Did anyone get a lump in their throats...

PromoTheRobot

9 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Almost?

Does a turtlehead count? 

That would have been a hell of a way to lose the game and possibly kibosh our playoffs. But it appears that our team was better coached — and the guy for the Chargers made the wrong decision as there was a mismatch in their favor on their left side, I believe, but he took it right.

Edited by Nephilim17

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

ONE player making a great play does not mean we played it properly. 

It means ONE player fixed a major problem that was developing. 

If the line lets 5 free rushers through to hit Josh, but he spins around, does his Allen magic, and throws a TD ... does that mean the line played it well? No. It means, ONE player fixed a major issue.

Neal made a great play. One player. I've been teling you this in the other thread. NEAL. He fixed a major issue by himself. We need to fix this so in the future the whole defense is playing this properly.

We had 3 or 4 guys tackling one lateraling player. Falling over themselves. It was bad.

Lol.  The player who over pursued to the side the lateral came from and then came back across to challenge the WR with the ball was not Neal #33.  

It is #39 Cam Lewis 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

... when Easton Stick made that cross field lateral? Be honest. Your mind went there.

OK, just for a second, yeah, but then I realized that the Bills had not abandoned that side of the field like the did in the Titans playoff game.  Then I just relaxed and realized everything was all right.

I can’t remember an NFL game in which the desperation lateral drill tactic actually worked and resulted in a winning TD. Anyone here have a different recollection? 

edit: not referring to a kickoff backward pass like the Titans Wycheck thing. I was meaning a last play from the line of scrimmage with seconds remaining. 

Edited by SoMAn

14 hours ago, Success said:

They showed it afterwards, too - and talked about how that lane was open.

That would have been cruel.

It wasn't really open. Benford was there. Another couple of Bills were getting there. He cut it back inside for a reason.

7 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

I can’t remember an NFL game in which the desperation lateral drill tactic actually worked and resulted in a winning TD. Anyone here have a different recollection? 

edit: not referring to a kickoff backward pass like the Titans Wycheck thing. I was meaning a last play from the line of scrimmage with seconds remaining. 

The Dolphins beat the Pats a few years ago with that type of play.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

It wasn't really open. Benford was there. Another couple of Bills were getting there. He cut it back inside for a reason.

Gronk with the chance to stop Kenyan Drake.....but trips and whiffs...

17 hours ago, Success said:

They showed it afterwards, too - and talked about how that lane was open.

That would have been cruel.

Nope. Just yet another nail in the Billsy coffin! 

It’s a built in Pavlovian expectation of damnation now!

3 hours ago, MJS said:

https://youtu.be/iSGqlXQdh20?si=ucC92xqd9ZtYi4lK

17 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Lol.  The player who over pursued to the side the lateral came from and then came back across to challenge the WR with the ball was not Neal #33.  

It is #39 Cam Lewis 

Correct. And if you watch this clip in slow motion you can clearly see, as many have stated, that Benford is through the blockers along the right sideline and breaking down to make a tackle, which is what turned it inside. And, to other’s points about the defenders out of frame, you can see Hamlin and 2 others coming into the fram at the very end as the play is over. The narrative about this being anywhere near a successful attempt is all Collinsworth babble. 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

This was just further proof that we are finally past that curse.  

(but yes, my mind went there for a split second)

I would have broken my laptop like across my knee style 2 pieces CRACK . So Thank God that didn't happen.

I have no words to describe how a similar bills debacle might have put me in the literal grave.

Enough is freakin ENOUGH of that rando soul crushing defeat. Ida lost my ****

13 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Yes, lump, for sure.  When the ball was thrown across the field, there was a moment of terror.   Then, I thought, "don't be silly."  Then, I saw the replay and realized it wasn't silly at all.  

That was a pretty good play design. A better block on Benford and he might have had a lane down the sideline.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.