Leonard Fournette to be activated tonight

Roundybout

3 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I could be wrong. But isn’t Leonard Fournette pretty slow. Does he really provide much of an advantage over latavius?

The defense will be expecting him to go fast, so by going slow, they will be extremely confused. We'll have them exactly where we want them.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Think it's a good move even to just get a sense of what he could add down the road//give him some live game reps.  Whether we'll be in the luxurious position to play him in garbage time remains to be seen but that would of course be the ideal scenario.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I could be wrong. But isn’t Leonard Fournette pretty slow. Does he really provide much of an advantage over latavius?

13 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

The defense will be expecting him to go fast, so by going slow, they will be extremely confused. We'll have them exactly where we want them.

New nickname: the Turtle.

31 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I want power. Need a yard? Get two.

9 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Truthfully, I hope not. Chargers have one of the worst pass defenses in the nfl. If anything, I hope Allen throws for 400 yards 

But I'd be fine with running it with a big lead

42 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

This would be my guess. Makes sense. Let Ty rest up and get Lenny a bit of game time 

I agree.  I think they want to give Ty a week off and see what they have with Lenny.   If he shows out there’s a chance he could a regular roster spot

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

This late in the year, I think the Bills will rotate which depth rb is inactive in order to keep the rotation fresh. Murray, Johnson, and Fournette will be crucial pieces if we continue to run the football 40+ times per game.

Bingo. 

EXACTLY what is going on.  Preserve tread on tires. 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’d rather keep Johnson in and take Murray out. Go let Murray sit out a few weeks because to me…he’s the 4th best guy of the group. I have been very impressed with Johnson and to me the other guys are clearly steps better than Murray. Let the old guy have some rest for those legs.

IIRC Johnson has a shoulder injury 

18 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I agree.  I think they want to give Ty a week off and see what they have with Lenny.   If he shows out there’s a chance he could a regular roster spot

Possible. I think Johnson's shoulder has a major influence in Fournette being active, though. Even if Lenny plays well I don't see the need for him to be on the roster if Cook, Murray and Johnson are healthy. Those 3 have all earned their play time IMO.

1 hour ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

I know this RB well, 2nd best on the team. Buffalo is incredibly lucky to have this kind of depth.

He is easily a 1000 RB if he was the featured back

lol….. most feature backs are 1000 backs if they play 17 games. 

You haven’t seen this RB play in a year.  We don’t know what he is.  The entire NfL thought he was a washed up bum 

• Disagree 2

3 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

No, he's not slow. He may have lost a step from College, but Cook ran a 4.42 pre-Draft and Fournette ran a 4.51. 

For a RB of his size, that's actually fast.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.