Dallas @ Buffalo Postgame Thread

HappyDays

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Just remember this: As soon as the game ended, we are all Dallas fans for the next 7 days

Dallas better figure out how to stop RB1 in Miami. Lovely that Bills did NOT play into DAL D pass/speed strength

Edited by Since1981
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

There was clearly something wrong with Micah Parsons from the very beginning of the first series.

Minimal jump, no power, sucking wind 4 plays in; he wasn't right tonight.

He hurt his leg early in the game when a Bills OL got blocked into it - looked like he grabbed his knee - assume it was a contusion or they wouldn't have let him back in

• Like (+1) 1

I'm home from the game and have several reactions. 

1.  One of the best home crowds ever.  The first series wasn't as loud as it was going to get at some points in the game, but on the first series, my friend said, "It's really loud in here," and it was.  During last week's Cowboys game, the announcers explained how this season at some point when the adjustments have been made at the line of scrimmage, the blocking assignments and the audibles and all, Prescott yells, "Here we go!"  That means, "Okay, stop talking, I'm starting the snap count."  Well, today, no one ever heard Dak say, "Here we go!"

2.  I don't pretend to understand the details of the Xs and Os, but Joe Brady understands something.  The Bills figured out how to run on the Cowboys, and it was amazing.  That was offensive coordinator excellence on display.    Who knows how well the Bills would have passed the ball if they had needed, but they didn't to, because ...

3.  The defense was amazing.  Again, I don't know Xs and Os, but the Bills certainly knew something about shutting down CeeDee Lamb.  

4.  When the Bills finally needed to pass, there was one of the sweetest Allen to Diggs connections ever.  What a play.  

5.  Everyone saw Cook, and there is pretty much nothing I can say that would be news to anyone.  Still, his combination of patience and explosive quickness is amazing.  

6.  Why in the world did the Cowboys play Prescott and Lamb on their touchdown drive?  The outcome was decided, and an injury to either at this point of the season could be devastating.  Did Jerry Jones call down from his box and tell McCarthy he was fired if the Cowboys didn't score a touchdown?

The Bills desperately needed a win, especially because the other games this week didn't help the Bills much, and the Bills were thoroughly prepared and emotionally ready.  Super win. 

• Like (+1) 19
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Just now, stevewin said:

He hurt his leg early in the game when a Bills OL got blocked into it - looked like he grabbed his knee - assume it was a contusion or they wouldn't have let him back in

It was well before that; they were down closer to the goalline at that point.

Even at the other end of the field when the Bills first started that opening drive, it was clear that he wasn't right, imo.

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

It was well before that; they were down closer to the goalline at that point.

Even at the other end of the field when the Bills first started that opening drive, it was clear that he wasn't right, imo.

It must have been the hostile atmosphere :)

1 hour ago, BRH said:

I mean, it's funny, and a perfect comment, but just the fact that that was Josh Allen out there was exactly the reason why we were able to run the ball like that today.

Exactly, thank you for saying this. I've been begging the Bills for years to take advantage of easy opportunities in the run game given to us by defenses selling out to stop Josh's right arm. There are wide open rushing lanes against every team we face because they're deathly afraid of us hitting a 40 yard pass.

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Rapp is a jacka-.

Rapp had a decent game, and that PF called on him was totally bogus. I loved the agression he showed there...."Kill the QB" whenever & wherever you can. On that play, Dak was FIVE YARDS past the 1st down marker and could have easily run out of bounds, but he didn't. He turned left, toward the middle of the field, looking to gain even more yards, but then he saw Rapp flying toward him, AND AT THE LAST MOMENT he slid down. It was impossible for Rapp to put on the brakes.

And the 2nd roughing the passer call (can't remember if it was called on Dodson or Benford or someone else) on Dak was even worse, as he was nowhere near in a slide.

Like I have half jokingly said in this forum before, put a pink skirt on QBs, and make them able to be downed by two hand touch.

PS - the RTP call that Josh got was also a gift from the refs, and it is apparent he has been taking some acting lessons with Hailee. LOL

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

Anyone else really feeling like Dodson is turning into a pretty decent LB?  

He's making a few plays that you like to see but there are some times when he's still a bit of an adventure out there.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

1.  One of the best home crowds ever.  The first series wasn't as loud as it was going to get at some points in the game, but on the first series, my friend said, "It's really loud in here," and it was.  During last week's Cowboys game, the announcers explained how this season at some point when the adjustments have been made at the line of scrimmage, the blocking assignments and the audibles and all, Prescott yells, "Here we go!"  That means, "Okay, stop talking, I'm starting the snap count."  Well, today, no one ever heard Dak say, "Here we go!"

On the broadcast they said the Cowboys fans were chanting "Here we go!"...

The fact this thread only has 11 pages 2.5 hours after the game shows that fans dont have anything to complain about (refs, playcalling, etc)

So I’ll complain. Wish Cook caught that TD cause he deserved it especially on that drive. 

This was such a good game because the coaches basically stuck to what worked and didn’t try to get tricky and make themselves look like the smartest guy in the stadium. Just kept running Cook. 

I was actually surprised not a single holding call was made all night. Feel like that is pretty much routine for us to see 2-3 a game

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

We haven’t run the ball like that since OJ

You're right.  That was a special performance.   And no, Thurman didn't run like that.   

Cook's not OJ, because OJ was a threat to do it every week.  Still, that was special. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

The fact this thread only has 11 pages 2.5 hours after the game shows that fans dont have anything to complain about (refs, playcalling, etc)

So I’ll complain. Wish Cook caught that TD cause he deserved it especially on that drive. 

This was such a good game because the coaches basically stuck to what worked and didn’t try to get tricky and make themselves look like the smartest guy in the stadium. Just kept running Cook. 

I was actually surprised not a single holding call was made all night. Feel like that is pretty much routine for us to see 2-3 a game

Great point. Absolutely nothing to complain about. No trolls or negative Nancy’s tonight.

Some hand wringing in the playoff odds thread though.  

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Exactly, thank you for saying this. I've been begging the Bills for years to take advantage of easy opportunities in the run game given to us by defenses selling out to stop Josh's right arm. There are wide open rushing lanes against every team we face because they're deathly afraid of us hitting a 40 yard pass.

I've been begging for the Bills to build a run game like this for years!

CHEERS to Joe Brady! 

Just now, ToGoGo said:

Great point. Absolutely nothing to complain about. No trolls or negative Nancy’s tonight.

Some hand wringing in the playoff odds thread though.  

Playoff thing will work itself out. As long as we win out that’s all we can do. I’m not concerning myself with all The scenarios because there are too many. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Cook now needs 12 yards for a 1000 yards rushing on the season and is averaging 5.2 YPC on the year(actually a decrease from his 5.7 last year) and has another 433 receiving, meaning he has over 1400 total yards from scrimmage...Cook should easily end up with 1,600 yards from scrimmage on the year and if he has a few good games could approach 1,800.

Not for sure, but that is likely only 2nd to McCaffery.  Cook is now 2nd in the NFL in rushing.

Extremely impressive and I wouldn't be surprised if he threatens 2,000 scrimmage yards moving forward in the following years now that he is established as a dual threat and has really found his groove.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.