AFC Standings, schedules, & Rooting Interests FINAL 1/7/24 BILLS 2 Seed!

Donuts and Doritos

33 minutes ago, Process said:

We are now -400 to make playoffs and +180 to win the division. Seems to suggest that Vegas thinks we have a good chance to get in even with 10 wins. 

I'll take those odds for the Bills to win the division.  If they get to week 18 with the division on the line, you have to like the odds versus a Dolphins team that usually implodes in those situations.

18 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

going to arrowhead right out the gate would ***** suck. really hope the bills win out and the fish lose tomorrow

2 seed is still plausible. Not easy, but plausible. Bills win out, Miami drops one to Dallas or Baltimore, KC drops 2 of 3 to Raiders, Bengals and Chargers. No Arrowhead required.

3 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

2 seed is still plausible. Not easy, but plausible. Bills win out, Miami drops one to Dallas or Baltimore, KC drops 2 of 3 to Raiders, Bengals and Chargers. No Arrowhead required.

They only need KC to drop one.  If all the other AFC south contenders lose 1 game and fall to at best 10-7, we win the tie breakers at 11-6 against KC.

Heck, as long as we go 11-6 we can root for Cincy over the Chiefs.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Guys, I know about the division currently. I’ve laid it out like others have.

I’m also in the category of “This team will never lose again.”  I think even one of us made a great thread about this.

That said, what are the most likely scenarios that get us in at 10-7? Likely scenarios would be who is likely or could lose to who.

Go Bills.

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I’m also in the category of “This team will never lose again.”  I think even one of us made a great thread about this.

That said, what are the most likely scenarios that get us in at 10-7? Likely scenarios would be who is likely or could lose to who.

Go Bills.

Doesn’t seem too likely, at least enough to be optimistic about. Would need 4 of these 5 teams (IND 8-6, HOU 8-6, PIT 8-7, CIN 8-7, DEN 7-7) to finish with 8 losses.  For some of those it means they have to lose one more.. and for some it’s both of their next two games. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Process said:

We are now -400 to make playoffs and +180 to win the division. Seems to suggest that Vegas thinks we have a good chance to get in even with 10 wins. 

Where are you seeing those odds?  I’m not seeing the -400 line anywhere…

Ok, so who am I rooting for today? 

i assume (but am often wrong) we want: 

Falcons over Colts

Texans over browns? (Not sure on this one) 

Bucs over Jags 

Cowboys over the fish of course

Pats over Broncos. 

And tomorrow Raiders over Chiefs. 

i think that’s right; just need help confirming Texans/Browns. A Houston win puts them both at 9-6, but a Browns win drops the Texans pretty much out of the picture. 

12 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Ok, so who am I rooting for today? 

i assume (but am often wrong) we want: 

Falcons over Colts

Texans over browns? (Not sure on this one) 

Bucs over Jags 

Cowboys over the fish of course

Pats over Broncos. 

And tomorrow Raiders over Chiefs. 

i think that’s right; just need help confirming Texans/Browns. A Houston win puts them both at 9-6, but a Browns win drops the Texans pretty much out of the picture. 

it’s convoluted but a Browns win gets the Bills a lot closer to the playoffs as a 10-7 team than would a Texans win.

You basically want at least 4 wild card contenders (including the Broncos and Steelers) to get to 8 losses. For the Browns, that’s not likely. It’s a definite possibility for the Texans.

Edited by Ecmic82
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Go Bills.

Without even getting into tie breakers, if the Bills finish with 7 losses we would need the following: Steelers, Broncos, and Bengals all lose 1 game to get to 8 losses.  And one of the AFC South teams (Jags, Texans, Colts) lose 2 games to get to 8 losses.  Some of these teams play each other so some of these losses are guaranteed.

I'm sure there are other paths (Browns go 0-3, more AFC South losses allows for non-afc South teams to win out, tie breakers), but this to me is most likely and easy to understand.  I'll worry about tie breakers in final week (if necessary).

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Ecmic82 said:

it’s convoluted but a Browns win gets the Bills a lot closer to the playoffs as a 10-7 team than would a Texans win.

You basically want at least 4 wild card contenders (including the Broncos and Steelers) to get to 8 losses. For the Browns, that’s not likely. It’s a definite possibility for the Texans.

Thanks - you knew exactly what I was getting at; what is best scenario in case we lose another one. 

So go browns. 

Edited by stevestojan

Weird thought… but if Miami beats Dallas and Baltimore, they take the division, and the Bills/Fins game won’t matter for that purpose. 

Wonder if Miami would sit their starters?  If the Bills beat the Pats, and Miami plays backups, it almost ensures that we get in as an 11-6 wildcard… and it keeps Miami healthy for playoffs.  But suppose it could matter for overall playoff seeding for Miami too.. 

5 hours ago, bills6969 said:

I think we want the Browns to win.  Pretty much eliminates the Texans

With Texans and Colts both looking like their going to lose, that’s one less team we’d have to contend with for a WC at 10-7.  Unless they tie, one of them will end up 9-8 or worse after they play (or both 9-7-1 if they tie).  Would be nice if Steelers, Bengals and Broncos each find a way to lose another before Week 18, as a win next week on our end would then guarantee at least a WC spot heading into Week 18.

5 hours ago, Ecmic82 said:

According to NYT, a Browns win gives us an 8% boost. Which is large.

Browns are winning and Falcons are winning. Everything looking goood.

• Donuts and Doritos changed the title to AFC Standings, Schedules & Rooting Interests UPDATED 12/24 After 1:00 Games BILLS #6 Seed!
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.