Jordan Phillips wrist injured

TD716

11 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

If that were true the phrase "next man up" would never have been invented🤦‍♂️  and this naive statement has been proven patently false time and again every week for every team.  How the heck have we been winning without Milano, Tre, Jones, and every other player who has missed time?!?!  Somehow every NFL team still manages to dress a full 48 every week and still get by, how absurd🤔  So while it would be nice, however unrealistic, no we don't need all our players every week.

• Vomit 1

I remember both of those plays...

So much hope when both of those plays happened. Things were going to change was the feeling. 

That was short lived!!!

21 hours ago, Big Turk said:

One of the absolute greatest start to finish play by play/color commentary calls of all time...perfect timing for everything...might be my favorite playcalls ever

Dierdoff right before the INT:

"Right now, this New England offense has got to get off it's butt and do something!"

The ball is snapped and Dierdorf continues "Your defense just had a 3-and-out, reward them for it."

And before he can even finish the sentence Brady throws the pick to Adams and you hear "Interception!" and all Dierdorf can do is laugh "ho ho!!" The announcer keeps going "Picked off right side!  There goes BIG! SAM! ADAMS!!!"  And all Dierdorf can do the whole playcall is laugh and the yells "Oh no!!!" when Adams rumbles into the endzone...I still laugh out loud every time I watch it...then they show Adams shoving Bledsoe away from him as he tries to come joke and take Adams arm and put it around his shoulders to help carry him to the bench after that INT return...

Another one of my favorite plays from that era...Spikes starts the 2006 season with a sack/strip/fumble of Brady and London Fletcher scoops it up for a TD on the first play of the year...Spikes was such a dominant player for us until he tore his achilles...

15 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

If that were true the phrase "next man up" would never have been invented🤦‍♂️  and this naive statement has been proven patently false time and again every week for every team.  How the heck have we been winning without Milano, Tre, Jones, and every other player who has missed time?!?!  Somehow every NFL team still manages to dress a full 48 every week and still get by, how absurd🤔  So while it would be nice, however unrealistic, no we don't need all our players every week.

All our players include the “ next man up” just sayin 😁👍

8 hours ago, nucci said:

any other starters you think we don't need for the next 2 weeks.... do you think we would have a better record than 8-6 if Milano, Tre and Jones were healthy and playing?

According to your logic we should be 0-14 since we need every player every week🤦

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Any given Sunday we need everybody

I assure you 48 will be dressed on any given Sunday.

7 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

To have a next man up you must be missing the original man, so we don't have ALL our players, just sayin

The key word here is “ need” just sayin, 😁👍

13 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

I never said we "need" every player every week, I think that's naive and silly, but that's just me😉

The OP used the word “need”  I was just having a fun little semantic post, 

14 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Dude, I was agreeing with you via a 90's reference. You said "how absurd". I agreed with a "how bizarre." I'm on the same page.

If your vom bomb was about the vid, then yes: It's a terrible music video. That's why it's funny :bag:

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Dude, I was agreeing with you via a 90's reference. You said "how absurd". I agreed with a "how bizarre." I'm on the same page.

If your vom bomb was about the vid, then yes: It's a terrible music video. That's why it's funny :bag:

Sorry for the “vom bomb”😂.  But that video invoked a little throw up in my mouth🤢. I appreciated the reference though!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

I’m thinking he meant for the 2 games before Miami.

But i’m confident we will just roll with Poona.

Right but bringing in a guy who hasn't played in a year for two games where we are 12 point favorites makes very little sense and I'm guessing would not be attractive to Suh as well

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Not surprised.  Fine representation of his career as a Bill.  Does little- flashes enough to make us think he’s solid- gets hurt and useless for the remainder of the season

At least he didn't get injured falling over himself this time 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Process said:

Ok well Phillips was wrong....

IR means he is out until division round at the earliest correct? Does the 4 weeks extend into playoffs?

This answers my question (assuming they are correct)

Edited by Process
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That blows. I was really looking forward to being back to the DT rotation that included Oliver, Jones, Phillips, and Settle.

If we can get to the second round of the playoffs, though...

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Process said:

IR means he is out until division round at the earliest correct? Does the 4 weeks extend into playoffs?

4 hours ago, SWATeam said:

So IR is four games but does that carry over into the postseason?  There's three games left in the season so he's clearly out for those.  But it resets in the postseason, right?

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

This means he will miss at first of playoffs.  We will miss the big bear.

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

If we can get to the second round of the playoffs, though...

Playoffs are a foregone conclusion this week.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.