AFC has no clear cut GREAT Team.

PatsFanNH

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The AFC this year looks like a mess:

Ravens — Good team but not so good against decent teams with a good Defense.

Chiefs — They look tired this year. I expect this be a 1 year hiccup and they retool the WR next year.

Dolphins — Have they even beaten a team with a winning record yet? 

Jags — A Young Team prone to dumb mistakes 

Texans - I can’t believe they are in the playoffs. another Young team that will be getting scary once Stroud has experience.

Steelers — A scary D, an almost Patriots bad O.

So if the Bills get hit, I don’t see a team they can’t beat in the playoffs till the SB and they gave the Eagles fits. 

Baltimore looks to be pretty solid with that defense. Dolphins are hot, Texans are hot. Jags could be it too.

I wonder if the Chiefs are rethinking letting their OC leave? 

10 minutes ago, Simon said:

I think the Chiefs real OC is still standing on the sideline with an XXL headset.

But there has been a drop off by their offense. And Washington is a far superior offense than they were last year starting a very meh qb. 

I think EB is much better than he is ever given credit for, 

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And Washington is a far superior offense than they were last year starting a very meh qb. 

They averaged about 19pts/game last year and are averaging about 20pts/game this year; a number that will likely still drop with games left against SF, NYJ and Dal. I wouldn't call that far superior. And I think Sam Howell is better than anything they were putting on the field last year; they should be better than they have been.

I'm not trying to rag on Bienenemy, I just think the Chiefs struggles have little to do with his absence.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But there has been a drop off by their offense. And Washington is a far superior offense than they were last year starting a very meh qb. 

I think EB is much better than he is ever given credit for, 

Consider that Juju Smith-Schyster is a pretty craptacular receiver... but he's still leagues better than any receiver left on that team right now. 

Kelce is still elite, obviously. But he's not getting any younger, might be slowing down a tad this year. 

I think operationally the offense would run smoother with the continuity of Bienemy on the sideline still, but at the end of the day MVS, Hardman and Toney are just terrible football players. He can't force them to catch and hold onto the football any more than Dorsey or Brady could do so with our mediocre corps. 

This is what makes this season even the more maddening...If the Bills get in the playoffs they could go on the road and make it to the Super Bowl as the 7 seed ala the Steelers(well, 6 seed then) back in the day. Have they dug themselves too big a hole with their stupid losses?  Who knows...will be even more maddening if Miami gets the 1 seed after we failed 3 years straight.  But it would be awesome if we get in and play them a 3rd time for the 2nd straight season and beat them in the AFC Championship game in Miami like in 1992?  I believe, in what I call the "Screen Game", where Thurman Thomas destroyed them on screens for much of the game.

Edited by Big Turk

2 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

The NFL has no clear cut GREAT Team this year. Brady was right, it's pretty mediocre.

49ers. But that's it.

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

That's possible but the conspiracy crowd is saying watch out for Ravens vs 49ers... I still think it'll involve the KC Swifts.

Perhaps Ravens vs 49ers was the plan until Kelce hooked up with Swift (though the Chiefs are hardly making it easy on themselves).

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Rigotz said:

What if I told you ...

In the year that the Chiefs look worse than ever, Joe Burrow gets injured, Aaron Rodgers gets injured, and the Patriots are a joke...

The Bills respond by going 6-6 and standing in 10th place in the AFC, currently outpaced by the Browns, Steelers, and Colts, all of which are using backup QBs.

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

So this could have been (still could but probably won't be) the year when the Bills are greased to make it to the SB.  The Bengals are out, the Chiefs a slipping, the Ravens and Dolphins are unproven.  

But on the flip side, facing the 49ers in the SB is a ticket to 0-5 on the big stage.  Of course just making it to the big stage would be a big step forward.  

7 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Baltimore looks to be pretty solid with that defense. Dolphins are hot, Texans are hot. Jags could be it too.

I wonder if the Chiefs are rethinking letting their OC leave? 

Bienemy is just a guy with a foul mouth who rode Reid's coattails

How's Washington going? 

11 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The AFC this year looks like a mess:

Ravens — Good team but not so good against decent teams with a good Defense.

Chiefs — They look tired this year. I expect this be a 1 year hiccup and they retool the WR next year.

Dolphins — Have they even beaten a team with a winning record yet? 

Jags — A Young Team prone to dumb mistakes 

Texans - I can’t believe they are in the playoffs. another Young team that will be getting scary once Stroud has experience.

Steelers — A scary D, an almost Patriots bad O.

So if the Bills get hit, I don’t see a team they can’t beat in the playoffs till the SB and they gave the Eagles fits. 

The dolphins fan was quick to remind me that they have in fact beat one team with the winning record

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The dolphins fan was quick to remind me that they have in fact beat one team with the winning record

Who? The Broncos are 6-6 and that’s NOT a winning record that’s just breaking even right now.  Mind you I think them running up the score on the Broncos woke them up.. they are 6-3 since that loss.  

4 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Bengals beat them pretty bad. Also lost to Minnesota & Cleveland 2 mediocre teams. They're definitely among the top 2-3 teams. But not unbeatably Great. IMO.

They are undefeated with Deebo though. I believe Deebo was injured in the first half of the Cleveland game (box score shows 1 target and 2 rush attempts all in the first half) and then missed the next two losses to Cincy and Minnesota.

There absolutely isn't a top team this year in the AFC. It should be the Dolphins but they have turned into the Bills, minus being able to occasionally beat the  good teams. At least the Bills did that from 2020 to 2022. Dolphins are either beating average or bad teams by 4 TD's or losing to the playoff caliber teams. Their schedule set up nicely for them this year though. That is until their last three games. We will see how they do down the stretch. 

This all just makes the head scratching losses to the Jets, Patriots and Broncos all the more painful. Just pull out one of those games and the Bills are right there. Win two and we likely still take the division. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Bengals beat them pretty bad. Also lost to Minnesota & Cleveland 2 mediocre teams. They're definitely among the top 2-3 teams. But not unbeatably Great. IMO.

They were without Aiyuk and Williams then IIRC. Take them out, plus McCaffrey, and they are pretty average at best.

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

They are undefeated with Deebo though. I believe Deebo was injured in the first half of the Cleveland game (box score shows 1 target and 2 rush attempts all in the first half) and then missed the next two losses to Cincy and Minnesota.

There absolutely isn't a top team this year in the AFC. It should be the Dolphins but they have turned into the Bills, minus being able to occasionally beat the  good teams. At least the Bills did that from 2020 to 2022. Dolphins are either beating average or bad teams by 4 TD's or losing to the playoff caliber teams. Their schedule set up nicely for them this year though. That is until their last three games. We will see how they do down the stretch. 

This all just makes the head scratching losses to the Jets, Patriots and Broncos all the more painful. Just pull out one of those games and the Bills are right there. Win two and we likely still take the division. 

Had a chance to win every loss, never mind one or two. 

The 2x SB champ Chiefs are a great team, who, at 8-4, has “struggled” this season.

Presently, they aren’t facing a team over .500 for the rest of the season. 

Twelve wins or more is expected for them. For other teams, that be a great season.

Edited by I am the egg man

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.