AFC has no clear cut GREAT Team.

PatsFanNH

The AFC this year looks like a mess:

Ravens — Good team but not so good against decent teams with a good Defense.

Chiefs — They look tired this year. I expect this be a 1 year hiccup and they retool the WR next year.

Dolphins — Have they even beaten a team with a winning record yet? 

Jags — A Young Team prone to dumb mistakes 

Texans - I can’t believe they are in the playoffs. another Young team that will be getting scary once Stroud has experience.

Steelers — A scary D, an almost Patriots bad O.

So if the Bills get hit, I don’t see a team they can’t beat in the playoffs till the SB and they gave the Eagles fits. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I get how it sounds to say it, but the Bills are the best team in the AFC, no matter what the records say. 

We're 11 guys on the field vs the Broncos from being 7-5 and in play for the 1 seed still, despite everything else. That said, we wouldn't have Brady at OC, so it was a necessary step back to get where we need to go. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Chiefs — They look tired this year. I expect this be a 1 year hiccup and they retool the WR next year.

Texans - I can’t believe they are in the playoffs. another Young team that will be getting scary once Stroud has experience.

So if the Bills get hit, I don’t see a team they can’t beat in the playoffs till the SB and they gave the Eagles fits. 

Here's a follow-up question, which of the contending teams have better receivers than we do?  

We have the best QB apart from KC, whose WRs blow.  

29 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Which makes this year so sad. Of course the Bills can turn it all around.

It's gonna take 9 straight wins.

When's the last time that happened?  

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Here's a follow-up question, which of the contending teams have better receivers than we do?  

Can always dream!!!!  And I think Allen is the equal of Mahomes (save McD).

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, cDAVIS said:

I still can't believe we lost to the pats broncos and jets the way we did. Makes me sick. Can't imagine how 17 feels.

As bad as the Jets and Broncos losses were, that Pats loss is just beyond shameful. 

Allowing Mac Jones to have a 126 passer rating and lead a game-winning drive... That team been shut out twice this season. TWICE! And struggled to score more than six points several times more. 

11 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Can always dream!!!!  And I think Allen is the equal of Mahomes (save McD).

Indeed, and as usual, were left to our dreams of what could have been.

I'm still PO'd that we're not 10-2 and in the lead for the 1st Seed and homefield.  

I mean the skids were greased for that one.

They're different.  Mahomes has a better short soft touch, Allen has a stronger arm.  

Either on KC would be in the same place.  

Edited by PBF81

15 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

We did 8 straight last year I think. 

What if I told you ...

In the year that the Chiefs look worse than ever, Joe Burrow gets injured, Aaron Rodgers gets injured, and the Patriots are a joke...

The Bills respond by going 6-6 and standing in 10th place in the AFC, currently outpaced by the Browns, Steelers, and Colts, all of which are using backup QBs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

What if I told you ...

In the year that the Chiefs look worse than ever, Joe Burrow gets injured, Aaron Rodgers gets injured, and the Patriots are a joke...

The Bills respond by going 6-6 and standing in 10th place in the AFC, currently outpaced by the Browns, Steelers, and Colts, all of which are using backup QBs.

Luke Skywalker GIF by Star Wars

• Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think people are underrating Miami because they “haven’t beaten a winning team”. True, but they’ve pounded several teams on their schedule in games they are supposed to win. And most other teams are losing multiple games like that. I think barring injury, Miami might be a decent bet to win the AFC, especially considering no Burrow and possibly no Allen to contend with.  I think Miami would win a rematch with KC.  Baltimore and Jax are good but certainly not great.

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I get how it sounds to say it, but the Bills are the best team in the AFC, no matter what the records say. 

We're 11 guys on the field vs the Broncos from being 7-5 and in play for the 1 seed still, despite everything else. That said, we wouldn't have Brady at OC, so it was a necessary step back to get where we need to go. 

In a board full of ridiculous posts, this might be the most insane. We've lost 3 of our last 4, 4 of our last 6 and 5 of our last 8. By no measure are we even a "good" team, let alone "the best team in the AFC". You'd have to make a strong argument to fight for us being an average team right now despite our record.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

This is why I haven’t really given up yet. The last two games, the offense looks like what we expected with JA. With him I think every game is winnable. I would not want to play the Bills in the playoffs if they get in. 

if they finish the season 6-1 with wins over the Chiefs, Cowboys and Dolphins included in there, they would be red hot going into the playoffs. Hopefully McD figured out how to coach this week and they go on a run 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

In a board full of ridiculous posts, this might be the most insane. We've lost 3 of our last 4, 4 of our last 6 and 5 of our last 8. By no measure are we even a "good" team, let alone "the best team in the AFC". You'd have to make a strong argument to fight for us being an average team right now despite our record.

the team will make the argument when they convincingly beat KC then Dallas then the chargers then NE then Miami 

Chiefs have lost 3 out of their last 5 and are about to lost 4 out of their last 6 WHEN we beat them this week

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We are a good team with bad coaching.  Especially this year.  Brady was a nice find.  To win 6 in a row you need more luck than talent.  And we know where the Bills reside in the luck department.  I also do not believe the league has any interest in seeing the Bills succeeding.  So that will play a part in it unless you believe the league has integrity and the officiating is actually competent. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Can't forget the pats!  Holding the Chargers to only 6 point was pretty impressive.

goodfellas-henry-hill.gif

Ugh! 3 games and the D gives up less than 30 points combined… and not 1 game with more than 10 points given up.. record??? 0-3 Ugh… but 2 pick here we come woo hoo! Lol

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Definitely feels this way, at the start of the season my feeling was when the defense was working pre-injuries that we were the offense really fully figuring it out away from being the top team in the league. We were playing well then but maybe that feeling of the offense just not being completely in gear/sync or something was a sign of what would happen later I don't know I just thought they could be firing on all cylinders at the time. But then defense gets hurt and the offense runs into a wall plus McDermott starts coaching like he's got his head stuck in a bag.

But the players we brought in on defense have it playing at a solid enough level if McDermott can get his head out of his ass, and the new OC has the offense starting to kick it into gear finally. Maybe we aren't as good as we could have been and our record is a hell of a handicap but we can still be damn good and the rest of the AFC has taken some shots to the knee. So yeah I think we look like the toughest team in the AFC, it's us or Baltimore.

38 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Wow I bet he didn't think about our record at all what an amazing and well thought out post. 🙄

• Vomit 1

54 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I think people are underrating Miami because they “haven’t beaten a winning team”. True, but they’ve pounded several teams on their schedule in games they are supposed to win. And most other teams are losing multiple games like that. I think barring injury, Miami might be a decent bet to win the AFC, especially considering no Burrow and possibly no Allen to contend with.  I think Miami would win a rematch with KC.  Baltimore and Jax are good but certainly not great.

I think if Miami gets home field they will be dangerous. I don't see that speed offense holding up going on the road to KC, Baltimore or here in January.

The whole thing about beating teams with a winning record is horse pucky. The hold a win over Denver and in retrospect that seems like a good win. The SHOULD have won in Philadelphia but the Eagles got that home red cooking all day.  I think right now if you take the rosters and coaching staffs into consideration, they may be the best team/staff combo in the AFC.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Right now I'm taking the Dolphins to come out of the AFC this year especially if they end up with the #1 seed and get home field throughout. Their offense is a true well oiled machine and that defense is really starting to round into form despite losing one of their young stars the rest of the season recently.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

I can see them losing to the Steelers as the 2 seed.. 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I think if Miami gets home field they will be dangerous. I don't see that speed offense holding up going on the road to KC, Baltimore or here in January.

The whole thing about beating teams with a winning record is horse pucky. The hold a win over Denver and in retrospect that seems like a good win. The SHOULD have won in Philadelphia but the Eagles got that home red cooking all day.  I think right now if you take the rosters and coaching staffs into consideration, they may be the best team/staff combo in the AFC.

Why are they going to hire some fans? Their advantage will be out of season in the playoffs, the only difference is them not having a disadvantage dealing with winter weather that they suck in. Yeah I'm sure the Eagles got favorable calls, that didn't prevent us from putting up points, and the Dolphins are supposed to have the most explosive offense in the league and only scored 17 points, and scored 0 in the 4th. They don't play well against good defenses.

14 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I can see them losing to the Steelers as the 2 seed.. 

I gotta disagree with you there.  I think Miami would score enough points to beat Pittsburgh by handing off every single play to Mostert and Achane.   The Steelers just don't score enough.

That being said, if the Bills are not in I will be rooting for any NFC team to win it all.

Edited by zow2
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

What if I told you ...

giphy.gif

(just sticking with the Henry Hill vibe)

Edited by I am the egg man

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

What if I told you ...

Well, when you put it that way….

My dog has never been kicked. Want to head over and break that streak? 

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Why are they going to hire some fans? Their advantage will be out of season in the playoffs, the only difference is them not having a disadvantage dealing with winter weather that they suck in. Yeah I'm sure the Eagles got favorable calls, that didn't prevent us from putting up points, and the Dolphins are supposed to have the most explosive offense in the league and only scored 17 points, and scored 0 in the 4th. They don't play well against good defenses.

You are entitled to your opinion.

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

How many did Brady win straight Bucs first year? Think it was 8

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

How many did Brady win straight Bucs first year? Think it was 8

Just looked, 4 was his biggest streak.  

Right now we have the 5th ranked scoring offense and the 5th ranked scoring defense.  I suspect that our D will slip significantly, but if not, I'll be curious how many times a team ranked in the top-x for both missed the playoffs.  If my suspicions are correct I'm not expecting to find any, but we'll see.  I'll do the exercise once the season completes if we do fail to make the playoffs.  

2 hours ago, Rigotz said:

What if I told you ...

I would say, “you’re telling me McDermott is still the coach without telling me McDermott is still the coach.”

2 hours ago, Rigotz said:

What if I told you ...

I would tell you we must’ve had a dog ***** OC and a ton of injuries to key players. Lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.