Tyler Dunne story on McDermott - 3 parts, 25 interviews, one damning conclusion

Roundybout

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I'm having a very hard time comprehending the 9/11 thing.

There are SO MANY positive examples if he was trying to illustrate that point.

I am all about the idea that sometimes smart people say stupid things, and none of us should be judged by our worst moment.  But for the sake of pete...9/11?  

Pete.. Peterman.. 9/11.. illuminati confirmed. 

Just now, K-9 said:

So in 2053 we can look forward to Dunne’s sources being revealed. 

Sarcasm not your forte.   My point was people dismissing this story because of un-named sources, and I used deepthroat and watergate  as an example of un-named source used in a story, that was true.

1 minute ago, Success said:

I'm having a very hard time comprehending the 9/11 thing.

There are SO MANY positive examples if he was trying to illustrate that point.

I am all about the idea that sometimes smart people say stupid things, and none of us should be judged by our worst moment.  But for the sake of pete...9/11?  

I dunno I’m trying to think of some strong examples of communication and teamwork that didn’t result in the deaths of thousands of innocent people but kinda drawin a blank honestly . 🤔

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, billsfan714 said:

Sarcasm not your forte.   My point was people dismissing this story because of un-named sources, and I used deepthroat and watergate  as an example of un-named source used in a story, that was true.

I wasn’t being sarcastic in the least. Sorry you took it that way. Perhaps interpreting light-hearted comments isn’t your forte.

Just now, Malazan said:

I'm also confused about Dorsey. He was a massive target on this board for ruining Allen and the cheering when he was gone was immense, but now he's an offensive genius that was a scapegoat for McDermott? 

It can easily be both. He was not a good coach, but McDermott has not been a good coach, either. The main point the source was making was how McD never takes accountability so he predicted if things unraveled, instead of taking accountability for his own mistakes by recognizing them and growing as a coach, he would axe Dorsey.

It turned out Dorsey probably should have been let go, but at the same time, the fact is McD has had gaffes this season (and in past ones) just as bad as Dorsey. History shows throughout the numerous sources cited in the article how McDermott never takes accountability for his own mistakes. He's not taking any accountability this year, either.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

It can easily be both. He was not a good coach, but McDermott has not been a good coach, either. The main point the source was making was how McD never takes accountability so he predicted if things unraveled, instead of taking accountability for his own mistakes by recognizing them and growing as a coach, he would axe Dorsey.

It turned out Dorsey probably should have been let go, but at the same time, the fact is McD has had gaffes this season (and in past ones) just as bad as Dorsey. History shows throughout the numerous sources cited in the article how McDermott never takes accountability for his own mistakes. He's not taking any accountability this year, either.

Not something I was discussing. People on this board have turned Dorsey into a competent coach because of their distaste for McDermott. 

Edited by Malazan
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

McDummy actually had the balls to rally the team using the 9/11 hijackers as role models?  *****in' fire him now.  I thought he was bad, but Jesus Christ.

I mean, I just don't get it.  Is there any context that can put this in a better light?

The thing is, we ALL have to answer for this now.  He puts all of us out there for scorn, and ridicule.

9 friggin' 11?  Who thinks of that as any kind of example, of anything?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This post could be summed up as: “I won’t believe anything unless McDermott himself says it. Or at least a current assistant that will go on the record and talk about his current boss.”

If you'll excuse my saying, your summation is consistent in accuracy and perception with many of your other takes on this board.

That is to say, not very.

Do with that as you will.

9 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I'm also confused about Dorsey. He was a massive target on this board for ruining Allen and the cheering when he was gone was immense, but now he's an offensive genius that was a scapegoat for McDermott? 

I think the larger point is that he was a pre-determined scapegoat for whatever goes wrong at any time during this season or next.

He just happened to make it pretty easy for McD by sucking.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

I can’t believe how viral this story has gone. So many Bills topics are trending on Twitter right now. 

I mean, it’s not like he lauded the holocaust for its effectiveness, just a single day terrorist event for its high level of teamwork. 

Jokes aside it’s really amazing that he stumbled into such a terrible speech. I get that if you talk enough you are bound to have a dumb take go on the record but this is an elite level disastrous workplace speech  

This is just another leak in the McD dam that is getting ready to burst due to a catastrophic structural failure.  McD is a over rated, under qualified head coach that can see that his days are numbered,  and he is doing everything in his power to deflect any personal responsibility and blame for this teams 6-6 record.

McD needs to just shut his damn mouth and concentrate on football.  Anyone using a comparison to 9/11 and professional football needs to be treated for psychiatric problems.  God knows that the he can barely speak now with out making an ass out of himself in front of the media.  Everything that has ever come out of his mouth is some distorted convoluted communication that paints him more as a HC that has no clue on what he is doing on and off the field. 

He tries to change the narrative all the time when he is the sole person in charge as coach and DC.   He is responsible for multiple coaching mistakes on the field that he has yet to acknowledge, which are costing this team wins in 2023.  There is no where left for him to run or hide, or try to sidestep the outlying issues with his coaching of this team.  It is squarely on the coach and the majority of OBD and the media knows this now. 

He has evaded 6 years of scrutiny and blame for terrible coaching in the most important games the Bills have lost in their post season appearances. 

He is a sickness on this team & within this organization,  that has turned into a full blown cancer.

He should be terminated ASAP at the end of the year,  to get him out of WNY.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

not very likely i think. mcd is obviously good at covering his own ass, and he brought in beane, who also shown hes loyal. the players are also probably afraid to speak up, and the fired coaches probably have no means of reaching him.

That's my thought too, not like a player is going to go him about a speech before a practice, he probably needs to issue a statement

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

McD has embarrassed the Buffalo Bills. This kind of thing is all over X:

I will say this.  Pegula has shown in the past that he is sensitive to embarrassment.

As a pretty level headed, source-verifying journalist said of the infamous "I was not privy" press conference: prior to that presser, Whaley had a future with the organization.  After it, he didn't.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, uticaclub said:

Does this get published if we are 8-4

I don't understand this mentality. He admitted to some of this stuff. He's very clearly lost the good will of a lot of people in that building. Blaming the journalist is wild to me.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Malazan said:

You missed my point. People on this board have turned Dorsey into a competent coach because of their distaste for McDermott. 

And Dorsey was if you did not fall for the agenda that was being pushed by some to deflect from McClappy's defense giving up multiple game losing drives that put us in the position that we are in:

2022 Buffalo Bills Offense

2023 Buffalo Bills Offense:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, fridge said:

I don't understand this mentality. He admitted to some of this stuff. He's very clearly lost the good will of a lot of people in that building. Blaming the journalist is wild to me.

I’m not blaming the journalist at all. Just an honest question. I’ve been over McDermott for a while.

15 minutes ago, Governor said:

This is tricky. You can’t let the team go out there and possibly win a few games because that would be viewed as rallying behind this coach. As owner, you can’t let that happen. McD really needs to be gone tomorrow.

LOL 

McD's lucky he's still here, we'll disagree on that apparently.  

But hey, if he can win a championship, all this is going to be irrelevant.  

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Einstein said:

It’s OK to be wrong.

He's just not that impressive. Bleacher Report was a crowd-sourced website and a joke for years.  He worked at the Buffalo News and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

I'm not sure when he became a Pultizer winner in your eyes.

1 minute ago, Peter said:

And Dorsey was if you did not fall for the agenda that was being pushed by some to deflect from McClappy's defense giving up multiple game losing drives that put us in the position that we are in:

He's back!  Disappeared after a good Bills win, but flew back for this one.

20 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Guys, just look at this. It's freaking surreal. I know we're discussing it but seeing it as a headline blows my mind...

headline .jpg

Said this earlier, but listening to NYC sports radio guys getting hot and bothered about this on my way home from work was an eye opener. I tune in to bask in the latest Zach/Saleh/Jets bashing and instead I get this? 

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

And BOOM goes the dynomite. Mic drop. McD stays. for years. Now... let's go beat some Chiefs!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

This is just another leak in the McD dam that is getting ready to burst due to a catastrophic structural failure.  McD is a over rated, under qualified head coach that can see that his days are numbered,  and he is doing everything in his power to deflect any personal responsibility and blame for this teams 6-6 record.

McD needs to just shut his damn mouth and concentrate on football.  Anyone using a comparison to 9/11 and professional football needs to be treated for psychiatric problems.  God knows that the he can barely speak now with out making a ass out of himself in front of the media.  Everything that has ever come out of his mouth is some distorted convoluted communication that paints him more as a HC that has no clue on what he is doing on and off the field. 

He tries to change the narrative all the time when he is the sole person in charge as coach and DC.   He is responsible for multiple coaching mistakes on the field that he has yet to acknowledge, which are costing this team wins in 2023.  There is no where left for him to run or hide, or try to sidestep the outlying issues with his coaching of this team.  It is squarely on the coach and the majority of OBD and the media knows this now. 

He is a evaded 6 years of scrutiny and blame for terrible coaching in the most important games the Bills have lost in their post season appearances. 

He is a sickness on this team & within this organization,  that has turned into a full blown cancer.

He should be terminated ASAP at the end of the year,  to get him out of WNY.

His time in Buffalo is over.  You can't come back from this. Hopefully the players can put this distraction away long enough to finish the season strong. This is not an intelligent man (HC) we're talking about here.  Maybe he'll say his defense this Sunday is in "Hamas formation"? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, uticaclub said:

Does this get published if we are 8-4

It's an interesting question.  I listened to Dunne on the Schopp and Bulldog show this afternoon and it sounded very targeted (I won't say biased but that's probably the closest word).

He said all the people quoted had positive comments about Sean but even more positive about Beane and even said that Beane probably put out more fires than most people know about because of Sean.

Made references to Allen being the best thing since sliced bread and Sean was always going to hold him back. (paraphrasing).

I honestly do think that the digging and info that came out wasn't true and all happened but at the same time, I also believe that Dunne has an axe to grind with McD since he doesn't give "new media" media credentials.

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

It's an interesting question.  I listened to Dunne on the Schopp and Bulldog show this afternoon and it sounded very targeted (I won't say biased but that's probably the closest word).

He said all the people quoted had positive comments about Sean but even more positive about Beane and even said that Beane probably put out more fires than most people know about because of Sean.

Made references to Allen being the best thing since sliced bread and Sean was always going to hold him back. (paraphrasing).

I honestly do think that the digging and info that came out wasn't true and all happened but at the same time, I also believe that Dunne has an axe to grind with McD since he doesn't give "new media" media credentials.

I think both are true. I think McDermott deserves the backlash he is getting. I also think that Dunne sounded... questionable on the radio.

My conspiracy theory : Pegula wants McDermott gone, but he knows firing a coach who's made 4 straight playoffs is a dangerous idea. This gives him the ability to do it without being second guessed by some in the media. Tyler Dunne is fed all of the juicy stories and the rest is history. Buffalo will instantly become the top head coaching position. 

THIS IS NOT A COINCIDENCE:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/michigan-finalizing-massive-contract-offer-for-jim-harbaugh-amid-potential-nfl-interest-per-reports/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.