Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Simon

7 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Not the case. That was the deception of the angle. Von wasn't off side. There are reviews of that available out there that clearly show it.

Another thing that happened in the game is the KC defenders held our receivers all 2nd half, on most plays. This is a practice that goes all the way back to when your head coach was a DC for the Giants. Essentially the idea is get 'grabby and holdy' and bank on the refs to not throw a flag every time. KC has adopted this practice for a number of years now. I don't usually see KC do this until playoff time, but they were out in full force doing it yesterday afternoon.

Aside from that, if you want to say Murray's 'catch' was a drop, then ok so was Kelce's earlier in the game.

Poor reffing in our game yesterday? Yes. In the Bills favor? No

I'll take it though one day when we do get more breaks than the other team!

Exactly! I’m not saying they were bad calls but they easily could have gone the other way. I mean I was shocked because the Chiefs usually get away with a lot. 

Oh and don’t forget the holding call on the last drive to make the FG a lot easier. I think it would have been a 45 yard FG or more without that call? Again right call but the Chiefs usually get away with it especially at home. 

• Like (+1) 1

BIG win boys. We played hard, all game! Refs called against us and some against them. That's football.

Josh played great. KC sent the house at us and we weathered the storm! One game at a time and this will all work out.

GO BILLS!

I love how Joe is using a lot of different players on O. Harty, Sherf, Kincaid, Cook, and our new stud: TY JOHNSON!!!!!

If we can contain Cee Dee Lamb we win.

4 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Do you guys want to know how shocked I am that almost no one has mentioned how the players chanted “we got your back,” to Sean McDermott after the game?

McDermott has clearly lost the locker room! 😄

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Exactly! I’m not saying they were bad calls but they easily could have gone the other way. I mean I was shocked because the Chiefs usually get away with a lot. 

Oh and don’t forget the holding call on the last drive to make the FG a lot easier. I think it would have been a 45 yard FG or more without that call? Again right call but the Chiefs usually get away with it especially at home. 

Diggs got mugged after that weak illegal contact call and they didn’t call it so that one felt like it evened out pretty quick.  I think it was the classic ‘we know the chiefs have been holding the bills receivers all night so we have to be on the record calling at least one’ moments 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Do you guys want to know how shocked I am that almost no one has mentioned how the players chanted “we got your back,” to Sean McDermott after the game?

They were drunk on victory, they will remember they hate him after a cold shower

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

One think I’m totally eating crow on this morning (besides being so sure we were going to lose once the momentum shifted towards the Chiefs right before the half):

Our defense did a REALLY nice job overall containing Mahomes and not letting him beat us with his stupid little scampers for key 1st downs.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Amazing win and equally stressful!  Second game in a row where my son had an indoor soccer game from 6:30-7:30 - Coaches have been nice enough to let me sit behind the bench and keep my son apprised of the game.  And just like 2 weeks ago, after the soccer game, we got to view the end on a real TV (with his friends nearby, all Bengals fans).  And we pulled it off!  So awesome.  Opposite of two weeks ago: Zach's soccer team loses but Bills win.  As fate would have it, guess when his next indoor soccer game is?!  

Edited by TheWei44
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheWei44 said:

Amazing win and equally stressful!  Second game in a row where my son had an indoor soccer game from 6:30-7:30 - Coaches have been nice enough to let me sit behind the bench and keep my son apprised of the game.  And just like 2 weeks ago, after the soccer game, we got to view the end on a real TV (with his friends nearby, all Bengals fans).  And we pulled it off!  So awesome.  Opposite of two weeks ago: Zach's soccer team loses but Bills win.  As fate would have it, guess when his next indoor soccer game is?!  

Tell your kid to throw the game for us ;)

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

what did he say? I can’t make out the words? Also are there any lip readers that can tell me what Mahomes was saying when he was yelling?

PM: "One of the worst f'ing calls I've ever seen"

JA: "What?"

PM: "Offensive Offside...<?Kermit noises?>. F'ing terrible"

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

what did he say? I can’t make out the words? Also are there any lip readers that can tell me what Mahomes was saying when he was yelling?

Just went on about that being the worse call he ever seen. Very disrespectful to do that to opposing QB and makes him look like a pathetic lil punk

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Just went on about that being the worse call he ever seen. Very disrespectful to do that to opposing QB and makes him look like a pathetic lil punk

In fairness, Allen and Mahomes are legit friends.  We don't know what was said prior to what the camera caught.  Allen could have mentioned what a crazy play that was by Kelce (like he did post game) and then Mahomes was like yea man but offensive offside!

Not saying it justifies Mahomes whining, but still 

Say what you want about McDermott or Allen, but I  have never seen them play the full blown victim card and blame the refs in the same way that Mahomes and Reid have over the past 24 hours.   I didn't see Mahomes or Reid complaining after the Jets and Vikings games.   Even Brady and Belichick knew better than to bite the hand that feeds them in the few cases where a ref call didn't go their way.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Lol Mahomes is facing the first string of adversity ever in his career, and is absolutely losing his mind over it.

My theory as to why Mahomes went completely ballistic over this open-shut-case of an obvious penalty: it nullified an "all-time signature Mahomes-Kelce play” that the Chiefs' two biggest stars could monetize down the road via commercials etc., especially given the presence of Taylor Swift, who is inarguably the biggest star in the world. For people who are buying Mahomes’s line about "game integrity," there's a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell them.

Also, if you read what Mahomes actually says in that tweet, he's basically advocating for NBA-style star-favoring officiating. Lord knows the NFL has officiating problems, but the NBA is FAR worse.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Lucky to survive with a win.  I've liked Brady, but the 2nd half offense needed to be better.  Diggs playing hurt and dropping passes, Josh not seeing Gabe wide open downfield for a TD certainly a big factor 

I think it was more execution in the 2nd half. They play calling has been much better overall. The only thing I thought they abandoned the run to much in the 2nd.

Josh's jersey was grass stained alot! He was feeling the pressure. He was under that pressure on that play that Gabe was wide open. If he had not been flushed, I think Josh targets Gabe.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

In fairness, Allen and Mahomes are legit friends.  We don't know what was said prior to what the camera caught.  Allen could have mentioned what a crazy play that was by Kelce (like he did post game) and then Mahomes was like yea man but offensive offside!

Not saying it justifies Mahomes whining, but still 

That's true. Just his outburst and this clip paints a bad picture. Go yell at Toney or blame yourself. He had more opportunities to win

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Point is no matter what is called there part of the fanbase is going to complain. The results are what is important, and in this case it all worked out.

And again, all we have heard for WEEKS is that McDermott is a dictator, a severe micromanager and needs to keep his hands out of the offense...but when he does leave it alone. he should have stepped in and overruled these calls? That's a weird double standard.

Sometimes I swear this fanbase should be named "Cybill". 

A reference many on this board have no clue about.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

So, you were sitting in the lobby of Soccer City, watching the game on the TV in the corner?

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

The funny thing is, while there are missed calls and questionable calls every game, this was neither.

It was not a judgement call where one ref sees DPI and another sees mutual hand-fighting.  It was not a bang-bang play where one ref sees late hit/unnecessary roughness against Mahomes while the rest of us see a clean hit by Owens in-bounds as Mahomes was fighting for the 1st down marker.  It was not a missed face mask or horse collar tackle that was partly hidden from the ref's view in real time by 300 lb 6'6" behemoths throwing themselves at each other.

This was an objective rule easily verified on still film just before the ball is snapped.  There is no question at all it was a penalty, and it was properly flagged at the snap, before any glorious play.

Yeah, Mahomes and Reid should be fined for it.  They should also be embarrassed by calling out the refs instead of their own freakin' player

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

12 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

My theory as to why Mahomes went completely ballistic over this open-shut-case of an obvious penalty: it nullified an "all-time signature Mahomes-Kelce play” that the Chiefs' two biggest stars could monetize down the road via commercials etc., especially given the presence of Taylor Swift, who is inarguably the biggest star in the world. For people who are buying Mahomes’s line about "game integrity," there's a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell them.

Also, if you read what Mahomes actually says in that tweet, he's basically advocating for NBA-style star-favoring officiating. Lord knows the NFL has officiating problems, but the NBA is FAR worse.

It's not just star-favoring officiating; he wants it to bend on the outcome of the play.

Mahomes pick -> wait, that was a penalty, nullify it retroactively

Mahomes and Kelce greatness -> let it slide

Because that's fundamentally what he's lobbying for, that Zebras should pick up flags they throw prior to completion of the play,  if the result of the play was awesome.

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Reminder again:  KC's RT is allowed to lineup illegally on almost every play all season 

Don't forget false start, either.  He's allowed to false start on 90% of the plays but only have it called 1 in 10 times it could be. (I made those numbers up but the point stands)

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

It's not just star-favoring officiating; he wants it to bend on the outcome of the play.

Mahomes pick -> wait, that was a penalty, nullify it retroactively

Mahomes and Kelce greatness -> let it slide

Because that's fundamentally what he's lobbying for, that Zebras should pick up flags they throw prior to completion of the play,  if the result of the play was awesome.

Well, that too!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.