Bills/Cowboys early line opens at Bills -2

Big Turk

Everything starts and ends with the offensive line.  Two legitimate 1st ballot hall of famers in Martin and Smith and then an excellent left guard and right tackle. Their center is the only player on the line who is not great.  The left guard smith gets called for holding alot though.

They are front runners of the highest order.  You have to make them drive the field and play from behind.  Dak and that offense have had some of the cheapest softest PI's setup scoring drives.  They pass to setup the run and they just want to keep passing.

then obviously you cant be 3rd and 7+ or else they will come after you from everywhere.  They have 5 legitimate pass rushers, their defensive line is mostly pass rushers.  No one can block Parsons so you have to roll away from him and make him play the run in passing formations.  Running on them is doable because of this.  

finally, the last time Dallas played in Buffalo the Dallas media was brutal to Buffalo calling it a dump and talking crap about how bad Niagara Falls is and all this  other nonsense.  

This is the only game left buffalo can lose.  I really hope they get a lead and make dak play from behind, he is not the same nor are they.  

• Like (+1) 2

2-2 outdoors vs 8-1 indoors.

Prescott stats 

Comp % goes down about 8%, and it was pretty similar in 2022 (1-3 record, same lower comp % and half of his INT's in 4 games).  

Their 4 outdoor games:

40-0 win @NYG - 143 yards passing - they had a pick 6 and a blocked FG TD. 

33-10 win @Car - Rookie QB had 123 yards passing and was sacked 7 times

28-23 loss @Phi - Probably should have won tbh - eagles had 4 long drives and otherwise weren't doing much.  The ferguson no TD was probably the big game shifter here, but they certainly didn't do enough to blow them out.  Lamb had a big fumble at the end too.  Prescott played excellent.

42-10 loss @SF - They played terrible all around and Dak was especially terrible netting 140 yards across 27 called passes with 3 interceptions.  

They also lost on the road against Arizona and won against LA, but both of those were in domes.  He didn't play especially well in either game.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Prescott stats 

Comp % goes down about 8%, and it was pretty similar in 2022 (1-3 record, same lower comp % and half of his INT's in 4 games).  

Their 4 outdoor games:

28-23 loss @Phi - Probably should have won tbh - eagles had 4 long drives and otherwise weren't doing much.  The ferguson no TD was probably the big game shifter here, but they certainly didn't do enough to blow them out.  Lamb had a big fumble at the end too.  Prescott played excellent.

42-10 loss @SF - They played terrible all around and Dak was especially terrible netting 140 yards across 27 called passes with 3 interceptions.  

They also lost on the road against Arizona and won against LA, but both of those were in domes.  He didn't play especially well in either game.  

I expect our game against Dallas to be like the 28-23 game they had vs Philly. It will a hard-fought close game. Hopefully the Bills win.

26 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I expect our game against Dallas to be like the 28-23 game they had vs Philly. It will a hard-fought close game. Hopefully the Bills win.

This.  The way I’ve looked at this stretch of games is that if the Bills ever had a shot at winning a Super Bowl this year, then these are the kind of teams they need to beat.  Both Eagles and Cowboys are live contenders to be the NFC representative, alongside the 49ers.  If we can’t beat the Cowboys in our place in December (or come close), we’d be crazy to think we had a Super Bowl shot anyway.  Josh said after the game yesterday that they’re essentially playing playoff football now.  We’ve got a shot to make a big statement next weekend.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

We can run on Dallas. They get slashed. Run the ball hard, move Josh in the pocket for strikes to Kincaid and Diggs and Cook and Shakir.

It's our D that has to come up BIG this game.

How bout 5 Josh runs?  Spread it out, pull McGovern and let the big dawg run and hurdle.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Prescott stats 

Their 4 outdoor games:

No help from the December weather for us...early forecast is for temps in the upper 40s and partly cloudy.

13 hours ago, Process said:

Our offense has to be much better next week

I agree.  Happy with the W of course but what we saw yesterday on O will be a big fat L against Dallas.  We need to see Diggs dialed in, Gabe contributing at least something...and Josh scrambling out of trouble and making plays w his legs.

I think the Offense will perform better, but I also think the D will get lit up a bit.  So The Bills will need to score high 20's to win this.

• Agree 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

No help from the December weather for us...early forecast is for temps in the upper 40s and partly cloudy.

Yeah - i don't think we want a snow game either though.  

There will be enough wind to affect throws/punts/kicks because there always is in our stadium.  Considerably worse conditions than they faced in philly and carolina.  

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Just looking at the offensive and defensive numbers across the board, the Cowboys are effing good. This is a tougher game than KC in certain respects. At least it's at home: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/2023.htm.

They are - BUTTTT take a look at their schedule and whom they played…idk I feel their numbers and ranks are skewed it’s my opinion

impressice last night for sure against the eagles

i think we would have beat the eagles at home too after they played Dallas and San fran

huge schedule advantage 

idk I like our chances and wouldn’t be surprised to see us win it 

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I agree.  Happy with the W of course but what we saw yesterday on O will be a big fat L against Dallas.  We need to see Diggs dialed in, Gabe contributing at least something...and Josh scrambling out of trouble and making plays w his legs.

I think the Offense will perform better, but I also think the D will get lit up a bit.  So The Bills will need to score high 20's to win this.

Why is it hard for our offensive coordinators to stick with what is working that game?  

this game was cook - let him COOK!!!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

finally, the last time Dallas played in Buffalo the Dallas media was brutal to Buffalo calling it a dump and talking crap about how bad Niagara Falls is and all this  other nonsense.  

This is the only game left buffalo can lose.  I really hope they get a lead and make dak play from behind, he is not the same nor are they.  

The narrative in my head is that Dallas will get off that plane in cold, gray, windy Buffalo and just not be all that interested in playing an AFC game in that "dump" of city.  So we shall see.  Unfortunately the early forecast is not that cold (high 40's), not very windy, and partly Sunny.  Go figure.

2 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Was definitely hoping for a snow game, or at least a much colder one

Strong El Nino this year means warmer temps and non-existent snow for the most part

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

The narrative in my head is that Dallas will get off that plane in cold, gray, windy Buffalo and just not be all that interested in playing an AFC game in that "dump" of city.  So we shall see.  Unfortunately the early forecast is not that cold (high 40's), not very windy, and partly Sunny.  Go figure.

It won't be gray either...starting tomorrow we are supposed to be sunny like 5 days straight...can't say the last time I ever remember that happening in December...we are the cloudiest city in the US in the winter...not unheard of to go more than 3 weeks without seeing any sun in November/December especially.

Edited by Big Turk

3 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

If he's got a 10-15mph tailwind, he probably could punch it through from 70 with a good hit. Did you see how far up the posts that 60 yarder was last night....with zero wind? Guy's got a cannon leg, for sure.

Umm yeah, that ball was good from 70 or close to it.  If he gets a chance I think he can break the all time record with distance to spare.

34 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Just looking at the offensive and defensive numbers across the board, the Cowboys are effing good. This is a tougher game than KC in certain respects. At least it's at home: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/2023.htm.

It’s a tougher game than KC in ALL respects.  The Cowboys are better on every front minus Mahomes, but Dak is playing just as well as Mahomes right now and has 4x the weapons. If the SB Champion doesn’t come from the NFC this year, something went really weird bc there’s nobody in the AFC on par with the Cowboys, Eagles or 9ers.   As stupid as it sounds, the best chance for the AFC is probably Baltimore because their D is really good and they can run the ball enough to control the clock, if Jackson can find a way to not choke, they could be the team in the AFC.  Besides them?? The Bills have every bit as good of chance to win as any other team in the AFC and probably will miss the playoffs completely to multiple back up QBs, it’s a bizarre year.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

It’s a tougher game than KC in ALL respects.  The Cowboys are better on every front minus Mahomes, but Dak is playing just as well as Mahomes right now and has 4x the weapons. If the SB Champion doesn’t come from the NFC this year, something went really weird bc there’s nobody in the AFC on par with the Cowboys, Eagles or 9ers.   As stupid as it sounds, the best chance for the AFC is probably Baltimore because their D is really good and they can run the ball enough to control the clock, if Jackson can find a way to not choke, they could be the team in the AFC.  Besides them?? The Bills have every bit as good of chance to win as any other team in the AFC and probably will miss the playoffs completely to multiple back up QBs, it’s a bizarre year.

Well, the game is at home, and the Bills are a good home team: 24-6 since 2020. The only game they lost this year was one they should have won (Denver). 

As for the SB winner, assuming SF stays healthy, I expect them to steamroll all opponents in the postseason, including Baltimore. 

Edited by dave mcbride

5 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

The NFC is super top heavy while the AFC is deep and beating up on each other.

• Agree 1

One thing is for sure - we will need to keep the Cowboys offense on their side of the field.  As soon as they get to our 42-44 yard line, they have 3 points absent a loss of yardage.  Aubrey may be the best kicker the NFL has ever seen, and we've seen some great ones like Tucker.

4 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

Who is else is ready for 3 hours of “Yeahhhhhh here we go”!

kill me now 

We had a Vietnamese technician working in our gang. Good natured guy, barely spoke English though. When we joked around and played practical jokes with him, he'd say ... HERE WE GO.

So this brings back memories.

We miss you Bahn Huyn ...

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

Who is else is ready for 3 hours of “Yeahhhhhh here we go”!

kill me now 

Thats the best part about it being home... he will have to use the silent count with our crowd

4 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

But 11 should get us a home game on wildcard weekend

No, wildcard weekend we would play a division winner. It would be away.  

Probably the worst match up of the season for Buffalo. Dak is playing at an extremely high level, the Cowboys WRs are all cooking, and the Bills have a bunch of zone corners, fairly average backers in coverage, and outside of 43 straight up BAD cover backers, and precariously on the edge of washed safeties. 

Like if the Cowboys play well that's pretty much 35+ and there's nothing McDermott can do about that. 

Gonna be down to Allen putting up 350 and 4

Edited by appoo
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

Any word on AH Epanesa injury? We need him to play. Von is worthless out there, also think Kincaid has a shoulder injury, any word? 

funny, Von finally had his "moment" this season. And it was massive. 

2 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Von actually showed something against the Chiefs. Maybe he's finally getting it back, probably get suspended if he does just to spite the Bills lol.

Not gonna happen anytime soon. Legal process will take months. And with both alleged victim and Von saying nothing of the sort happened, neither the Bills nor NFL have any basis for suspending him without a lot more hard evidence. 

More than likely these charges are going to be dropped 

(which doesn't preclude fans from thinking Von is toxic...this is his 3rd public gross moment that may or may not be illegal)

Edited by appoo
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Southern_Bills said:

Von actually showed something against the Chiefs. Maybe he's finally getting it back, probably get suspended if he does just to spite the Bills lol.

He a a fraction of what AJ is. We need AJ back in there and Von can come in and give AJ a breather. There is no comparison. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, wppete said:

He a a fraction of what AJ is. We need AJ back in there and Von can come in and give AJ a breather. There is no comparison. 

Von is basically a broken toy. He has one move, run really fast and hope the tackle doesn't catch him. That's how he got to Mahomes actually - the LT couldn't catch up. 

I've yet to see Von make a move that requires any kind of cut. Until he can do that he's purely a situational player

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.