Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/buffalo-bills-nfl-von-miller-faces-arrest-in-dallas-texas-domestic-violence-case/287-2904617b-5d0d-4252-a321-28d8f61807f0

Ā 

DALLAS ā€” Star NFL linebackerĀ Von MillerĀ faces an arrest in a domestic violence case in Dallas, multiple police sources told WFAA on Thursday morning.

Sources say Miller's longtime girlfriend has accused him of assaulting her at their home in Dallas on Wednesday morning. Sources told WFAA that his attorney has been contacted about the case and that a warrant has been issued for Miller's arrest.

Ā 

As of 9 a.m. Thursday, Miller, 34, had not been arrested.

Ā 

Sources told WFAA that the warrant was for a charge of assaulting a pregnant person, which is a third-degree felony.

Ā 

WFAA reached out to the office of the attorney who is believed to be representing Miller, but the attorney was not immediately available for comment. WFAA has also reached out to a Dallas Police Department spokesperson for more information about the case.

Ā 

Miller, a DeSoto native, is currently a linebacker for the Buffalo Bills, who are on a bye and not playing this week.Ā 

Ā 

Miller previously played for the Los Angeles Rams in 2021 and for the Denver Broncos from 2011-2021.

Ā 

Miller was a star in Denver, where he earned three first-team All-Pro selections and led the Broncos to a Super Bowl victory in 2015. Miller was traded to the Rams during the 2021 season and helped Los Angeles to a Super Bowl victory that season.

Ā 

Miller played college football at Texas A&M.

Ā 

In 2021, MillerĀ was under investigationĀ by the Parker, Colo., police department, but the 18th Judicial District, the district attorney's office for the city, declined to move forward with charges against Miller. Details surrounding the investigation were not disclosed by authorities, and Miller remained on the Broncos team for that upcoming season.

Miller has plenty of money to get this fixed, Ā I am sure the Bills gave him 48 hours to clean this up. Ā Any woman can accuse another mam , Ā no one knows what happened for sure. Ā Look at the Matt Araiza situation

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Ā 

Yep - you can pursue bonus money paid out or whatever... but you aren't really going to get cap space back.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Likely ends up on exempt list - gets cut post June release.Ā  We end up withĀ 

Ā 

2024 dead - 17M

2025 dead - 15.4M

2024 cap savings - 6.79MĀ 

Brutal

Just now, Niagara Dude said:

Miller has plenty of money to get this fixed, Ā I am sure the Bills gave him 48 hours to clean this up. Ā Any woman can accuse another mam , Ā no one knows what happened for sure. Ā Look at the Matt Araiza situation

Like somebody else said though, if the cops showed up shortly after it happened, and she had visible bruises, his goose is cooked.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

That would only save Pegula money. The Bills are still on the hook for a mountain of dead cap.

If he violates his contract and it voids the guarantees then the Bills can get out after March 1st by designating him a 6/1 cut. We would no longer be on the hook for any of the 2024 compensation. They might even be able to suspend him for the remainder of this season, which would be another $430k.Ā 

Ā 

Next season he already has $10.71M guaranteed with another $6.435M guaranteeing on March 21st. He has another $255k in active roster bonuses in 2024. That adds up to quite the savings - over $17M. Iā€™ll take it if we can get it.Ā 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

Last time I wad in Dallas, I heard gunshots and screaming šŸ˜±Ā 

9 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Probably the same percentages that exist in the rest of society, yup

I'd argue it's probably a bit higher.Ā  Many of these players have been protected from consequences a fair amount of times. Add in the money they have that can both open the door to more opportunities to make poor decisions and give them an out to buy their way out of trouble.

Ā 

Johnny Factory Worker assaults his spouse, he's going to jail. Super speedy NFL WR does the same and gets a record setting contract.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

If this ends up all being true, my first hope is Von retires from football.Ā  That will be an out for some of the cap.

I doubt there is another stipulation in the contract that would give them a break but will have to see.

Ā 

Von's initial contract wasn't that bad with an out after 3 years, but the restructures made it worse.

Ā 

This should be a lesson to those who feel "restructuring" every large contract has no risk to it.Ā  You can add Tre White's contract

to this too.Ā  I know you have to use it at times but it's not a panacea.

Ā 

Yea.. I canā€™t get on Beane for the contract in a vacuum. Ā  Von played like a Top 10 EDGE until he tore his ACL.Ā 
Ā 

The restructure makes this worse and also the fact we needed to make the Von move due to Beane missing on Basham and drafting a project in Rousseau and a guy who also took some time in Epenesa.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Wow this is crazy. Von has some explaining to do. Time for Pegula to clean house. McDermott, Beane, Von Miller, Poyer, Hyde ect. They are ruining Josh Allenā€™s prime years, feel bad for Josh.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Is this always about Josh?Ā 

Ā 

What exactly did Poyer and Hyde do to hurt Josh.Ā  They are warriors.Ā 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'd argue it's probably a bit higher.Ā  Many of these players have been protected from consequences a fair amount of times. Add in the money they have that can both open the door to more opportunities to make poor decisions and give them an out to buy their way out of trouble.

Ā 

Johnny Factory Worker assaults his spouse, he's going to jail. Super speedy NFL WR does the same and gets a record setting contract.

Oh I didn' t mean the percentage of folks who get caught or "revealed", I meant the percentage of scumbags who would lay hands on a woman for any reason other than self defense.

• Like (+1) 1

We cannot blame Beane for Miller getting hurt but Benne did not do enough background checks on Miller because there were reports of cocaine use by his former girlfriend and another baby mama.

Ā 

This was not a good signing based on noise of that and his age at the time of signing. Ā The Raven got LB Roquan Smith for a second and 5th rounder, Ā signed him for less money and he was 25 at the time of trade. Ā That makes sense for both present and future, Ā I never liked the idea of giving a guy 33 years old so much guaranteed money

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, 34-78-83 said:

Oh I didn' t mean the percentage of folks who get caught or "revealed", I meant the percentage of scumbags who would lay hands on a woman for any reason other than self defense.

That's a bit more possible. However, I'd still argue that the NFL players that can and would do something like that is higher because they aren't used to being held accountable.Ā 

Ā 

Add in that some take different "medications" to help build muscle, lessen pain and have had repeated blows to the head...perhaps their self control isn't the same as regular folks as well.Ā 

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Ā 

So we shouldn't take a shot to try and go over the top?Ā Ā 

You don't take a shot with a 35 year old has been with injuries and potential play decline and injury risk due to age and pay him 100$m and structure the contract with no outs.Ā  It was a terrible signing then, and worse today for said risks I mentioned and we are seeing.Ā  No one expected this though, and most fans are looking at it as a way to get out of the contract it's soo bad

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Niagara Dude said:

We cannot blame Beane for Miller getting hurt but Benne did not do enough background checks on Miller because there were reports of cocaine use by his former girlfriend and another baby mama.

Ā 

This was not a good signing based on noise of that and his age at the time of signing. Ā The Raven got LB Roquan Smith for a second and 5th rounder, Ā signed him for less money and he was 25 at the time of trade. Ā That makes sense for both present and future, Ā I never liked the idea of giving a guy 33 years old so much guaranteed money

Signing high profile players in FA rarely make an impact commensurate to their contract, especially if over 30. Anyone who follows the nfl knows this. Beane should be ashamed.Ā 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Is this always about Josh?Ā 

Ā 

What exactly did Poyer and Hyde do to hurt Josh.Ā  They are warriors.Ā 

It kind of is.. considering heā€™s the reason we have a team/organization with Championship aspirations.Ā 
Ā 

Whatever happens, this organization needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and decide whether theyā€™re going to go all in around their elite QB or keep acquiring and/or holding onto defensive assets the HC clearly advocates for.Ā 
Ā 

Hyde & Poyer will always be Bills legends. Ā But we held onto them for a year too long. Ā  Same will go for Tre this off-season.. it sucks, but a hard convo needs to be had about his future here.Ā 
Ā 

We canā€™t keep holding onto our previous Championship window if we ever want to get to the next Championship window.Ā 
Ā 

The Offense is in a good spot for next year. Ā We can realistically bring back the entire OL (which is a top

5 unit) plus Diggs, Shakir, Kincaid, Cook and Knox. Ā  Do we go all in and get Allen a top WR or two in this Draft, maybe our future Center early? Ā 
Ā 

Or do we try keep bandaging a defense that simply needs to have a machete taken to it, infuse a ton of cheap youth into it and take some early season lumps on that side of the ball like KC did last year on the way to a Super Bowl.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

assaulting a woman is about as anti a "process" as there is. Accountability, character, excellence?

Ā 

The optics of this are awful. I dont judge him guilty he IS presumed innocent. I do know he will hire the best lawyer money can be and probably this goes away sooner rather than later criminally.Ā  Ā I hope he didn't do it. Laying hands on any woman isĀ  badĀ  but whileĀ  pregnant?Ā  That's beyond the pale

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Here come the heā€™s guilty until proven innocent crowd lol

This isnā€™t a violation. He was apparently charged with a felony.Ā 
Ā 

police donā€™t just do that based upon a whim of a woman. Ā There needs to be decent evidence. Ā Photos. Proof.Ā 
Ā 

this doesnā€™t look good at allĀ 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.