Around the NFL Week 15

HappyDays

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

Does anyone think Detroit stand a chance for a deep playoff run or will they be figured out and get bounced early?

Detroit won’t make it past the divisional round. I don’t see them going into SanFran or Philly and winning a divisional round game. Dallas I could see them keeping it a game but still losing. 

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

They just beat a team with a winning record by 25 points.

What's going on here???

giphy.gif

You equate Detroit beating Denver at home with them being likely to win at San Francisco or Philadelphia in January? I’m pretty sure that’s not what you’re saying. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BBFL said:

Does anyone think Detroit stand a chance for a deep playoff run or will they be figured out and get bounced early?

If the Bills can't get into the playoffs then I'm going to be pulling for Detroit all the way and hope they can get to the super bowl and win. No, I can't see it happening but it's what I'd love to see. A Ravens Lions super bowl with the Lions winning a nail biter would be great

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, Billznut said:

Detroit won’t make it past the divisional round. I don’t see them going into SanFran or Philly and winning a divisional round game. Dallas I could see them keeping it a game but still losing. 

Detroit has big problems on the road. They can make it to title game if Divisional is at home

I'm sick I didn't start Goff over Wilson in fantasy. Rode Goff all year but didn't want to risk another super poor performance.  At least Wilson got me 19 points n I'm still alive but damn 

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Detroit has big problems on the road. They can make it to title game if Divisional is at home

I'm sick I didn't start Goff over Wilson in fantasy. Rode Goff all year but didn't want to risk another super poor performance.  At least Wilson got me 19 points n I'm still alive but damn 

Hindsight is 20 20 but Goff at home is usually a safe play with much more upside than Wilson. 

56 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Absolutely fascinating 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

If the Bills can't get into the playoffs then I'm going to be pulling for Detroit all the way and hope they can get to the super bowl and win. No, I can't see it happening but it's what I'd love to see. A Ravens Lions super bowl with the Lions winning a nail biter would be great

Being tied with them all those years in the playoff drought gives me a reason for them too. They have talent on that offense and just need Goff to show up and be steady like he was to start the year. He’s been to a Super Bowl before so doesn’t exactly lack experience to overcome what’s ahead of them. 

Like you said, would be good to see. 

12 hours ago, cisco2403 said:

A bit of a hyperbole? A mile? There are NFL players that think Allen is better than Mahomes. Those who play the game not just fans. 

At their best, IMO, Allen is a step above  Mahomes. Even some of Allen’s haters have agreed. 

I don't see many Allen haters at all....where are they? JA is a good story, but c'mon take the blinders off for a minute and try to be objective. 

All the NFL QBs get scrutinized to death, fairly or unfairly. If JA was on Dallas, yeah he'd most likely be much more hyped. 

Mahomes is simply on another level, although this season KC has come back to earth a bit. We all talk about the 13 seconds thing, but honestly, what other QB in the NFL would have made those two throws to set up that FG? 

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Do people seriously believe the refs caused the Broncos loss???

Peyton was screaming at his QB1 for not giving HC time to red flag. It all came at 1 yrd line 2,3,4th and 1. I can’t say it was “the game” but down by 14, it mattered to come away with 0 pts. It was a really strange sequence of three big close judgment calls at the goal line. 

• Like (+1) 1

So Payton says he was actually yelling at Russ because he was “upset about the call,” and added “what I talk about with Russ is none of your business.”

I’m thinking Skip Bayless is right, for once, and Payton was yelling because he overheard Russ complaining that he didn’t challenge the goal-line calls. That checks out, considering his body language and general thin-skinnedness. 

3 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Peyton was screaming at his QB1 for not giving HC time to red flag. It all came at 1 yrd line 2,3,4th and 1. I can’t say it was “the game” but down by 14, it mattered to come away with 0 pts. It was a really strange sequence of three big close judgment calls at the goal line. 

Payton needed to be quicker on the draw.  The Broncos didn’t have time or timeouts to waste at that point.  Throw the flag or don’t, but live with your decision either way.  No need to show up your player on national tv to cover your own indecisiveness. 

Edited by BRH

10 minutes ago, BRH said:

It was a really strange sequence of three big close judgment calls at the goal line. 

It all did happen very fast with three in a row with 1 yard. Worked out for us and glad to see other teams in the position. Vikes can’t figure out the complexity of how to tush push either 😮 send small guys in???

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Since1981 said:

It all did happen very fast with three in a row with 1 yard. Worked out for us and glad to see other teams in the position. Vikes can’t figure out the complexity of  how to rush push either 😮

It’s almost as if, you know, coaching is harder than most people here think it is.  :) 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

If the Bills can't get into the playoffs then I'm going to be pulling for Detroit all the way and hope they can get to the super bowl and win. No, I can't see it happening but it's what I'd love to see. A Ravens  Browns-Lions super bowl with the Lions winning a nail biter would be great

Ravens🤑

Yeah can't stand Harbaugh and Ravens. Would not love for Jackson to "surpass" Allen by making it to the bowl. 

15 hours ago, dakrider said:

So the NFL wants to "sell" football but then they don't want to show a replay of a hit because they deem it too violent it seems. 
Who are they trying to fool? 

They did eventually show the replay and guy did pull down. Impact occured on back shoulder and his back! Should not have been an ejection. 

Basically you can't make a big hit in today's NFL. Not sure what someone is supposed to do with someone coming full speed at them 

17 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

This is disgusting 

Yeah, they’ve got KC and Cleveland and another difficult team 

They aren't the team to worry about. Denver has an easy schedule left and will probably win their last 3, Cleveland has an easy schedule too. IMO it comes down to Indy and the Bills for the last spot. 

20 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

IMO Vrabel is a great coach. Better than Mclappity. 

He's accomplished the same with Ryan Tannehill and has consistently given the Bills problems. I don't know how you could put him signifgantly behind him. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Mikie2times said:

He's accomplished the same with Ryan Tannehill and has consistently given the Bills problems. I don't know how you could put him signifgantly behind him. 

Yes because prime Derrick Henry isn’t worth anything 😂.  He rushed for nearly 200 yards in their two playoff wins 

Just now, Scott7975 said:

I hate the guy and I don't know that he is better than McD, but I can't deny he is a good coach.

I don't get the hate other than he played for the Pats. Same goes with the hate of the Dolphins. There is no rivalry there right now. Unless you were a fan from the Kelly days, their really hasn't been meaningful games other than the one playoff game last season 

1 minute ago, mannc said:

After the Tyreek announcement, the line moved from Dolphins -9 to Dolphins -7.  I can’t ever remember a non-QB with that kind of impact on the betting line.

Everyone knows that offense runs threw Hill and not Tua.  They still have other fast talent on that team but taking Hill out allows easier coverage.

J E T S Jets Jets Jets!!

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yes because prime Derrick Henry isn’t worth anything 😂.  He rushed for nearly 200 yards in their two playoff wins 

Congrats on being the only human being in modern NFL history that attributes a coaches success to a RB. 

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.