Sources say ZERO PERCENT chance McD is fired

Brand J

From an article in the Athletic:

Although additional calamities may befall McDermott over the next month and half and alter the organization’s plans, four sources familiar with Terry Pegula’s thinking tell The Athletic the Bills’ owner has neither the desire nor plans to make a coaching change.

The sources requested anonymity because they weren’t authorized to speak on the record.

Asked if there was any chance Pegula would fire McDermott, two of the sources replied “Zero.” The other two sources said they would be shocked if Pegula made such a move. All four sources have intimate knowledge of the Pegula-McDermott relationship.

The sources said Pegula still holds McDermott in high regard despite this year’s dip and doesn’t want to meddle with the strong working bond McDermott has with Bills general manager Brandon Beane. The Bills announced in June they had signed McDermott and Beane to contract extensions through 2027.

Welp.

Sources close to T Pegula speak

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 13
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 8
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

Just now, May Day 10 said:

I believe this a lot more than Florio shooting from the hip.

I think this team would have to endure a colossal melt-down in the locker room and on the field the final 5 games in order for any coaching change to be considered

Agreed, it’ll take the players going into Terry to voice their concerns in order for it to happen. I’m not sure how well McD is regarded in the locker room. There was a poll a short while ago of coaches players would love to play for and he didn’t get a single vote, not that it matters a ton, but it was interesting. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, JayBaller10 said:

Agreed, it’ll take the players going into Terry to voice their concerns in order for it to happen. I’m not sure how well McD is regarded in the locker room. There was a poll a short while ago of coaches players would love to play for and he didn’t get a single vote, not that it matters a ton, but it was interesting. 

Yeah, I took note of that too.

I thought there was a chance the team could have quit following the Denver game, 12 men, and the Dorsey firing.  Say what you will, but they came to play vs the Jets and Eagles.  

I dont think its the end of the world if McDermott stays.  This ownership can and will do a lot worse.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Disheartening, to say the least.

My hope is that he either up and quits for his dream job in Carolina that has opened up or failing that, Allen has a chat with Pegula and tells him "it's him or me".

We can only hope Allen does that, otherwise we're going to sit here and stew as more years of his prime are wasted with a terrible HC.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I do see the reasoning, with the way the offense has turned around with the OC change, the injuries to key players on defense. But at the same time his decision making and along with decisions on when the offense should switch to burning clock and that god awful prevent defense that never does *****, it's wearing pretty ***** thin. This year we just have a record that makes it obvious.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I do see the reasoning, with the way the offense has turned around with the OC change, the injuries to key players on defense. But at the same time his decision making and along with decision on when the offense should switch to burning clock and that god awful prevent defense that never does *****, it's wearing pretty ***** thin. This year we just have a record that makes it obvious.

It's exactly this that is the problem. With a superior team, he wins. When games are close and coaching matters that much more, is where he is very weak. 

• Thank you (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Wow. Shocker. Guy has coached the winningest team since Marv. Yeah…let’s get rid of him.

Demanding perfection from entertainment is comical. Instant gratification at its best. 

What do Marv and Sean both have in common?  They both had Elite QB play.  If Chan Gailey had Josh Allen we'd be saying the same thing about him.  The QB that one inherits plays such a huge role in a coaches "success"

Edited by HumbleAndHungry
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Wow. Shocker. Guy has coached the winningest team since Marv. Yeah…let’s get rid of him.

Demanding perfection from entertainment is comical. Instant gratification at its best. 

Instant gratification? Guy has been here 7 years, and the team has been declining since 13 seconds. Andy Reid had more success with the Eagles than McDermott has had with the Bills, yet they moved on from him. He is not a bad coach as he did break the playoff less streak, but it is fair to question if he can win a Super Bowl. I appreciate the division titles and playoff appearances (probably not this year) but these playoff disappointments have gotten old.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

23 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Four sources familiar with Terry Pegula’s thinking tell The Athletic the Bills’ owner has neither the desire nor plans to make a coaching change.

The sources requested anonymity because they weren’t authorized to speak on the record.

Chris Brown 

Steve Tasker 

Sal Capaccio

Maddy Glab

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 11

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I do see the reasoning, with the way the offense has turned around with the OC change, the injuries to key players on defense. But at the same time his decision making and along with decisions on when the offense should switch to burning clock and that god awful prevent defense that never does *****, it's wearing pretty ***** thin. This year we just have a record that makes it obvious.

To be fair, I’d wager the overwhelming majority of fans feel this way about their HC. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.