Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Yeah, bad decisions is part of the organizational issues that were mentioned.

We are currently $42M over the cap going into 2024.

Cutting White saves us $6M. 
Cutting Morse saves us $8.5M.
Cutting Harty saves us $3.9M.
Cutting Poyer saves us $5.5M.
Cutting Johnson saves us $7.7M.

Cutting these players brings us down to $10M over the cap.

We then have to replace those 4 starters too:

Average starting CB: $6M ($5,388,889)
Average starting S: $4M ($4,107,221)
Average starting Center: $6.7M
Average starting Nickel: $4.3M ($4,328,667)

That's $21M in replacements for average players.

There is no easy way out of this.

This would be a terrible mistake IMO.

The center is a pivotal part of the offensive line, both from calling out protections, to his relationship with the QB.

Cutting Taron would be dumb. He’ll get an extension to help alleviate his cap number.

• Agree 1

It’s not so much the contract that’s killing us with Von. It’s his restructure. We should have an out this year and we don’t because of it. 

For all the talk of our record with “this roster”, we have one of the oldest teams in the league. We’ve been screaming towards this cliff for some time. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, julian said:

Yeah the evidence of superficial injuries can and may seem damming, but I can’t help from going straight to the video on YouTube of the woman in a apartment complex accusing her spouse of assault but failing to realize inside the building’s elevator are security cameras where she was caught inflicting the injuries onto herself.

Guess we’ll see where this goes.

Obviously that's awful to think someone would do that, though it's kind of the same with what Miller is accused of. That seems like the only way he has out of this thing but no idea how he'd even prove that in the event that was the case. Either way it doesn't look good for him really it's a bad situation.

As a rich guy he may be able to buy his way out of some of the trouble, but I don't see him staying here unless he clears himself.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Highly doubting Von actually gets in any legal trouble. I'd guess some sort of settlement, maybe even an under the table settlement, is on its way. Not sure what that means for his cap hit but it's probably not great. 

If any of this is true, I hope the woman and her baby get the protection and peace that they deserve. And I hope Von never has any type of role in the NFL ever again (front office included)

Eh, if it turns out that he committed physical acts of violence on her and the DA has solid evidence of such, which they appear to if they put a warrant out for his arrest, then Von might have some real trouble.  Another factor is the pregnancy.  Texas is a big right to life state and if the unborn child is injured or if the woman has a miscarriage because of the trauma and they can prove that these injuries caused it, he may have real big problems.  A victim in a felony assault doesn't necessarily need to testify.  The responding officers can certainly paint a damning picture and must have for them to put out a warrant.  I'm not sure of the threshold of a felony assault in Texas, but this appears to have some weight.  When you drive in to Texas all the signs don't say welcome, they say Don't Mess With Texas...there's a reason for that.  

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

perhaps a cap person can weigh in here: if he has a morality clause, and we void the contract, does that void dead money, etc?  Or is it like cutting him without having to pay him the guaranteed money?  

@Tuco  thoughts mate?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

With the evidence they found they may not even need her to testify.

she could easily say they came from someone else or refuse to testify. women do this all the time in domestic issues, sadly. it's not for money - it's fear, conditioning, or other such things that make it a tragedy.

a non cooperative witness makes a case unable to prosecute. there have there have been cases where the accuser is paid and a settlement reached - literally a time where they sent the witness on a vacation when the court dates came up.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Obviously that's awful to think someone would do that, though it's kind of the same with what Miller is accused of. That seems like the only way he has out of this thing but no idea how he'd even prove that in the event that was the case. Either way it doesn't look good for him really it's a bad situation.

As a rich guy he may be able to buy his way out of some of the trouble, but I don't see him staying here unless he clears himself.

Oh yeah totally agree, that other dude was only saved by cameras, without that he woulda went down and if Miller has no such evidence then he’s in trouble.

I’m happy that he’s no longer going to be taking snaps from Epenesa Floyd Rousseau or even Shaq, he’s been that ineffective.

2 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

There still hasn't been a report of Von Miller turning himself in. 

he is likely organizing his surrender to police to mitigate his exposure, time spent incarcerated, etc.

more than likely the terms will have to be he can continue to work and travel freely, won't spend a minute in jail but pay a very high bail.

just another case of the haves and have nots.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, LDD said:

Eh, if it turns out that he committed physical acts of violence on her and the DA has solid evidence of such, which they appear to if they put a warrant out for his arrest, then Von might have some real trouble.  Another factor is the pregnancy.  Texas is a big right to life state and if the unborn child is injured or if the woman has a miscarriage because of the trauma and they can prove that these injuries caused it, he may have real big problems.  A victim in a felony assault doesn't necessarily need to testify.  The responding officers can certainly paint a damning picture and must have for them to put out a warrant.  I'm not sure of the threshold of a felony assault in Texas, but this appears to have some weight.  When you drive in to Texas all the signs don't say welcome, they say Don't Mess With Texas...there's a reason for that.  

I agree with all of this but really I'm just operating under the assumption that money talks. Even in justice-heavy states like Texas

25 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Just great.  If not showing up for 1/2 the year wasn’t enough, I’m gonna have to change some of my passwords with his number in it. I guess it’s best to keep with 12 83 34 or 78, or an occasional 67 58 or 97. 

Ya might wanna change any 97s. Might wanna read a bit about Biscuit. And 12, well, if we wanna talk about beating women, maybe take Jimbo out too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

With the evidence they found they may not even need her to testify.

Was going to mention basically about the same type of thing @boyst stated below. 

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

she could easily say they came from someone else or refuse to testify. women do this all the time in domestic issues, sadly. it's not for money - it's fear, conditioning, or other such things that make it a tragedy.

a non cooperative witness makes a case unable to prosecute. there have there have been cases where the accuser is paid and a settlement reached - literally a time where they sent the witness on a vacation when the court dates came up.

59 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here's the more specific allegations:

Gotta wait for more facts to come out. But there are bruises and abrasions on a pregnant woman. I don't really see how even the best case scenario here could be anything less than damning for Von Miller.

If you slam the door and I'm on the other side, can you tell that I am " visibly" agitated?

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

He sure did; just remember we were a dumpster fire before he got here. The grass isn’t always greener…

How were we a dumpster fire? We were coming off a great season. 

Free agents were coming here cheaper than they’d get elsewhere. You don’t do that to go to a dumpster fire. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The issue would be the timeline, if this doesn't play out quickly enough it's possible even if they do eventually suspend him that it'll be after those cap hits are set.

The Pats were still on the hook for Hernandez when he got suspended since it was guaranteed.. and that man was the lowest form of human life. 

4 hours ago, ALLinALLEN said:

We're going to be the Lions and have to trade Allen to a superbowl contender so we can see him win arent we?

I joke but were halfway there in years....

Sure, if you want to give up. The Bills can turn back into pumpkins like we're used to. It won't be that bad. We can debate who we are drafting and which washed out QB to sign. All our games will be at 1pm. Just like old times.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, boyst said:

3 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Was going to mention basically about the same type of thing @boyst stated below

Ok. Then I'll answer both of ya...lol.

While correct having the victim back out and not testify can usually lead to the case not moving forward, there are also many cases where it has. Some states do have different laws regarding it, but in some places if the police find the evidence and the DA wishes to proceed it's because there is enough evidence to convict without a witness. Would hardly be unprecedented is my point. 

Now do they have that? That I don't know. Would the DA prosecute a famous athlete without a witness? Again, not known. But it is plausible that Texas of all places would move forward with it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

I agree with all of this but really I'm just operating under the assumption that money talks. Even in justice-heavy states like Texas

Yep. Money talks so much in Texas that they convinced the NFL to let the Texans off scott free in the Watson case, minus the "salary cap" violation and stripping them of a 5th round pick.

Watson's a scumbag. Miller's a scumbag. Let's see what happens.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Also supremely ***** in the head.

Oh I 100% agree! I was just saying if the Pats ended up having to pay him the Bills would probably be on the hook for Miller.  Although I can’t remember if the league made them or if the fiancée sued for the money.. 

8 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I feel like this statement is true, I feel it deep….. deep down in my plums. 

He came in as Josh Allen was winning a Super Bowl for the Arizona Cardinals and I said no, let the boy watch.  He needs to learn, the way I learned, from my father..

• Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

For $120M/season?  

I expect a little bit more than from someone that works at Topps making $32k.  

But what, Thursday thru Sunday isn't long enough?  

But hey, since our defense has earned it ... 

Okay so you did answer my question.  You do want to the Bills to be the ONLY team in the ENTIRE NFL to have shorten bye weeks to practice.  Come to Buffalo, we aren't going to give you full bye weeks while 31 other teams will. 

In your mind, 4 days should be enough for them.  Practicing or playing every week since late July when they report to camp.  Not to mention OTA's and weight training/conditioning, training room, film....it's grueling.  Every weekend late July to January (longer if you're in the playoffs) is taken away by football.  And you say it makes "absolutely no sense" for them to have a week off?

This sounds like someone who has never done anything physically exerting for long periods of time.  I don't know if you have or haven't but it definitely sounds like you haven't.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, OutOfBubbleGum said:

But was there a clause in the contract? Hernandez no. Miller? Hopefully yes.

It was a newer contract for Hernandez. The bleep hit the fan in year 2 of a 4 year deal..  Mind you they should have known better since even the players were scared of him and didn’t hang out with him.. how did so many bad men play with Tim Tebow?? Lol

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.