This will be the first game I miss in 27 years. Thanks NFL

Heavy Kevi

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Just logged in to Pea#### via back door manipulating time of computer, cookies and cache but cannot view anything and my favorite show Eureka is gone.

We need to start campaign against advertisers on Peacock games - let them know they are helping take away viewers and this will impact their business.

When advertisers stop they will get more but cost for ads will go down.

Beavis And Butthead Lol GIF by Paramount+

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

The NFL is trying to change from broadcasting model to pay for multiple services model while still expecting taxpayers to help pay for stadiums and infrastructure improvements.  Something has to give.

Drives cap increases, player salary increases, owners making more money, etc, etc, etc...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The NFL is trying to change from broadcasting model to pay for multiple services model while still expecting taxpayers to help pay for stadiums and infrastructure improvements.  Something has to give.

i think you confuse whatever personal grudge you bear over paying for a product or service with something 'giving'

nobody and i mean nobody is going to miss the fan who wont shell out six bucks to watch an nfl game

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Expecting NFL to repeatedly screw customers and maintain fanbase in perpetuity is just not realistic.

I think it’s realistic.  It’s too easy to find a stream to watch for free for the 1 or 2 games a year you don’t want to pay for.  

the nfl fan base isn’t going anywhere anytime soon

5 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I have watched every game for decades. Literally.

Even gotten free trials of fubo, downloaded apps, got up at absurd times to see London games, etc.

But this game isn't on LOCAL ROCHESTER MARKET because piddly little peacock is trying a money grab. 

All the other "exclusives" had free trials, were simulcast on a real network, or even in the case of prime- everyone already has it. But peacock, tiny little bullschitt peacock with nothing worthwhile to offer? The NFL not only isn't afraid, they actively don't like us.

So I can't. I just can't. Sure, I could afford the subscription; but I can't positively reinforce negative behavior by the NFL trying yet another way into fans' pockets. 

They will take our tax money to build the brand new stadium for a billionaire, but we can't even watch the effing game. Pathetic.

Sadly, this is just the beginning. I'm sorry they did this to you, and I don't blame you for not paying them. 

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

i think you confuse whatever personal grudge you bear over paying for a product or service with something 'giving'

nobody and i mean nobody is going to miss the fan who wont shell out six bucks to watch an nfl game

The NFL has a monopoly allowed by US congress.   When their constituents start complaining they cannot watch games they will do investigation and push back at NFL.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dillenger4 said:

It's 2023 OP! Get with it. If you can't figure out how to watch a game (any game) this day in age...

Have you tried the CTV app? Canadian broadcaster carries every Bills game. Just go to their free website, voila. Or just use Dazone. Free.

I'm glad Peacock has this game. It's worth a lot of $$ to the NFL and our teams. That way, we get a new awesome player next year. Thanks Peacock!! Without you - no NFL.

lol wont somebody please think of those struggling darfur war orphans that run the NFL? 

billionaires.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

The people who should really be upset are the Sunday ticket people 

Didn't they pay 399 and still can't watch the game ?

Saturday night games were never available on Sunday ticket so no, I'm not upset. I paid $289. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The NFL has a monopoly allowed by US congress.   When their constituents start complaining they cannot watch games they will do investigation and push back at NFL.

Congress actually held that over their head and that is what ultimately ended local blackouts for non-sellout games...told them they could either end blackouts or they would open up an inquiry to talk about eliminating their monopoly...NFL caved. Fans won.

Can actually thank NY Senator Chuck Schumer as he was one of the main people getting after the NFL about it and since he was the head of a very important committee related to that sort of stuff, the NFL did not want to make an enemy of him.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 4

32 minutes ago, Special K said:

Plus, if you go to a sports bar to watch the game, you will definitely be spending more than six bucks....

Not at the OP’s bar; once you buy a drink, you get refills free because, you know, you already paid for a drink once. 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Limeaid said:

The NFL is trying to move from broadcast model to streaming model.  There are many, many elderly who watch NFL but have no access to streaming services.  

They can’t have access, or don’t have access because they don’t want it?

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

The people who should really be upset are the Sunday ticket people 

Didn't they pay 399 and still can't watch the game ?

We can. Because we’re willing to part with less than $10 to enjoy our hobby. 

I guess I could scream about the injustice of it all, but gas isn’t a nickel anymore either. 

This whole thing is so silly. 

Spoiler: the whopping eight people who really take a stand here will in fact not change anything going on with these streaming services. 

I’d pay more for a single beer at the game than paying for Peacock (which, by the way, has some pretty stellar content as far as the services go). 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The NFL is trying to move from broadcast model to streaming model.  There are many, many elderly who watch NFL but have no access to streaming services.  

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

"It's hard to watch football in the NFL!"

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

They don't have the devices and cannot afford to purchase the devices nor capability of using the technology,

I have offered to buy a pad for an elderly relative and she said she tried to use one at senior center and was unable to.

She still lives at home at 85 and was even hired by senior center to help part time but modern devices difficult for seniors.

Do you think senior living centers across the country are going to join Peacock for a month?

NFL probably does not care for they do not buy gear (although I bought her a scarf) or buy most of items advertised during commercials.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.