6 titles. 

And last, the gloomy sense of inevitability when playing the Bills.  Most know they caught us at a good time in the 1st game, and expect to lose this one.

that fanbase is learning with clarity that without a bonafide franchise QB on the roster your team isnt going to achieve NFL glory, Period. It is the most important asset on the roster.

They rode the gravy train for years with brady. I would like to see them dropped a few pegs even further. Suffer you entitled spoiled rat baastids.

Suffer!

Edited by muppy
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Week 17 NFL picks: Browns beat Jets on Thursday night to clinch playoff berth; Cowboys defeat Lions

Ali 28-17 BUF

Brooke 23-14 BUF

Dan 28-13 BUF

Gennaro 24-14 BUF

Tom 28-14 BUF

Why Brooke is taking the Bills: I'm sure Bill Belichick and the Patriots would love nothing more than to make the Bills sweat out a potential playoff berth for one more week, but that's easier said than done. Because while the Pats' defense has allowed just 15.7 points and 265.2 total yards per game since Week 10 (both second in the NFL) and the offense has found new life(ish) with Bailey Zappe, the Bills are playing some of their best football of the season -- unlike when these teams met back in Week 7. And this contest is in Buffalo, where Josh Allen is 6-1 with 16 pass TDs against just five picks. Weirder things have happened, but the Bills are carrying too much momentum into a home game with a playoff slot in their grasp to let this one go.

week-17-nfl-picks

31 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Forget the 5 seed. We have a real shot here at the 2 seed. It won't be easy as I expect both the Ravens-Dolphins and Bills-Pats games to be close. I also think the Bills and Ravens will win setting up a winner take all for the AFCE and 2 seed.  The Bills - Dolphins game won't be easy either, but it is the game the Bills can definitely win.

I am hoping for 2 seed as well. But still want the jets to beat the browns, as that is the next best scenario for our team 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

anyone know if tonight matters for us if Jets win? 

for example if Mia beats Bal and Cle loses out, we win out,  can we jump them in seeding?

Yes, if the Bills win out and Cle loses out then we can jump Cle in seeding.  The Browns losing out would finish 10-7 while the Bills would finish 11-6 winning out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.