Missing Person's Report: Bills Edition

Special K

The following players may end up on the side of a milk carton soon:

image.png.26a96b0a7ae0b41787638f324576ad88.png

AJ Epenesa:

After a strong start to the season, AJ has fallen off the face of the Earth in the last month. I don't believe the Bills will be re-signing him at this point.

Von Miller:

I know he is coming off a serious injury, but he has played multiple games without as much as a whisper. He gave the Bills a strong first 10 games last year before the injury, but I can't remember a faster fall from elite to non-factor than this.

Micah Hyde:

Hyde missed almost the entire season last year with a neck injury. This season he has missed the entire season while actually playing in almost every game. I think Father Time has caught up with Hyde and his career is basically over.

Anyone else need to be added to this list?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I would also add Bass to the list.  I been saying all season that something is wrong with him.  He's missing field goals he don't normally miss.  He missed xtra point last week.  When is the last time he has kicked it through the endzone?  Hell half the time it isn't even getting to the endzone.  McD even occasionally punts at an area where Bass SHOULD be able to make it, so he knows something is up.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Beast said:

I get Gabe Davis is a good blocker but I’d like to have a #2 wide receiver that actually is a consistent contributor catching the ball instead of being known as the House Ballard of wide receivers.

Put him on my missing list.

Really? After last nights 6 catches 105 yards and a TD performance? 

4 hours ago, Special K said:

AJ Epenesa:

After a strong start to the season, AJ has fallen off the face of the Earth in the last month. I don't believe the Bills will be re-signing him at this point.

Von Miller:

I know he is coming off a serious injury, but he has played multiple games without as much as a whisper. He gave the Bills a strong first 10 games last year before the injury, but I can't remember a faster fall from elite to non-factor than this.

Micah Hyde:

Hyde missed almost the entire season last year with a neck injury. This season he has missed the entire season while actually playing in almost every game. I think Father Time has caught up with Hyde and his career is basically over.

That has been Epenesas entire career. Just this year he was playing better at the start of the year. Shame. Don’t worry though because of NON Miller we don’t have any money to sign him again anyway. 

Non Miller. That’s all

Hyde and Poyer are both older, slower

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Beast said:

I get Gabe Davis is a good blocker but I’d like to have a #2 wide receiver that actually is a consistent contributor catching the ball instead of being known as the House Ballard of wide receivers.

Yeah that was a for sure TD and game winner for virtually any other number two reciever on a roster

had a real chance to be a hero and - failed miserably 

I'm going to put Terry Pegula on the milk carton.

While I don't want him to be Jerry Jones or Jim Irsay in the media everyday, some comments on this team this season would be really nice from ownership. Even if it's just to basically say "we plan on evaluating everything after the season". Something. Anything.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'm going to put Terry Pegula on the milk carton.

While I don't want him to be Jerry Jones or Jim Irsay in the media everyday, some comments on this team this season would be really nice from ownership. Even if it's just to basically say "we plan on evaluating everything after the season". Something. Anything.

I think thats why he hired people to do it for him.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Kraft hired people

for that too, he still lets his feelings be known.. in good and bad times. 

I think Pegula will save any words til an end of season press conference.  He's just so terrible at public speaking that I think the PR team rightfully worries that he'll screw something up.  

Team is 6-6 - and the coach has earned the right to coach out the season.  I don't think anything the owner could say right now is changing that.  

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

When you own the team you need to do more than just hire people to outsource things to. 

As much as I feel McDermott is failing this team, he's the only one in management that has the balls to sit in front of reporters and face the music. Sure, he doesn't say a whole lot, granted. But at least he's on the firing line. 

Pegula and even Beane should be answering a LOT of questions right now as well.

• Agree 4

Poyer for sure is on this list. The injuries have caught up with him and he has lost any burst towards the ball that he had. Hyde for sure as well. Yesterday's ad lib TD from Hurts was proof of Hyde's inability to keep close coverage or close on a receiver in time to break up a pass or tackle. Sad because I loved both these guys !

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, Beast said:

Well, them I guess Beane will actually have to draft a WR before the mid 4th round.  

Our 4th-Round WR is outplaying his current contract though.  He's the lowest paid starter on the team.  

... Or pay through the nose for another free-agent WR.  

Maybe time for Beane to be shown the door along with McDimwit.  

Everyone clamoring for a better #2 than Davis, but it's unlikely they're going to get that in the later rounds or for cheap.  

That's a Beane problem.  

58 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Well, then it's time for Pegula to take the broken record off the turntable and replace it. 

• Agree 2

It's a shame we've paid Hyde and Poyer the money in their twilight years while they struggle that they arguably deserved in their prime years when they were perennially the top duo in the league. 

We had them both for quite a bargain for a while. 

Nature of the beast, I know. Still sad to see. 

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

When you own the team you need to do more than just hire people to outsource things to. 

As much as I feel McDermott is failing this team, he's the only one in management that has the balls to sit in front of reporters and face the music. Sure, he doesn't say a whole lot, granted. But at least he's on the firing line. 

Pegula and even Beane should be answering a LOT of questions right now as well.

I believe he's contractually obligated to speak to media post-game.  Beane does a post-season presser, but day to day game isn't his job.  And Owners... i mean the ones who do talk don't usually help.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I believe he's contractually obligated to speak to media post-game.  Beane does a post-season presser, but day to day game isn't his job.  And Owners... i mean the ones who do talk don't usually help.  

Yes, he's obligated to show up. He's not obligated to sit for as long as he does and offer answers. Case in point, ever see a Bill Belichick presser?😂 

Also, I can't think of once where Sean has cut off a presser and stormed out or done anything but sit and face the questions asked. Sometimes you do get a "I respect the question but I'm not getting into all that". 

In addition to his post season presser, Beane normally does do one just after the trade deadline as he did this year. 

47 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I think Pegula will save any words til an end of season press conference.  He's just so terrible at public speaking that I think the PR team rightfully worries that he'll screw something up.  

Team is 6-6 - and the coach has earned the right to coach out the season.  I don't think anything the owner could say right now is changing that.  

Unless Pegula fires McD AND BB, you will not be hearing an end of season press conference from him. 

The guys that are missing are the two starting calibre players that could h ave been had for the money the Bills are paying Von Miller.  Beans worse miss as a GM.  and, McD, also for playing miller when he is a zero on the stat line many games in a row.  Rehab him in the practice dome!

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Why has he earned that right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Special K said:

AJ Epenesa:

Von Miller:

Micah Hyde:

This fool isn't really "missing".  In order to be "missing" you have to be here in the first place right?  He simply sucks and should be cut.  Ran wrong routes a few times, one was in the red zone and could have been a TD.  I think the end result of that drive was a missed FG.

Attachment-1.jpeg

Edited by Nuncha

7 hours ago, Beast said:

I don’t disagree but I feel kind of bad for Gabe in this one…he had a good game but all we’ll remember is that final offensive play 

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

Well, them I guess Beane will actually have to draft a WR before the mid 4th round.  

Our 4th-Round WR is outplaying his current contract though.  He's the lowest paid starter on the team.  

... Or pay through the nose for another free-agent WR.  

Maybe time for Beane to be shown the door along with McDimwit.  

Everyone clamoring for a better #2 than Davis, but it's unlikely they're going to get that in the later rounds or for cheap.  

That's a Beane problem.  

Well, then it's time for Pegula to take the broken record off the turntable and replace it. 

That’s what draft picks are for. There are some very good WR’s coming out this season. Get one.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I want to add, “honest officiating.” Since the inclusion of legalized gambling on NFL games, there’s no way you can convince me that it isn’t affecting outcomes. Additionally, on field officiating is clearly being influenced by higher agendas, such as marketing and TV revenue.

I understand that the NFL is a big business. It is still a “sport” and should be determined by the players on the field and not by the money-changers.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, gjv said:

I think the Bills will resign AJ. He's played well.

He should have been on the field for Philly's last two drives over Miller.

2 hours ago, Beast said:

That’s what draft picks are for. There are some very good WR’s coming out this season. Get one.

First round!  Not 4th or 5th.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.