We're Going To The Playoffs. (edit: Updated - Super Bowl)

Doc Brown

2 hours ago, Beast said:

Seriously?

How about allow yet ANOTHER team to drive the field on his defense at the end of regulation and in OT when everything is on the line? 

How about his defense coughing up a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter?

How about giving up 30 points in Philadelphia’s last 6 drives?

How about playing his DB’s 8 yards off the LOS on a 3rd and 3 in OT?

How about wasting a timeout trying to ice a kicker on a 59 yard FG when that timeout could have been better spent attempting to get back into FG range yourself if the Philly kicker makes that 59 yard FG?

How about kneeling on the ball with a chance to get into FG range when you have Josh Allen as your QB?

Wait so it was the D fault that Allen got fooled into throwing a pass that got picked off and gave the Eagles a very short field to score? 

The D did stop them on their last drive in the 4th quarter. A 59 yard FG in the rain had a very low percentage chance make it.. 

:20 seconds left and how far do you think they can move the ball say a 55 yard FG.. here how that plays out.. it gets blocked and an eagle runs it back for a TD then you are saying they should have taken a knee. 

let’s be honest special teams killed the Bills yesterday in specific the FG Kicker and blocking team.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Mark it down right now.  This team is going to the playoffs.  We're going to run the table and finish 11-6.  Too much adversity has hit this team over the last four years for it not to happen.  The negativity they'll hear the next two weeks will spring this team like it did in 2021 in a very similar game in Tampa.  It's always darkest before the dawn.

Just say no to Drugs!

Say yes to THIS!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I agree! I think Dolphins drop 2 and Bills beat them for division on tiebreaker.  The Fins haven't beaten a +.500 team and face Ravens & Cowboys. 

We played the Eagles the best we could and got screwed. 

The only "good team" the Bills have beaten this year is the Dolphins.  But we sure have lost to some not so good ones. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I agree! I think Dolphins drop 2 and Bills beat them for division on tiebreaker.  The Fins haven't beaten a +.500 team and face Ravens & Cowboys. 

We played the Eagles the best we could and got screwed. 

Right!  Considering all of the +.500 teams we've beaten, makes perfect sense.  

We barely eke games or against the Giants and Tampa, but lookout KC and Dallas.  

Not trying to make light of you, but these posts that point out what other teams haven't done with claims that we'll surpass them, despite the fact that we haven't done them either, are always amusing.  

It'll be half remarkable if we can simply beat the Chargers, Pats, and Miami again and finish with a +.500 record ourselves.  

Not one of those games is a gimme for us.  

Edited by PBF81

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I'd like to believe that.  It's certainly possible.  I just don't right now.  This game hit me hard.  I mean it's really difficult to lose a game like this that the team was in strong position to win and McD does it every damn time.  This is why I believe he needs to go and the fact that we have to retool next season is a good time for it to happen so a new coach can build in his vision.

It's well past time for Mr. Defensive Minded to go, and for us to get a coach that integrates with our core historic strength and generational talent.  

McDimwit's defense keeps failing us in the biggest moments and games anyway.  

So what's the point in keeping him.

It's astonishing enough that the team still buys his "Process" snake oil crap.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Mark it down right now.  This team is going to the playoffs.  We're going to run the table and finish 11-6.  Too much adversity has hit this team over the last four years for it not to happen.  The negativity they'll hear the next two weeks will spring this team like it did in 2021 in a very similar game in Tampa.  It's always darkest before the dawn.

I love the optimism. And it's possible. KC is looking beatable. The Eagles, Chiefs, Cowboys was always "realistically two out of three". Brady has Josh on fire again.

But there are still lingering issues even if we do and make a run

6 minutes ago, motorj said:

The offense is definitely back so I'm not counting the bills out just yet. Cleveland, cinci, pittsburg, houston are gonna fall back at some point

I'm not so sure about Houston.  Stroud's setting rookie records.  

Either way, it's far from inspiring when you're hoping for teams like a Burrow-less Bengals, the Browns, and a Pickett-led Steelers to fall back so that you can pass them.  

If we beat KC our heads will start to spin and think it's possible.  Cowboys aren't the same team on the road.  I don't see Allen losing a prime time game in a dome against a Charger team that is even worse than us in terms of late game management.  The Patriots will be like our second meeting with the Jets.  The Dolphins game will be a challenge but we may have their number mentally.  The Bills team and fans have been through the wringer this year and winning out will just make it that much sweeter.

And only four more weeks till Santa comes too!  

It's all so exciting!

• Haha (+1) 1

I want to believe it but I don’t. Those losses to the Jets, Broncos, and Patriots really sunk us. We have zero room for error now and have to run the table vs a tough schedule.  That requires us to be consistent and play mistake free football something we haven’t done all year. It’s over. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills have had many demoralizing regular season losses under McDermott (Hail Murray, Wind Game, Sun Game, Minnesota home game last year, Tampa game in OT, Titans MNF slip, etc.).  They came back EVERY time.

Our playoff losses were all demoralizing too.  

We didn't "bounce back" from those.

Time for a new coach!

I had us beating the Eagles in a nail biter and losing to KC.  I just can’t see the Chiefs losing a 3rd home game.  Hope i’m wrong and the script is flipped and we do run the table.  That’s the only way. Dallas will not feel comfortable playing in mid-December in WNY. The Chargers will be tricky but they seem to lose to everyone else, NE is woeful and Miami in a must win situation is doable.

Yeah ok. And in the playoffs, McDoopy will find a way to suck the soul out of this team, this town, this fan base all over again. Like usual. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Making the playoffs isn't the goal anyway, and hopefully people remember that!  We want to win a Super Bowl. Making the playoffs only to choke away a win @Ravens or @Chiefs is a failure.

The sneaky bastard McDermott has moved the goalposts.  Very few expect us to make the playoffs anymore, so now making the playoffs with Josh Allen is a success lol and will save his job.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Really love the optimism.  If we can somehow beat KC, I think we have a decent shot at 11-6.  Dallas will be tough, but over the years they haven't played well in Buffalo.  The game in Miami could end up being the must win to get in.

Edited by Nuncha
  • Like (+1) 1

We actually ran the table the last 3 seasons in a row after terrible losses.

2020 Cardinals Hail Murray game, won 6 (after the bye)

2021 Tampa OT game, won 4

2022 Vikings 4th and 18 and OT, won 6

• Like (+1) 1

Mark it down right now.  This team is going to the playoffs.  We're going to run the table and finish 11-6...It's always darkest before the dawn.

Don't stop there. The complete scenario would be a rematch with the Eagles in the SB. 

Not likely, sure, but there would be some good story lines there.  

This game won’t hurt so bad if we didn’t blow games to MacJones, Zack Wilson, and The Broncos. Embarrassing losses. Sad part is if we make the playoffs, we could make the SB (I’m sure we will lose a heartbreaking playoff game but still). 

this season sucks so bad because there are so many what ifs. 

Great.

Note to the offense.  You will need to be up 9 points or more with 1:00 minute or so left on the clock in every game going forward or the philadelphia football savant who runs everything here will find a way to lose the game for you.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Can you even remember the last time a kicker was "iced?"  That ***** doesn't work.  Who cares if Allen threw an int?  He also threw 2 TDs and ran for 2 more. Allen was the reason we were winning that game.  You let your elite QB be an elite QB.  It was a bad call all around.  and yes, McD does tell the offense to burn clock.  Thats why while on offense that drive McD had the playcard over his mouth talking.  Why would he need to hide his mouth while we are on offense.  Thats McD's call whether to be aggressive or to be conservative and try and burn clock.  Thats exactly what happened.

How many games have we lost like this?  The dude is not good enough.  I am tired of excuses.  Eventually it's a pattern.  That pattern is apparent.

I actually can… the exact same scenario played itself out in the Jaguars/Texans game yesterday.

Texans trailing the Jaguars by 3 points. Incomplete pass stopped the clock with 34 seconds left. Texans lined up for a 58 yard FG and Doug Pederson called his second timeout to ice the kicker. Kicker hit the crossbar, game over.

• Eyeroll 1

For a normal team in any league or sport this is entirely in the realm of possibility but not for this team! Why? because this is the cursed Buffalo Bills! Bad luck, Bad officiating, Bad coaching, freakish plays and injuries for us or against us. Any one or all of these things will derail our trip to the playoffs. Here's what I predict (which of course is the worst case scenario). We tease our playoff chances so that we are sucked back into the hope vortex only to be cruelly denied at the very end. The Bills are like Charlie Brown kicking the football and the football Gods are Lucy. Same crushing end, every year, forever. Or like another pop culture analogy, its like "Groundhog Day" at the end of every Bills season.

Edited by Livinginthepast

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.