It’s Dallas week and the Division is on the line!

Einstein

33 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That seems like some coaches weird idea of visual motivation that none of them would actually give a ***** about, like "Yeah, okay coach put their faces on the pads that'll make it more real."

Teams never learn...don't poke the hungry bear just waking up from its hibernation.  Bills are thinking to themselves

Ron Funches GIF by PeacockTV

The night is always darkest just before dawn.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

I started listening to the Cover 1 roundup and I have to say that feel more secure that we have a shot. A lot of success this season has been Dak Prescott getting the ball out quick to his host of talented receivers while their run game has been inefficient because of a drop off by Pollard and how efficient the passing game has been. I expect we see a lot of nickel and dime, which is what we are built to do, and in chilly, windy and rainy conditions, on the road, I think the D has a chance to foul up their day.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I started listening to the Cover 1 roundup and I have to say that feel more secure that we have a shot. A lot of success this season has been Dak Prescott getting the ball out quick to his host of talented receivers while their run game has been inefficient because of a drop off by Pollard and how efficient the passing game has been. I expect we see a lot of nickel and dime, which is what we are built to do, and in chilly, windy and rainy conditions, on the road, I think the D has a chance to foul up their day.

It's definitely a plus if the Bills can focus pretty much solely on the Dallas passing game. You would think we should be able to generate some pressure and get Dak off of rhythm and timing, but who knows

9 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I just hope he keeps getting healthier.  We need this guy.

We really do. He’s hands are so reliable, it’s refreshing. When the ball goes his way it just sticks to him. It’s good for my blood pressure.

8 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I am interested in how the virus cutting through the cowboys and all the DNPs on their part will effect the game. Can't be good for D. 

From experience I can tell you that viruses have been bad for my D.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

This Cowboys team might be the best team in the NFL right now, at the very least better than KC/Philly.

Bills will truly need to play their best overall game of the season in this one to take the win.

Not on board with this mindset that Dallas is unbeatable and the ONLY way the Bills can win is if they play a perfect game. 

News for ya, if Buffalo and Dallas each play a perfect game Buffalo wins and wins by alot, if every team is on their game Buffalo is the best team in the league, that said Dallas better play a perfect game in order for them to win. So this crap that Buffalo isnt nearly as good as all these other teams and needs to be perfect to win is just that, crap.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

Not on board with this mindset that Dallas is unbeatable and the ONLY way the Bills can win is if they play a perfect game. 

News for ya, if Buffalo and Dallas each play a perfect game Buffalo wins and wins by alot, if every team is on their game Buffalo is the best team in the league, that said Dallas better play a perfect game in order for them to win. So this crap that Buffalo isnt nearly as good as all these other teams and needs to be perfect to win is just that, crap.

Remember who you're talking to here.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I was listening to one of podcasts.  They said Vegas bets were 54% on Buffalo.  But they said big $ was on Bills.  Over 90% of money was on Buffalo

That's always concerning.  Vegas doesn't like to lose.  

Either way, we need Diggs to step up in this game.  He's averaged only 4 catches for 40 yards with only one TD over the past four games, and a 49% Catch%.

It's a slump he needs to shake this week.  

14 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

This Cowboys team might be the best team in the NFL right now, at the very least better than KC/Philly.

Bills will truly need to play their best overall game of the season in this one to take the win.

SF would like a word with you. Anyway 3-3 on the road and they lost at Cardinals. This team is great at home and meh on the road. It will be a tough game no doubt but definitely winnable.

They are doing their "bold predictions" on ESPN's Get Up show this morning.  One of the guys has Dak throwing for 80% completions, 400+ yards and rolling against the "injured" Bills defense.  A couple of the talking heads on that show like Dallas big.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LarryMadman said:

Football is weird like that…we’re an absurd eagles made fg away from being 8-5,2-0 on the road against the eagles and chiefs in our last 2, and the whole league expecting us to be going deep in the playoffs.  But since they made that fg we’re still seen as an underdog lol 

9 minutes ago, zow2 said:

They are doing their "bold predictions" on ESPN's Get Up show this morning.  One of the guys has Dak throwing for 80% completions, 400+ yards and rolling against the "injured" Bills defense.  A couple of the talking heads on that show like Dallas big.

How many games have we lost big in the last couple years lol. One?  I have no problem with people predicting Dallas wins but a blowout? 

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

SF would like a word with you. Anyway 3-3 on the road and they lost at Cardinals. This team is great at home and meh on the road. It will be a tough game no doubt but definitely winnable.

Can’t even call the cowboys good at home when their schedule has been an absolute joke.  That’s gotta be the easiest first place schedule I’ve ever seen so far 

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

Either way, we need Diggs to step up in this game.  He's averaged only 4 catches for 40 yards with only one TD over the past four games, and a 49% Catch%.

its concerning when the majority of bets are one team BUT the big money is on other team (whales/betting groups tend to get it right). So in this case, its a good sign that the big money is on the Bills, decent indicator (not a sure thing obviously, they gotta play the game) of a win. 

To your other point, its not so much a Diggs slump as the way the defenses are covering him, which has opened up things for our RBs in the pass game and how we have chosen to attack the defenses. I would imagine Diggs will be a focal point of the offensive game plan though, especially on quick hitting route/concepts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Usually the 4 Buffalo News reporters are such homers when they pick the scores every Friday,  they always pick the Bills no matter what.  Three of the four pick the Cowboys this week (by 3, 7, 10  points).  A little surprised to see that.

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

That seems like some coaches weird idea of visual motivation that none of them would actually give a ***** about, like "Yeah, okay coach put their faces on the pads that'll make it more real."

I mean it even seems weird to me, Dodson and Poyer, who is that for, the WR or something?

9 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Usually the 4 Buffalo News reporters are such homers when they pick the scores every Friday,  they always pick the Bills no matter what.  Three of the four pick the Cowboys this week (by 3, 7, 10  points).  A little surprised to see that.

That's factually, not true. For example they picked 2:2 for Bills at KC. 

They also picked 100% for the Eagles in Bills at Eagles.

I think all it means is that they recognize it's going to be a hard fought game against a very good team.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think all it means is that they recognize it's going to be a hard fought game against a very good team.

Good pull.  I was traveling and did not see those specific sports pages for those games..  But I'm thinking in my head over the season and last couple years in general.

Just now, zow2 said:

Good pull.  I was traveling and did not see those specific sports pages for those games..  But I'm thinking in my head over the season and last couple years in general.

Well, it's for reals that they've 100% picked for the Bills in a number of games we've lost, but then I think the general fan consensus would be "those were games we shouldn't have lost".

55 minutes ago, zow2 said:

These dopes are always prisoners of the moment and almost always look like fools. It's like when every "expert" does their pre game picks and they all pick the same team and then they lose.

Dallas is the team that always blows it at the most inopportune times, and I think they are flying a bit too high right now being that they really haven't beaten anyone besides a bad Eagles defense that everybody has put points on.

• Like (+1) 1

Ok so I know you can only play your schedule

but do you feel the cowboys are a little overhyped given whom they played ?

nfc East outside of Philly which we played (lost in OT in Philly) - is really weak 

they then played Carolina and actually lost to the cards terribly

watched that Seattle game and - sheesh they got flag after flag on drives they needed - Seattle scored at will despite penalties against them with geno smith 

I’ve seen this play before and just feel that the cowboys record isn’t all that impressive to me.  

crushed by Philly in Philly - had the benefit this last time around becuase we best Philly up and the 9ers did

i don’t see one game on their schedule in a hostile environment and against an opponent like Josh Allen and the bills - am  I right?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

nfc East outside of Philly which we played (lost in OT in Philly) - is really weak 

watched that Seattle game and - sheesh they got flag after flag on drives they needed - Seattle scored at will despite penalties against them with geno smith 

I’ve seen this play before and just feel that the cowboys record isn’t all that impressive to me.  

crushed by Philly in Philly - had the benefit this last time around becuase we best Philly up and the 9ers did

i don’t see one game on their schedule in a hostile environment and against an opponent like Josh Allen and the bills - am  I right?

I tend to agree. I mean Cowboys are always over hyped and talent is often overrated. That's like an NFL rule. 

Let's face it, great win versus Philly but the series is usually a split. They've been avg .500 on the road. They have given up a healthy amount of sacks, they can't really run well, and they are avg stopping the run. Not great recipe to win in December in colder climes. They've never played great in December w cold. They've faced some godawful QBs, lost to the good ones, and the tougher games are on the horizon. 

Dak is playing great, but historically he can make mistakes. He's not the strongest armed guy either so not necessarily a great cold weather/ conditions kind of QB. 

This is not the kind of team that gives us fits. Usually that is your Bengals, 49rr or Colts of the world, teams that can smash you on offense and play physical. This is more of a finesse team. Lots of rhythm stuff.

• Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

40 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

It's hard to gauge.  They have a lot of talent on that team and they are playing very well.  On the other hand, they could just be Miami of the NFC.  Talent for sure but paper tigers.

Anyway you look at it, it's a tough game IMO.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

On paper, the Cowboys are better than the Bills.  The best team doesn't always win. 

Big home field advantage here and hopefully the Cowboys are a little off. 

14 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I tend to agree. I mean Cowboys are always over hyped and talent is often overrated. That's like an NFL rule. 

Let's face it, great win versus Philly but the series is usually a split. They've been avg .500 on the road. They have given up a healthy amount of sacks, they can't really run well, and they are avg stopping the run. Not great recipe to win in December in colder climes. They've never played great in December w cold. They've faced some godawful QBs, lost to the good ones, and the tougher games are on the horizon. 

Dak is playing great, but historically he can make mistakes. He's not the strongest armed guy either so not necessarily a great cold weather/ conditions kind of QB. 

This is not the kind of team that gives us fits. Usually that is your Bengals, 49rr or Colts of the world, teams that can smash you on offense and play physical. This is more of a finesse team. Lots of rhythm stuff.

Can you analyze the 7-6 Bills team? 

On 12/11/2023 at 11:56 PM, Bills!Win! said:

The home run throwback was reversed and the titans helped us beat the dolphins… 👀

what a coincidence. Rest in peace Frank

Did the Buffalo Bills just "reverse the curse" onto the Kansas City Chiefs? 

I'm hoping so...because Buffalo has been having that since the 'wide right", Music city BS, and 13 seconds. 

Let some other team deal with it! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

It's hard to gauge.  They have a lot of talent on that team and they are playing very well.  On the other hand, they could just be Miami of the NFC.  Talent for sure but paper tigers.

Anyway you look at it, it's a tough game IMO.  

Very tough game for sure. I believe the NFC is a lot better than the AFC too. The Cowboys are certainly battle tested this season. They still have a lot to play for. They should be ready on Sunday. Would love to see a letdown but truthfully it's unlikely.

Dak can be bad at times. The Bills pass rush has to generate pressure. The big play and explosive Cowboy offense is a concern for this depleted Bills D. 

McD has really done a very good job with this Bills D. The injuries prevent this team from being dominant. Seems like the defense plays lights out in the first half and then not so good in the second half. A complete game would be a welcomed sight. 

I think we have to talk about both QBs. Arguably the biggest key to winning. Allen under Brady has been very good. Looking like the old Allen we know. No restrictions, dynamic, and elite. Dak is in the MVP conversation so that says a lot. What version of each QB do we get? Dak can get rattled and Allen can certainly turnover the ball. 

Really excited about this game. I really thought the Bills would lose in KC. Gladly, I was wrong. I do believe the Cowboys are the better team. Of course that won't be popular here.

Nevertheless, I just have a gut feeling the Bills win. The fans, home field, the must win mentality, Allen, etc...

Bills 24

Cowboys 23

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

There were several consecutive years in which New England was notorious for covering the spread.  It was like they could never be favored by enough, and bettors were putting big money on them every single week because of their ridiculous record ATS.  I would imagine Vegas lost a lot overall on those bets, fwiw.

Hyde and Epenesa out

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/a-j-epenesa-micah-hyde-ruled-out-for-bills

Bills head coach Sean McDermott announced on Friday that edge rusher A.J. Epenesa and safety Micah Hyde will not play against the Cowboys on Sunday. Epenesa hurt his ribs after picking up an interception in last Sunday’s win over the Chiefs and Hyde suffered a neck stinger.

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Very tough game for sure. I believe the NFC is a lot better than the AFC too. The Cowboys are certainly battle tested this season. They still have a lot to play for. They should be ready on Sunday. Would love to see a letdown but truthfully it's unlikely.

Dak can be bad at times. The Bills pass rush has to generate pressure. The big play and explosive Cowboy offense is a concern for this depleted Bills D. 

McD has really done a very good job with this Bills D. The injuries prevent this team from being dominant. Seems like the defense plays lights out in the first half and then not so good in the second half. A complete game would be a welcomed sight. 

I think we have to talk about both QBs. Arguably the biggest key to winning. Allen under Brady has been very good. Looking like the old Allen we know. No restrictions, dynamic, and elite. Dak is in the MVP conversation so that says a lot. What version of each QB do we get? Dak can get rattled and Allen can certainly turnover the ball. 

Really excited about this game. I really thought the Bills would lose in KC. Gladly, I was wrong. I do believe the Cowboys are the better team. Of course that won't be popular here.

Nevertheless, I just have a gut feeling the Bills win. The fans, home field, the must win mentality, Allen, etc...

Bills 24

Cowboys 23

I believe the NFC only has 4 teams with a winning record? AFC has 11

Edited by Bray Wyatt
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Bills 24

Cowboys 23

Why do you think the NFC is a lot better than AFC?  I think AFC is +8 in the H2H, and I dont know that Cowboys are that battle tested (only 3 of their 13 games are against teams 0.500 or better right now).  Agree with alot of your assessments though on play style and areas of concern; though not sure about poor defense in the second half as were are top 10 in pp2ndhalf.  

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/afc-vs-nfc-record-win-loss-record-conbined-2023

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-2nd-half-points-per-game

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.