Jordan Phillips wrist injured

TD716

3 minutes ago, Steve O said:

This is actually concerning vis a vis NFL scheduling. First, we fly to London to play a team that has been there for 2 weeks, now we have a short week playing a team coming off a Thursday nite game. Unfair enough having a team coming off a Thursday game getting an extra couple days of recovery when they play on Sunday, but now we get one less day to recover. Schedulers didn't do us any favors this season.

Playing a team that is in complete disarray, with interim coach and backup quarterback.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ugh.  Would be a big loss imo.  He hasn’t played well this year, but when he does, like yesterday, he can be a problem.  If he’s out, hopefully Poona will be ready 

Agreed however I’ve given up on the Poona hype/hope train. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Playing a team that is in complete disarray, with interim coach and backup quarterback.

Id rather play against Staley. Sometimes teams get a bit of juice behind them playing for a new coach. Plus there is no tape on the tendencies of the interim coach. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That’s ok

Im not saying it’s not possible just since we haven’t seen him since that New England debacle… that’s after DaQuan going down. More reason for him to step up or become visible and he hasn’t. 

What makes you feel that he can contribute?

4 hours ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Saw a report of a sprained wrist somewhere...nothing official. Team actually got a bit nicked up yesterday. McDermott even mentioned it in his press conference.

I think Spencer Brown had fingers x-rayed after the game. Ty Johnson came to the sidelines twice with right shoulder drooping twice--looked like stingers to me. Leonard Floyd sat out for a bit being evaluated for an unknown injury, but went back in. No reports of severity from what I've seen

What you describe here is hardly "a bit nicked up".  Sounds about what you would expect from a full day of padded practice.

3 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Id rather play against Staley. Sometimes teams get a bit of juice behind them playing for a new coach. Plus there is no tape on the tendencies of the interim coach. 

I agree, but given the Chargers' QB situation, the Bills should be in good shape.  As for Phillips, if the injury is one he could play through if needed, I might dress him but not give him any snaps unless the game starts going south.  It's possible he was available late in the game yesterday but they held him out because the game was in hand (no pun intended).  Obviously, if he can't play, the decision is made and if his wrist is fine, then he can assume his usual spot in the lineup.  He was definitely a beast yesterday and looked the best he has since his first season with the Bills (before he left for the Cardinals).

Edited by msw2112

2 hours ago, BBFL said:

Im not saying it’s not possible just since we haven’t seen him since that New England debacle… that’s after DaQuan going down. More reason for him to step up or become visible and he hasn’t. 

What makes you feel that he can contribute?

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Ugh.  Would be a big loss imo.  He hasn’t played well this year, but when he does, like yesterday, he can be a problem.  If he’s out, hopefully Poona will be ready 

I didn’t say that I feel he can contribute. I said “hopefully he will be ready”.

He’s played decent in past years and he was beaten out by two DTs that would make the DT rotation on most teams.  There’s a chance he can be an average depth player.  We can live with that as long as Linval can play 50ish% of the snaps.  

35 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I didn’t say that I feel he can contribute. I said “hopefully he will be ready”.

He’s played decent in past years and he was beaten out by two DTs that would make the DT rotation on most teams.  There’s a chance he can be an average depth player.  We can live with that as long as Linval can play 50ish% of the snaps.  

Being ready and a depth player would be contributing as there is a missing starter there, no?  Linval has been picked off the street and done more. Guy should have been ready week 1 to compete and again, hasn’t played since New England. What’s stranger more is it’s a contract year again for him and he’s shown the flashes you’ve talked about…

So that’s why I asked of why you feel he can contribute in some way shape or form. Your thought is he’s a depth player with a history of some production. That’s his contribution from your standpoint. 🤷‍♂️

I just don’t see why we are still holding out hope since that’s been the exact sentiment from week 1 and then doubled down on that hope after Quan went out. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.