Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

"Miller has a salary of $17.145 million for 2024. Currently, all of it is guaranteed for injury. Of that amount, $10.71 million is fully guaranteed. The rest of it becomes fully guaranteed in March 2024.

Miller’s contract, a copy of which PFT has obtained, allows the Bills to void the guarantees if he is suspended under the Personal Conduct Policy.

From the team’s standpoint, time will be of the essence. The Bills need a suspension to be imposed before the 2024 season begins, so that the guarantees could be voided and, at the right time, Miller can be released."

Finally some good news!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Miller has a salary of $17.145 million for 2024. Currently, all of it is guaranteed for injury. Of that amount, $10.71 million is fully guaranteed. The rest of it becomes fully guaranteed in March 2024.

Miller’s contract, a copy of which PFT has obtained, allows the Bills to void the guarantees if he is suspended under the Personal Conduct Policy.

From the team’s standpoint, time will be of the essence. The Bills need a suspension to be imposed before the 2024 season begins, so that the guarantees could be voided and, at the right time, Miller can be released."

That sounds better. 

Obviously #1 I hope he didn’t do it. But if he did, we gotta get out of that deal. 

2 hours ago, Dancing Fool said:

The majority of folks seem to want to be rid of him immediately if for no other reason than he's been useless this season. Did you actually read the thread you are posting in?

You just said "majority". I'm not talking about them. Although that is disgusting too. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Not really sure how contracts work in the nfl with players that are imprisoned during their contract. But I don’t see Ruggs on Vegas’ salary anymore. 

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/las-vegas-raiders

Looks like the Raiders took a cap hit of $3 mil in 21' and $4.8 mil in 22' on Ruggs.    It's going to be an ugly situation for the Bills. 

On the WGR morning show today, they were talking about the Bills cap problems for next year.   I was thinking the best option would be to get Von Miller to take a pay cut.   Would help the Bills and no one is going to pay Von anything close to what he's scheduled to earn the next 4 yrs wtih Buffalo.   Of course that was before he got in a fight with his baby mama.  Bills are probably screwed now, with limited options. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/henry-ruggs-47606/

3 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

For the record I'm waiting until ALL the information comes out here.  These kinds of charges are fake all to often for me to be comfortable passing judgement.

For the most part it's not that they're "fake," but that the victim is "in love" with the perp and/or dependent on them so they agree to drop charges in hopes that he will change...spoiler alert, they usually don't, and it's usually not the first time something like this happens that the cops get called.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

So what I get out of it is.... if he gets suspended by the NFL, the Bills dont have to pay him for 2024 and can release him and be off the hook?  

Sounds too 'good' to be true

Yes, he would just need to be on the roster until he is officially suspended.

IF he’s officially suspended. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

"Miller has a salary of $17.145 million for 2024. Currently, all of it is guaranteed for injury. Of that amount, $10.71 million is fully guaranteed. The rest of it becomes fully guaranteed in March 2024.

"Miller’s contract allows the Bills to void the guarantees if he is suspended under the Personal Conduct Policy."

Brandon Beane in light of this information...

e5678824d026282b0f4927b383ad892fed5b8b1a

Edited by Wayne Arnold
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, boyst said:

you wear socks to bed, you have wonderful hair, and like to be the little spoon

You, on the other hand, extoll the virtues of natural healthy foods but eat PBJs and Spaghetti-Os when your wife isn't around, shake paint cans manually even though you know deep down it doesn't work but still do it because it's fun, and very much want to give Von Miller the same due process you give others but just hate him too f'ing much to truly pull it off. :devil:

Here's the more specific allegations:

Police allege in the court document that the argument, which started over upcoming travel plans, began about 10:40 a.m. in the main bedroom of their apartment. The woman then went into their home office and slammed the door, which the affidavit says made Miller “visibly angry.”

Miller then walked into the office and yelled at the woman to “get out,” the affidavit says. The woman tried to comply, but wanted time to retrieve some of her belongings, such as her laptop and phones.

As she was grabbing them, the affidavit says Miller shoved and pushed her. The woman repeatedly yelled “Stop, I’m pregnant.”

Miller continued to push the woman as he stepped on her feet, which caused her to fall back into a chair, the affidavit says. He then put a hand on her neck and applied pressure for 3 to 5 seconds, according to the affidavit, which police say caused pain but not difficulty breathing. As she continued to try to gather her belongings, Miller grabbed her phone, threw her laptop on the floor and stomped on it, the affidavit says.

As she tried to pick up her laptop, Miller yanked her hair, pulling a chunk of it out and causing her to collapse, the affidavit says. She got up and began to record Miller on her phone, which she put in her pocket, police wrote in the affidavit.

The affidavit says Miller once again grabbed the woman again, pushed her onto a couch, wrapped both hands around her neck and applied pressure.

The woman told Miller she was calling police, which prompted him to leave the apartment, the affidavit says.

Police responded to the apartment condominium and saw the woman had “minor abrasions” on her left hand, as well as bruising on her abdomen, left bicep and neck that was “consistent with applied pressure,” the affidavit says.

The woman showed police a recording where Miller could be heard in the background yelling and telling her to get out, according to the affidavit. In her 911 call, she also identified herself and Miller, the affidavit says.

Gotta wait for more facts to come out. But there are bruises and abrasions on a pregnant woman. I don't really see how even the best case scenario here could be anything less than damning for Von Miller.

• Sad 2
  • Shocked 2

11 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

That sounds better. 

Obviously #1 I hope he didn’t do it. But if he did, we gotta get out of that deal. 

I would speculate if there is a police report (which there must be for a warrant) that confirms injuries, he’s done as a Bill. 

Only question is whether or not NFL suspends him. Sounds like even if it’s one game, if it’s against the PCP Bills can void his guarantees. Otherwise I think the team eats the money and moves on. 

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

perhaps a cap person can weigh in here: if he has a morality clause, and we void the contract, does that void dead money, etc?  Or is it like cutting him without having to pay him the guaranteed money?  

I would assume guaranteed money is the would be “dead money,” so if he’s suspended under the NFL’s PCP, the cap room just went up. 

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

This will at least get him off the field for the KC game. 

I think it’s a pretty safe bet we don’t see Von again this year. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1

40 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I guess Diggs can now say "I'm wearing the gold leather"!  Bet we won't see that commercial any longer.

interesting.  if they are paid on how long it runs, does Diggs have a claim against Miller.  (likely were paid upfront regardless of use).  

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

perhaps a cap person can weigh in here: if he has a morality clause, and we void the contract, does that void dead money, etc?  Or is it like cutting him without having to pay him the guaranteed money?  

We’re absolutely screwed.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I don't know any of these answers but I would guess that the league itself would be fairly accommodating in allowing the Bills to maneuver themselves into position to release him just so that he is not on anybody's roster next year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

That will ruin our season.  Last year it was the Topps shooting and Damar, and now this!  How can these guys be expected to be good at football with such distractions???

Are you serious? This is minor stuff and well, frequent for NFLers. Not at all like the Topps shooting, Damar, snow game in Detroit, etc. And it's just an accusation, he 's not been found guilty. 

• Agree 1

Just now, RousseauRage said:

Police reports are hearsay, they confirm nothing and are not evidence.

An affidavit isn’t though, that just came out and details what he’s accused to have done. If she has injuries consistent with her story that are supported by medical staff, Miller is done. 

At least in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Innocent until proven guilty, but what is the best case scenario for Von given those facts?

If all those things are true, I'd guess the league is open to the idea of the Bills finding a way to get him off the roster without massive cap damage and will be happy to have him no longer affiliated with the NFL in any way.

Likely permanently.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They found bruises on her ABDOMEN. A pregnant woman. Also bruises on her neck and minor abrasions on her hand.

Innocent until proven guilty, but what is the best case scenario for Von given those facts?

Best case scenario for him is he is released by the Bills who eat his contract. 

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here's the more specific allegations:

Gotta wait for more facts to come out. But there are bruises and abrasions on a pregnant woman. I don't really see how even the best case scenario here could be anything less than damning for Von Miller.

I'm pretty sure that Von's days in the NFL are done....unless this woman is totally lying....but the bruises on her body seem to back up her story. Crazy how a few minutes of anger can ruin someone's life/livelihood.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

They found bruises on her ABDOMEN. A pregnant woman. Also bruises on her neck and minor abrasions on her hand.

He buys the alleged victim off, she doesn’t testify, and the prosecutor declines to prosecute. 

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

I'm pretty sure that Von's days in the NFL are done....unless this woman is totally lying....but the bruises on her body seem to back up her story. Crazy how a few minutes of anger can ruin someone's life/livelihood.

I’d gather that if this is true, it isn’t the first time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.